5th Anniv. Challenge PG13- Deeds Not Years

A place for Lucy's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Re: 5th Anniv. Challenge PG13- Deeds Not Years

Post by jen »

Lucy

Lovely, just lovely!!

and a pleasure to enjoy again, now after reading it for the first time just over two months ago.

Mick and Beth are clearly in each other's blood, under each other's skin, yadda yadda yadda.
I'm just glad that they both recognize that they've been apart for too long and nothing good comes from it for them. They are committed.

and thank you, Blueeyedmonster for bumping this up!!!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
toria1521
Freelance freshie

Post by toria1521 »

:heart: Lovely. Just Lovely. :heart:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Thanks, Jen & Toria.... so glad to commemorate the anniversary of their love-
:notworthy:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

I read this story quite a while ago, and while I composed a comment in my head, apparently I never wrote it down. I just went to re read the story so it is definitely time for that comment to be written.

I love the way fate itself begins the story, with the closet fire, the rebuilding, and Mick's discovery of Beth's old lavender blouse. So much lovely nostalgia ..... And I'm ever so glad that Mick did not lose his footlocker or his guitar. Finding Beth's blouse seemed to be the event that set everything into motion.

(I also, of course, absolutely adored all of Josef's comments about the options for the closet rebuilding. Shoe wall! Suit rotation! So perfectly Josef.)

And fate it was that brought Mick and Beth together again after all those years. It was a sad reason that they parted, but such a realistic possibility. I love how they come back together here, slowly and with caution, yet still with so much obvious passion between them. You really get the idea that this time, they might just make it work. There is certainly no question that they still love each other.

A really wonderful and beautiful story.
BlueEyedMonster
Fledgling

Post by BlueEyedMonster »

Back for a reread definitely one of my favorite stories. :flowers:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Shadow wrote:I read this story quite a while ago, and while I composed a comment in my head, apparently I never wrote it down. I just went to re read the story so it is definitely time for that comment to be written.

I love the way fate itself begins the story, with the closet fire, the rebuilding, and Mick's discovery of Beth's old lavender blouse. So much lovely nostalgia ..... And I'm ever so glad that Mick did not lose his footlocker or his guitar. Finding Beth's blouse seemed to be the event that set everything into motion.

(I also, of course, absolutely adored all of Josef's comments about the options for the closet rebuilding. Shoe wall! Suit rotation! So perfectly Josef.)

And fate it was that brought Mick and Beth together again after all those years. It was a sad reason that they parted, but such a realistic possibility. I love how they come back together here, slowly and with caution, yet still with so much obvious passion between them. You really get the idea that this time, they might just make it work. There is certainly no question that they still love each other.

A really wonderful and beautiful story.

I've been traveling quite a bit before 'school' starts and I returned to find your kind words. It is hard to express my gratitude for the wealth of kindness you bring me with your comments.

ML is simply so dear that I can't let go of Mick.....and where would he be without Josef's snark...??? :snicker: So happy you enjoyed this. :notworthy:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

BlueEyedMonster wrote:Back for a reread definitely one of my favorite stories. :flowers:
:woohoo: WOW, THANKS! :highfive:

Return to “Lucy's Office”