Jason in Veronica Mars (Jason tweets tonight! 2/26)

moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Re: Jason in Veronica Mars

Post by moonlight_vixen »

This is AWESOME!!! I joined :twothumbs:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Just a little update:

#VeronicaMarsmovie was a trending topic for a short while last night in Los Angeles, Chicago, Canada and the United Kingdom.

The Facebook group I will go see Veronica Mars:: THE MOVIE has seen an increase of approximately 3000 members in the last day. Their numbers now total over 15,600. Unfortunately, I'm afraid they'd need 20 or 30 times that to get even a second look by the studio.

The media buzz may prove more helpful...

The story has been picked up by Zap2 It: Kristen Bell revives 'Veronica Mars' movie campaign: Is there hope?

and Perez Hilton: Veronica Mars Will Not Give Up On Her Movie Dreams

and there's an EW Popwatch article and poll here: Lunchtime Poll: Kristen Bell wants a Veronica Mars movie almost as much as Hollywood doesn't want to make one

Not sure how this will bode for a VM movie, but Kristen Bell certainly knows how to generate buzz. Especially with her newest film opening in 3 weeks. :chin:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

I love it!! You go KBell!!! :yahoo:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
THINK KOSTAN!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Well tonight I will see two actors from Veronica Mars at book signings. Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin (Lynn and Aaron Echolls) So I'm having a one degree from Jason night
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

Although I never watched VM the first time around I have watched the entire series on Netflix ,I think Jason did an excellent job creating the character of Logan,Iwas very disaspointed in the ending,I hear Kristen Bell is considering financing a movie of VM herself and I will certainly be in line to see it. :cheer:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

cassysj wrote:Well tonight I will see two actors from Veronica Mars at book signings. Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin (Lynn and Aaron Echolls) So I'm having a one degree from Jason night
That's very cool, Carol! :hearts:
tucutecats wrote:Although I never watched VM the first time around I have watched the entire series on Netflix ,I think Jason did an excellent job creating the character of Logan,Iwas very disaspointed in the ending,I hear Kristen Bell is considering financing a movie of VM herself and I will certainly be in line to see it. :cheer:
Kristen Bell certainly has been vocal about wanting to get the movie made. Unfortunately, Warner Brothers still owns the rights to Veronica Mars, so neither she nor any other interested party can make a VM movie, regardless of available financing. :sigh: There's been a big push on Twitter lately, in the form of Tweet-a-thons, to get WB to either commit to a movie or give up the rights to someone who will. There's also a Facebook group of fans expressing their commitment to a Veronica Mars movie: I will go see Veronica Mars:: THE MOVIE .

For now, however, any further project is very much in limbo.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, I've been watching Season 2 (again) and aside from the really visceral negative reaction I have whenever Logan gets the cr@p kicked out of him--this happens about once an ep--I am so loving the sharp, snarky dialogue Jason had in this.

For example,
Spoiler:
Logan introducing his strange older sister Trina to his slutty older lover, Kendall:

"Rode Hard, meet Put Away Wet."
:rolling:

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

OMG! :gasp: :rolling:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Logan had such a way with words. :happysigh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

You gotta love Logan's way with words!! :snicker:
Banner And Avatar By Me
Proud Josef Exclusive+
THINK KOSTAN!
JKsGirl
Fledgling

Post by JKsGirl »

Love Logan's snarks!! Always delivered beautifully

Found these on Youtube, shows some of Logan's deeper moments, including picking out a belt for his dad to hit him with...it's just heartbeaking to watch, especially when you see the door closing and Logan lifting up his shirt...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uAs0Op7 ... ature=fvwp

(please note this has had it's sound removed...but it's sooo worth watching)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yji-B6QXhjU
Last edited by JKsGirl on Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Without the dark we would never see the stars.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

wow! that's heartbreaking...no wonder Logan's attitude is what it is.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

That particular scene had me absolutely ballistic. It was where I totally "got" where Logan was coming from. He's such a damaged kid, and everything he does is completely consistent with his background and the horrible parenting he received.

I have to say though, another scene I really loved, was one where an annoying young woman comments to him "You use sarcasm and insults to keep anyone from getting close to you." He replies, "Yeah, but it doesn't always work..." She invites him to tell her honestly what he thinks of her, and he's about to REALLY launch into her, when Veronica averts disaster by dragging him away. It's a split second when he's ready to go on the verbal attack, and he does it so wonderfully.

Lucky
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

So...buzzing through Season 1, and I finally got to an ep I inadvertantly skipped before. "Russkie Business."

Man, there were some tough scenes in that. Jason did his usual masterful job, so believable.
Spoiler:
The scene where Logan finally accepts that his mother is dead, and breaks down in tears while Veronica holds him....
I would really love to ask him sometime how he researched the character of Logan Echolls, because he inhabits that character so thoroughly, it's hard to tell he's acting.

Lucky
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I always felt that was one of the most powerful Logan episodes. I recently watched it a couple of weeks ago.

Return to “Past Projects”