Chiller Theater Autograph Appearance

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Chiller Theater Autograph Appearance

Post by cassysj »

allegrita wrote:I'm so thrilled for you, Carol. :hug: If you get a chance to speak with her, please give her all of our love and tell her that we're all following her career with interest, while keeping the Moonlight love alive. :hearts:
My tickets to the convention arrived this week. :cheering: I'm so excited. Chiller is at a different hotel this year so I don't know if it wil have the same layout. Chiller usually puts the headliners in one room and other actors grouped together in smaller rooms. Most of the actors don't find Chiller threatening in that it usually isn't just sign until your hand falls off (with the exception of some headliners) Most do get the opportunity to talk to the fans. I'm not great at that....I'm more a thank you for coming I enjoy your work kind of girl. It probably comes from years at work related conventions where I wasn't really "allowed' to talk to celebrities

Side story - (One year at work convention I wanted to get my picture taken with the cast of top sitcom on my lunch break. My boss said it was okay. We were in business with one of that network's subsidiaries and one of the top executives recognized me. It was a loud embarrassing experience.

ETA I was permitted to have the picture taken which truthfully they didn't have to let me do but I felt awkward.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ohhhhhh, that must've been awful. :blushing: No wonder you feel awkward talking to them!
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

She is definitely going!!!!

Cassy - You're going to have to represent! Please give her our best!
Sophia Myles ‏@SophiaMyles
I am attending Chiller Theater in Newark New Jersey later this month. My first horror convention. Exciting... ( Oct 14) ‏

@SophiaMyles
New Jersey on Thursday....
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

can you take a camera? I think my sister is going.....but I am working.... :banghead: :madface: (if she can tote a camera she will take as many photos as possible)
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Lucy wrote:can you take a camera? I think my sister is going.....but I am working.... :banghead: :madface: (if she can tote a camera she will take as many photos as possible)
Cameras are definitely allowed. Some actors do charge to have their picture taken it is usually included with the autograph price but not always. At this con we don't know how much an actor charges in advance but it ranges from $20-$60
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

cassysj wrote:
Lucy wrote:can you take a camera? I think my sister is going.....but I am working.... :banghead: :madface: (if she can tote a camera she will take as many photos as possible)
Cameras are definitely allowed. Some actors do charge to have their picture taken it is usually included with the autograph price but not always. At this con we don't know how much an actor charges in advance but it ranges from $20-$60

Super, Thanks!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This is a weird question. Does anyone know the correct pronunciation of Sophia's first name? I always knew it to be said (SO FEE A) but I recently saw a British film where it was pronounced SO FI A with it a long I sound
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I've always heard it as So-fy-ah. I think (I'm sure others can correct me if I'm wrong) that it's a British pronunciation.
Skylar
Freelance freshie

Post by Skylar »

Thanks for the info Carol and I hope you get to meet her! I'm watching her on MI-5 otherwise known as Spooks right now and despite her great acting she's still Beth to me.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Skylar wrote:Thanks for the info Carol and I hope you get to meet her! I'm watching her on MI-5 otherwise known as Spooks right now and despite her great acting she's still Beth to me.

I liked her in MI-5 but you're right she's still Beth in my heart and her character's name didn't help in that one. :snicker:

One role that didn't feel anything like Beth was her character in Mister Foe.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

librarian_7 wrote:I've always heard it as So-fy-ah. I think (I'm sure others can correct me if I'm wrong) that it's a British pronunciation.
This is the way I've heard it said too. Certainly, it's the way that Alex pronounced it.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

r1015bill wrote:
librarian_7 wrote:I've always heard it as So-fy-ah. I think (I'm sure others can correct me if I'm wrong) that it's a British pronunciation.
This is the way I've heard it said too. Certainly, it's the way that Alex pronounced it.
Well, there you go.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I've heard her say it somewhere... it's definitely the long I sound. So-FY-ah.
Skylar
Freelance freshie

Post by Skylar »

I heard her in an interview and she corrected the interviewer and pronouced it like Alex does.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks everyone, that's not the normal pronunciation to my ear or lips so I didn't want to be wrong. I'll be leaving this afternoon and home some time tomorrow.

Return to “General Discussion”