Things That Go Bump Ch 5 Champagne Challenge #142

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Things That Go Bump Ch 5 Champagne Challenge #142

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters, no copyright infringement is intended.

Mick drove Josef and Beth to the mansion.

“Is there a particular room he starts in? Mick asked.

“Aquamarine’s room has the most activity but the freshies have told me they’ve heard noises in the closet.

“Closet?” Beth wondered.

“I have freshie fashions in the attic. I pulled the Roaring Twenties and the Fabulous Fifties out of storage. When the girls dressed as flappers that was when Aquamarine started hearing noises. When I had the Fifties Sock Hop, Summer and Natasha felt like someone was watching them and felt cold spots.

“Have any of the other girls experienced anything besides Tangie getting hurt?” Mick asked.

“Not that they’ve mentioned.”

They walked up to the front door. Mick said.

“Josef, stay outside for ten minutes. I want to go in with Beth first and see if anything happens. Where is Aqua’s room?

“First door on the left of the second floor.”

Mick and Beth climbed the stairs.

“Beth, I really don’t think this is a good idea.”

“You’ll protect me.”

“I can’t see him or hear him. Let’s leave this to the professionals.”

“John Whitley met us. If it is really him there should be some kind of reaction.”

Mick reluctantly opened the door to Aqua’s room. They stepped inside and walked around the room.

Beth shrugged and shook her head to indicate she didn’t feel anything strange. Mick sent Josef a text telling him to come inside.

As soon as the door opened downstairs the door slammed closed in Aqua’s room. Beth tried to open it but said. “It’s stuck.”

Mick vamped out and Josef bolted up the stairs. Every time Beth grabbed the door knob it felt ice cold and she couldn’t move it. Mick ordered her away so he could tear the door off the hinges. Mick was pushing and Josef was pulling from the other side, but there was a force preventing it from breaking. Just as Mick felt some movement the window shattered. Beth ran over to it and gasped.

“Mick, there’s a ladder right outside.”

“Get out.” He yelled.

Beth started climbing down the ladder and Mick followed her. As soon as Mick was on the ladder the window slammed shut and Josef was able to pull the door off.

Mick leaped to the ground and when Beth got down he grabbed her in his arms.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. I don’t think he wanted to hurt me.”

“He locked us in a room and started breaking glass. Mick snapped. “That’s not a warm handshake.

“Mick, he wasn’t trying to keep us in, he was trying to keep Josef out.”

Josef jumped down from the broken window.

“Beth, I am so sorry. Are you hurt?”

“No. Nothing happened until you came into the house. He didn’t want to hurt me. He wanted to help me escape, unless you put a ladder under the window.”

Josef seemed to notice the ladder for the first time. “Why would he help you escape, but terrorize Aqua and hurt Tangie?”

Beth shrugged. “I don’t know but I think we need to see the medium, right away.”
jen
Cleaner

Re: Things That Go Bump Ch 5 Champagne Challenge #142

Post by jen »

John Whitley certainly seems to know how to hold a grudge. No pun intended, but he needs to learn how to let things go and move on.

That he apparently wants to talk to Mick and Beth is...interesting. Surprising, but interesting.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

cassysj wrote:“I don’t know but I think we need to see the medium, right away.”
:yes: I think that would be a good idea. :snicker: Hopefully George will have as much luck communicating with Whitley as he did with all of the people that Mick used to know. :ghosty:

:flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

jen - John Whitley does hold a grudge but only time will tell what he actually knows about since he's passed.

Marigold - They definitely need to see George ASAP
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yikes!! If I were Beth, I'd be scared to death! But she really kept her wits about her, and figured out that Whitley wanted her to get out of there safely.

I can't wait for the next chapter. I hope George can help them communicate with Whitley and figure out what's going on! I have a theory, but I'm not going to say what it is... I don't want to spoil anybody else's fun. (But I hope I'm right!)
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Goodness, I missed this chapter when it posted! :blushing: Very interesting that Whitley didn't want to hurt Beth (and I guess Mick by extension) but he still has it in for Josef.

I'm glad I get to go read the next chapter right now! :reading:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

John Whitley is a confused soul. Great storyline! :cheer:

Return to “Things That Go Bump”