Her Kiss. Love Endures. Challenge #146 PG

A place for choccyterri's G to PG-13 stories
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Her Kiss. Love Endures. Challenge #146 PG

Post by choccyterri »

:hearts: And here's a third drabble in response to the Love Endures Challenge. Of course, Josef would have something to say... :rose:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Her kiss, her touch.

I can think of them now without the aching.

That smile. The one that lit up a room without her even trying.

All gone now.

I can watch her sleep, feel her breath.

But I can never hear her voice.

She would have given all the world for me, and I would have taken it willingly.

That one choice. That one mistake. All too soon she was gone.

I wait now.

In everything I own. Everything I have, there is one certainty.

I would give it all.

To hear her say that she loves me again.

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Her Kiss. Love Endures. Challenge #146 PG

Post by allegrita »

This feels like a poem rather than a story. Josef claims not to do regrets, but you can feel the yearning here, the wish that he could undo what was done. But at the same time, you also tell that he's moved on, despite the fact that Sarah lies there unchanging. He has his memories and his regrets, but he can think about her now without the ache. Or at least he tells himself he can. :Mickangel:

This one brings a lump to my throat. :rose:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

This is the part of Josef that he keeps hidden from the rest of the world. But I don't think it was a mistake... it was an accident. She wanted to be turned - asked to be turned - and Josef did it. For her and to have her with him in his world. It just didn't work right. But he shouldn't have felt it was a mistake to try.

I got that same lump in my throat that Alle got.

Thanks for these wonderful drabbles! :flowers:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

:bmoon: This drabble is absolutely perfect. :Mickangel:

:rose: Very nicely done, Terri! :rose: I really like how you took three completely different approaches with this theme. :notworthy:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Aww, ladies, thank you so much for reading them, and I'm happy that you enjoyed them. :)

Alle... awww, the little sad angel smilie...? :hug: This felt like a poem as I wrote it.... kind of a Josef monologue... and when I stopped and read it, it made my heart ache for him. :heart: Thank you for cajoling me into trying babes. :winky:

MLC... I completely agree with you babes. When he said mistake...? In my mind Josef meant a part of the turning process... not that it was a mistake for them to try. :heart: I honestly think that the love that the two of them seemed to share meant that Sarah's turning was inevitable. There was only one option for them... and that was to be together always... naww, and I love talk of lumps. Thank you so much. :happysigh:

Marigold... Again, thank you lovely. These are the first drabbles that I've written, and they really did make me think about what 'Love Endures' meant to the characters, and then to try and make it succinct. A challenge in itself.

Thank you again, lovelies. I won't be so scared of the 'drabble' challenges now... :kiss: :hug:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This is lovely. :rose:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

So lovely I wanted to give it a bump

Return to “choccyterri's Office”