Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

mitzie
Courtesan

Re: David Blue answers fan questions (mine included)

Post by mitzie »

Thank you for sharing this!! I think it is wicked cool that he answered your question. I thought he had some interesting answers to the questions asked of him.

:thanks: :yahoo: :yahoo: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hug: :flowers:

mitzie :mooncat:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

Post by Lilly »

The entire SGU pilot - Air, Parts 1 and 2 - is now available in HD for FREE on iTunes! :woohoo:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: David Blue answers fan questions (mine included)

Post by Lilly »

r1015bill wrote:David answered a BUNCH of fan questions - mostly about Sci Fi stuff but there are a few ML questions mixed in...
r1015bill - Congratulations on getting a great answer from David! The link for this interview has already been posted in the SGU discussion thread, so I'm going to merge this thread into that one. That way we'll have all of the links, interviews and discussion in one place. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I really enjoyed the first two episodes. The characters were established without loads of exposition and they seem like an intriguing bunch - especially Robert Carlyle's delightfully ambiguous Rush - and I'll certainly be back next week.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

I disliked the pilot ep. Loved Robert Carlyle and David Blue- their characters were the only two that were remotely interesting; they really nailed the characters and are the one huge bright spot (as well as the cameos by the usual suspects). It also looks like the cast is large which suggests more of a "Heroes" or Lost " template which I find stultifying and aggravating.

I loathe the shaky camera work. I loathe the greyed down tones and the grim looking interior of the ship. Everything is coloured dull on dull including most of the characters.

What I love about SG1 And SGA is the camaraderie, the adventure and the eye candy. Fun series. This is just another ambiguity ridden, leaden spirited, really lost in space non SG-type show. I find it hard to believe that the creators were partly inspired by the Firefly template.

I know grim and dark and the non-commital is considered "edgy" these days. I loved the SGs because they were fun, full of light and exploration where there were clear cut good guys and bad guys. RL is grey enough so it's not that interesting to me in a tv show. Meanwhile nauseating camera work and enigmatic expressions do not denote complexity. Aaaargh, can you tell I was disappointed? Can't wait to get second season SGA from the library. I won't be watching again but maybe I'll catch it in reruns when there's nothing else on.
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Soooo I had no idea Robert Carlyle was in this show (I swear I must live under a rock :roll: ) but I caught a trailer for it as it starts in the UK this week so I shall be tuning in to see what it's like. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

David will be doing his first fan convention!! Lucky UKers!! If you go, give him some ML love too!! :heart: :heart:

http://massiveevents.co.uk/chevron73/
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Eli's new blog is -- HERE.

I think these little observations are going to be fun -- witty with just a touch of the profound. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

An additional note from David (via Twitter) about Eli's blog: "Btw guys: Eli blog pics are & always will be pics taken from Eli's iPhone. : ) "
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hey, this sounds like a game of "Six Degrees of Mick St. John"! :snicker:
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Hope Eli remembered to pack his iphone recharger! :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
banner by Cprav
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Eli has a new blog out today: Don't tell the military :snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=3544

Exclusive Interview: DAVID BLUE STEPS THROUGH THE 'STARGATE UNIVERSE' PORTAL

The actor talks about the SyFy Channel series that he's on now, MOONLIGHT and UGLY BETTY (which he used to be on)

By T.K. DEHN, Contributing Writer
Published 10/19/2009

Exerpt:

iF: Do you have fans from MOONLIGHT, where you played Logan, the techie vampire?

BLUE: Oh, yeah. Absolutely. And even better, I have good fans from MOONLIGHT, who are saying that they’re going to watch this show. [Erstwhile MOONLIGHT lead] Alex O’Loughlin is a friend of mine, and any time I can read a script, I’m like, "We’ve got to find a role for Alex on this show." I know he’s busy with his new show, THREE RIVERS, but [MOONLIGHT was] great. If [MOONLIGHT executive producer] Joel Silver and the rest of them get together and decide to do a movie, would I love to be Logan again? Abso-freaking-lutely.

iF: Did they let you keep the vamp teeth?

BLUE: No, I never had to vamp out. In the original series finale, which was the season finale, I believe it was written that Logan vamps out and jumps and does some vampire-type stuff, and all the producers sat around and went, "Nah, he’s too lazy." So I just run. That’s why I wanted to do that role, was to have the fangs. It never happened. I would love to revisit that so I can do that. And the contacts are really cool, too. I’d like to do that.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Too cool! I'd love to see Logan vamped. :happysigh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

David is so awesome and I am enjoying watching him on SGU.

Vamped out Logan?! I would have loved to have seen that!! We didn't get to see him, The Cleaners or Guillermo vamp out. Booo!! :sadface:

Alex on SGU would be fantastic, but I don't think he has time, unfortunately. :(
*Christy*

Return to “David”