Alex on the Talk, Sept 2013

maggatha3
Ancient

Alex on the Talk, Sept 2013

Post by maggatha3 »

-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Re: Alex on the Talk, Sept 2013

Post by GuardianAngel »

:lalala: Haven't watched it yet. I don't think I'm gonna get a chance until tomorrow morning. So....I'll be back. :winky:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

It's too bad he had all of ~5 minutes with them. I wish it had been more.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

He is so charming! He totally had them wrapped around his pinkie. :laugh: And I loved it that the sassy lady (I don't know any of their names except for Sharon Osborne) told him that
Spoiler:
McGarrett really loves Catherine! :yahoo: And it made him so uncomfortable! What the heck!! :banghead: Alex doesn't like his characters to be happily in love, have you noticed that? :shrug:

(I put that inside spoiler tags for those who won't be able to see it till later on.)

Anyway, he was fabulous and I loved his stories about Lion. :happysigh: :happysigh: But yeah, he should have had another 15 or 20 minutes! Sheesh. :eyeroll: Why even have other guests when Alex is going to be on?? :noway:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Did you catch his hilarious aside to Sharon Osborne?
Spoiler:
There's nothing like a good lei.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yeah! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: But I think Sharon said it first, didn't she?
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I think you're right!! But it was a fun exchange.

I was cringing a bit before he came out as the ladies were talking about Robert Pattison and how he worries about how he's dressed, which segued into men taking off their shirts for TV and movies. I had visions that that was going to be a topic with Alex and thankfully, it wasn't.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yeah, it's bad enough that talk shows always seem to use that picture of him with the blue trunks and the string of fish. Not that I mind seeing Alex with his shirt off, mind you. But could they maybe use a picture that isn't so beefcakey once in a while? :shrug:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

He seemed very relaxed, a bit more relaxed than other interviews. One of the things I thought was interesting was
Spoiler:
he's right most of the rest of the world has good public transit in big cities. LA is very difficult without a car
I wonder if The Talk has had host turnover. Of course, Julie Chen is there and Sharon Osbourne but I didn't recognize the woman the one that seems to really follow the show.
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

maggatha3 wrote:ALEX on the TALK!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51X9Qkl7Ctw
Thanks, maggatha! He is beyond cute. :melts: :melts: :melts: Loving the pics of Lion. He's a cutie pie.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

^ Yeah, and in that one, he really looks like Malia. Can't believe it's almost been a year. And that Lion's b-day is so close to mine. :happysigh:

A few comments on the viewing:

1) I loved that he brought the leis.
2) I imagined Alex saying "Hi, Les's wife" when greeting Julie Chen. :snicker:
3) I laughed so hard when he said, "The guy won't die. What if I just shoot him? With my gun." He sees the obvious too, no? :winky:

It is so great to see the promo effort ramped up this year... and including him, for once. Why didn't they do this the first year? :shrug:

I agree as well that it was too short. I wish he'd get on one of those shows where he's the only guest for that day. But after the long dry spell, I'm just happy to see him getting out there a little more. It's in his best interest, for future endeavors. :whistle:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

None of the guests on The Talk have very long. It's annoying as hell when it's someone like Alex you want more more MORE.

I expected the leis. When they had Grace on she brought some so Alex would have to as well.

I was annoyed with the trunks picture too. How about a nice shot of him in uniform!? Always gotta go for the lowest common denominator. :eyeroll:

Lion is frickin' adorable! Loved the story about not getting any sleep for a while. Parenting is hard no matter who you are.

I forget how charming he is. We don't get to see him off screen enough.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

GuardianAngel wrote: I expected the leis. When they had Grace on she brought some so Alex would have to as well.

Ditto when DDK was on.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Finally got around to watching this. I actually thought they gave him a decent amount of time. Most of these types of shows give one segment per guest.
First of all, the man looks AMAZING. Like, forget my name, take my breath away, babble like a fangirl AMAZING. Wow.

Few things--when the topic of him and Catherine was brought up, my read on his response was that he didn't want to spoil. When the gal mentioned they were "madly in love" he seemed like he didn't want her revealing that. Perhaps there is some big declaration coming up after all?

HM---And how much did you all love when he talked about Wo Fat being the "man that won't die" and how he "bitched to Peter" about just shooting the guy?! "I mean, I have a gun, it's right there, how about I just shoot him with it?"

:rolling: :rolling:

And no wonder there were pix last year where he looked tired, sounds like they had a real issue with the baby not sleeping.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Not only not sleeping, but not sleeping for ten months? :gasp: It's a wonder he could function at all!!
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Return to “General Discussion”