Blood Suckers PG-13

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Blood Suckers PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

This little piece of fluff would take place early in Mick and Beth's relationship.

Mick and Beth were driving over to Josef’s Labor Day Barbecue.

“Will there be other vampires there?”

Mick laughed. “Of course. Most of the guests will be vampires.”

“Why does he have a barbecue when there is only one item on the menu?”

“Beth, the freshies have to be well fed to….be on the menu. Besides a pool party means scantily clad freshies.

Beth groaned. “Please tell me there won’t be any nude volleyball like on the 4th of July.”

Mick shrugged. “We don’t have to go.”

“I want to go.” Beth said. “It’s just I haven’t seen you in a week. It was hard telling my Mom I have a new boyfriend that I can’t introduce, let alone show her a picture.

“Honey, it’s just….she’ll remember me.

“Of course she would. You don’t forget the man who saved your child. We could say you were his son.”

Mick disagreed. “It opens up a can of worms. Every time she saw me it would remind her of the worst days of her life.

“I know you’re right. It’s just……I would love for her to meet you. I missed you.”

“I’ll call Josef and cancel.” Mick said.

Beth shook her head. “We can’t. Logan wants me to meet his girlfriend.”

“Girlfriend??” Mick asked.

“Yes, he found a freshie that passed the Star Wars Encyclopedia test. This is their first date.”

“How do you know about this before me?”

“Because he was texting me non-stop about first human date etiquette.” “I told him we’d be there for moral support.”

Josef’s freshie Tangie greeted them at the door and they made their way to the backyard.

The freshies were quick to make Beth comfortable per Josef’s instructions.

Beth met Logan’s date Maxine who seemed like a nice girl. Mick was concerned that she was only there on the clock but Beth didn’t think so.

Mick watched her eat but around sundown Josef asked him to come inside and discuss a job. As soon as Mick left she started being bitten by mosquitoes. Within half an hour she was clawing at her arm. No one else seemed to be bothered so she asked one of Josef’s girls.

“Summer, do you have any insect repellent?

Summer looked surprised. “No. We’re not allowed to have anything with strong scents.

Beth sighed.. “I’m getting eaten alive. How do you girls stand being out here all the time?’

“I haven’t been bitten by anything since I moved in last spring. “ “None of us are ever bitten.

“Never? I guess I have sweet blood.”

Summer shrugged. “I guess so. I’ll go to the drugstore but…

“I don’t want you to get in trouble. Beth said.

A pretty young brunette walked up to Beth. “Excuse me, are you Beth Turner?

“Yes.”

“My name is Plum Blossom.”

Beth tried to look polite but there was a slight eye roll.

“Plum laughed. It’s not a freshie name. My parents actually wrote that on my birth certificate.”

“I’m sorry, it’s just there are so many Cinnamons, Cookies, Sugars..

“I know. I overheard you talking to Summer. She reached in her purse. I have some unscented insect repellent. The vamps will still notice but it won’t offend their delicate noses.

Beth really appreciated it. “Thanks. I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve never been a bug magnet.

Plum whispered. “When was the last time you were bitten?

Beth was shocked at her directness. This was not an ordinary docile freshie.

“Ummmm I’m not sure that's any of

Plum waved her hand. “I’m not asking about your sex life. It’s just I’m guessing you haven’t been bitten in at least five days. That’s why the bugs are attracted to you.”

“Huh???

“Blood suckers respect the food chain. If a human smells like a vampire they won’t touch them. If you haven’t been bitten you stand out like a sore thumb. The mosquitoes are fighting over you like the last turkey leg at Thanksgiving.

“Bugs recognize vampires? I mean I knew cats did but..

“All animals do.” Plum said. “My boyfriend told me all about it.”

“Your boyfriend?’

Plum pointed to an attractive and fit man in early middle age.. “Charles Riley. He’s a jeweler.

Mick came out of the study and could smell Beth’s blood. He rushed to her side and then when he saw the bites he looked embarrassed.

“Beth, I’m so sorry.”

Plum reached over and took her tube back. “I think you’ve found a more natural method.

Beth smiled. “I think you’re right. Can I have your number? I’d like to have lunch with you sometime and discuss…all the things I should know.”

“Sure. Tangie is my sister, she’ll give it to you.

Beth hesitated. “Is Tangie short for???

“Tangerine. Yep. Call me, I’d love to talk to someone who’s in the same boat.

Beth waved at Plum. “Same boat? She asked Mick.

“You’re both “Not Freshies” It’s harder for her because she used to be a freshie. I am so sorry Beth. You might as well poured sugar on your skin."

“You’ll just have to give me the antidote.” Beth said mischievously

“Let’s go home.”

Beth shook her head. No way. I’ll be the talk of the freshie boards. Beth Turner can’t keep her vampire satisfied. Beth tilted her head offering her throat. Come and get it.”

Mick laughed. “If we get blood on his couch I’ll never hear the end of it.
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Re: Blood Suckers PG-13

Post by Catmoon »

Really clever idea! Heck, to me a hot vamp is preferable to a smelly chemical poison any day. Did you ever get any of that stuff in your mouth? Yuck! Definitely a vamp turn off. The mosquitos fighting over Beth like the last turkey leg. :snicker: Beth the talk of the freshie boards :giggle: I can just hear them now...
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks for stopping by Cat! Unfortunately this idea came because I seem to be mosquito dinner this week. :eyeroll:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Well, cassy, you just know the remedy to that.
I love how creative you are. :rolling:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Cassy

This was great!

Lighthearted fun and adorable...but itchy for Beth.

Mick, a vampire's gotta do what a vampire's gotta do. Sometimes you just have to man up...or shall we say, fang up? It's you or PABA.

Thank you!

Jenna

:flowers: :rolling: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Mosquitoes or Mick let me see who I rather bite me? No contest there LOL Cute story thanks for a summer pick me up.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

WAY sexier than OFF! :highfive:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

That is the cutest story! :laugh: I like your "food chain respect" theory. :thumbs: I'm glad Beth is helping Mick learn to accept what he is... and also that she's learning more about what it's like to be a vamp's girlfriend. :teeth: But the little tinge of sadness really made the story for me. It would be so hard for Beth to never be able to introduce Mick to her mom. :sigh:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

francis - Thanks. I wish I could get rid of it the same way as Beth :laugh:

jen - I wanted to have a little end of summer fun.

BEM, Lucy - I absolutely agree.

Alle - I had to find a reason for them to be separated for a week and Beth visiting her Mom seemed to make sense. I also had fun imaging Beth and Plum's first meeting. :winky:

Return to “cassysj's Office”