Shannyn in "Mistresses" - ABC

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Shannyn in "Mistresses" - ABC

Post by Lilly »

It's almost a year away, but Shannyn has been cast in a multiple-episode arc for ABC's summer (2013) series Mistresses. :blinksmile:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ano-346644

It's going to be great to see her on TV again. The series will debut next May. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Shannyn in "Mistresses" - ABC

Post by allegrita »

Oh, cool! I'm glad to see her with a new project (and one that I might actually see.) :laugh:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Shannyn is a bit of a mystery regarding the roles she takes, isn't she? I'm looking forward to seeing her! :cheering:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Promo from ABC that was retweeted by Shannyn
Mistresses ‏@Mistresses_ABC 2h

Four friends. Four hearts. 13 weeks of seduction. Are you ready? #Mistresses
She's a recurring character

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/mistresses ... l/the-cast
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Her character's name is Alex. :rolling:
I have seen the commercials and even with her in it I believe I might have a floor to scrub.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I didn't recognize her from the commercials for it. Another actress in the show is from "Lost." TV Guide feels she is wasted in the role.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Moonlightsonata wrote:I didn't recognize her from the commercials for it. Another actress in the show is from "Lost." TV Guide feels she is wasted in the role.
That's a great compliment....

The commercials looked like so many of their 12 episode plugins..... :quill: Remember when ML was replaced with a show ...was it SWINGERS?
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Yeah, I'be tried to forget that little fiasco, along with 'The Ex-List'. I haven't seen any commercials for this yet, but I'll catch an ep on demand, one in which Shannyn is in.

I'm just glad she's got work...maybe this will lead to something better.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

darkstarrising wrote:Yeah, I'be tried to forget that little fiasco, along with 'The Ex-List'. I haven't seen any commercials for this yet, but I'll catch an ep on demand, one in which Shannyn is in.

I'm just glad she's got work...maybe this will lead to something better.
I always hope so... She appears to be a devoted Mom so she picks and chooses her roles around her son's life.
Spoiler:
I am not a prude. I love films/tv shows who use the human body as a tool to tell the story.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I watched the first episode. I expected a lot worse but I don't mind sexy soap opera stuff. If I didn't know it was Shannyn I wouldn't have recognized her. I'll catch up on the other two episodes later this week. She had very little to do in the first episode it was set up of the main four.
Kee
Fledgling

Post by Kee »

Lucy wrote: I have seen the commercials and even with her in it I believe I might have a floor to scrub.
What the hell's that mean? :shrug:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

....it means that she'd rather scrub floors than watch this dreck.

Our cable was out this weekend, so we only had network channels. I watched the first 15 minutes of Mistresses and, IMHO, it was awful. Just horrible. The gal from LOST, who was so good on that show and I thought she was a decent actress, was just......not good. At all. The acting was some of the worst I've seen. I saw Shannyn as she walked up to a house with her partner. I don't know if she had a speaking role later. I will definitely not be tuning in again.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Shannyn does have a strange sense about what projects to be involved in, doesn't she? Look at her imdb entry - lots of stuff there but how much have you seen or even heard of?
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

r1015bill wrote:Shannyn does have a strange sense about what projects to be involved in, doesn't she? Look at her imdb entry - lots of stuff there but how much have you seen or even heard of?

She does seem to do a lot of independent stuff with an unusual mix of horror and episodic television. I tried to watch How to Make it in America and I couldn't stay with it.

I don't mind Mistresses because it's not trying to be anything more than it is. I watched soaps for almost 30 years and good actors often had to give ridiculous dialogue and stories and bad actors often got too much air time...etc. I've seen two episodes of Mistresses and it's trying to be a network TV Sex and the City Ripoff. It doesn't have staying power and I'm not sure it's trying to be anything more than a summer series.

It's certainly not high end great drama but unlike a lot of things Shannyn has been in I can at least finish it. :shrug:

Fleur de Lisa wrote: Just horrible. The gal from LOST, who was so good on that show and I thought she was a decent actress, was just......not good. At all. The acting was some of the worst I've seen.

I will agree some of the scenes were cringe worthy but I also chalk it up to the fact that was the pilot episode and pilots are hard for everyone. The actors are just getting acquainted with their characters and a pilot needs so much setup. The Who, What, Where, When Why...
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Carol--if you continue to watch it, I'd be curious to see if you think it improves. Keep us posted, ok? :flowers:

Return to “Past Projects”