Things That Go Bump Ch 7 Champagne Challenge #142

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Things That Go Bump Ch 7 Champagne Challenge #142

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended

Very little surprised Josef in four hundred years but tonight he had seen things he never thought possible.

“All right. I’m willing to listen to Mrs. Whitley.” Josef said

George took a deep breath before he spoke.

She wants you to listen without interruption. Her first words are for Mr. Fitzgerald.

“Charles, you are not to blame for what happened to Sarah. She waited too long. When a human is turned….they die. In the moment between two worlds you must decide whether to step forward into the afterlife or step back to the Earthly world. Sarah was curious to see what lay beyond. Once she realized it was heaven she tried to get back to you but waited too long. She couldn’t find her way back to her body.”

Josef couldn’t help himself, his eyes turned silver and he grabbed George by the throat. “I see so this bitch is trying to tell me heaven exists but God locked the door on Sarah.

Mick leaped up to try to pull Josef away what got Beth’s attention was a small silver hairbrush that seemed to materialize out of the wall. It rushed through the air at its vampire target and it slapped Josef on the cheek. He immediately let go of the medium and moved away from the weapon, The brush floated in mid-air and while George caught his breath they all heard a woman’s voice say.

“That is not how you speak about a lady Charles Fitzgerald. It doesn’t matter if they are living or dead.”

Josef froze because the voice was that of Anne Whitley. It was not an old woman’s voice. It was how she sounded in 1955. She was a young woman by today’s standards barely forty years old. It was not an audio trick. It was Anne Whitley

Josef bit his lip. “My apologies, Mrs. Whitley. It doesn’t seem possible that Sarah’s mother would tell me she was banished from heaven.

George sat up and had recovered enough to speak. “That’s not what she said to you. You don’t listen any better than her husband. She said Sarah couldn’t get back to her body not that she couldn’t get into heaven. She has more to say if you can listen like a man and not a maniac.

“I want to hear her speak again.” Josef said.

“That takes too much effort.” George said. “She doesn’t belong on this plane and she will return to heaven when she feels drained. Now do you want me to translate, if not I’m happy to get the hell out of here and leave you to your problems.

Josef sat down and folded his hands and calmly said. “Please continue.”

“Sarah is not banished from heaven. She can cross over at any time but she doesn’t want to leave you. She believes you’ll find a way to wake her up like Sleeping Beauty. She chose to stay in the waiting room. She’s not trapped in that body so stop with the guilt.

“It is my fault. You said most people are so afraid of death they transition. Sarah wasn’t afraid because of me. She was fearless because I was a vampire.

George shook his head. “Mrs. Whitley is laughing. Sarah was fearless long before she ever met you Charles. Sarah is brave and stubborn, bold and defiant. Nothing has changed except her ability to communicate.

“Can I speak to Sarah?” Josef asked.

“No. She hasn’t crossed over. Charles, you need to let go of certain things.

“You mean Sarah.’

“That is for you to decide. You need to let go of your hatred for my husband.”

“He tried to kill me.”

“He was unsuccessful.”

“He almost killed Sarah.” Josef snapped. “That hit man….

“If he had she would have crossed over to heaven and he would have been in a hell of his own making. You chose to end his life prematurely.”

“He was on death’s door.”

“Yes, but because you murdered him his last thoughts were fixated on you. That is why he is causing so much havoc in your life. He is feeding off your hatred of him. If you forgive him, you will weaken him,”

“You want me to forgive someone who wants me dead, is terrorizing my humans and disrupting my life. How do you suggest I do that? He certainly can’t make amends to me.

“Accept him for what he was, a ruthless business man who thought he owned his family like an apartment building. You didn’t see him after Sarah left. He was defeated. He tried to find her for years but of course that was impossible. I should have burned her diary but I thought it would give him some comfort to think she would always be young and beautiful. I had no idea he would blame you for something Sarah so obviously wanted. Think about when he found you “Mr. Kostan” Do you have a beautiful redheaded wife by your side? No. He thought you turned his daughter into a monster and then abandoned her. She died for you and you left her like a five dollar whore.

“That’s not true.” Josef yelled.

“No it’s not but how would he know that? The only way to get him out of your life is to forgive him. Now I have a few words to say to John.

“Wait!” Josef said. “Is there or will there be any way to wake Sarah up?”

“On the last day when God calls everyone home Sarah will wake up.”

“Before then?”

“I don’t know the future Charles, just the past and the present. Now I must speak to my husband before I have to leave.
jen
Cleaner

Re: Things That Go Bump Ch 7 Champagne Challenge #142

Post by jen »

This is great.

I can certainly see that Sarah is her mother's daughter.

She handled Josef well and didn't mince words. That could have been an interesting in law relationship. This may not be the direction this story is headed in, but I really hope Josef learns a way to wake his Sarah. She would have quite an adjustment ahead of her, but the lack of familiarity of the world now to what she remembered may make the transition easier.

At least, I think Josef has changed his mind about Mediums.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

What a great chapter! :flowers: I love your theory of what happened to Sarah. I am also hoping that Josef will find a way to wake her. :wings:

Now, what does Anne want to say to her husband?

:thanks:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I LOVE Ann, and I can definitely tell that Sarah is her child. She knows just how to handle Josef, and I hope he hears what she has to say, because she's right. I hope very much that Josef is able to let go of his own animosity... because that's the only way he will free himself and those he cares about from John Whitley's influence. :chin:

I'm looking forward very much to what Ann says to John. And after this, I think Josef will owe George a really, really big tip! :gasp:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

I can tell this challenge really loosed all sorts of creativity with in your heart....what a series you have here!!!
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I love that the brush came out of nowhere. :snicker:
So Sarah is still in the waiting room.

Return to “Things That Go Bump”