Trevor Munson - Angel of Vengeance - news, etc.

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Trevor Munson - Angel of Vengeance - news, etc.

Post by allegrita »

Hmm, the pic has already been taken down! I guess Trevor doesn't want to keep it up since it's not perfect...?
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, that's weird. 'Cause I looked at it just a second ago.

Lucky
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I just clicked on the link....I can still see the back cover.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Hmmm, I can see it, Alle.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Creeeeepy... it's back for me, too! I don't know... maybe it was just a glitch! :shrug:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Trevor has created a "Mick Angel" Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001804101081

He tweeted about it a little over an hour ago and posted the link on Twitter, so we know it's really him. :twothumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh, cool! Good idea. :thumbs: That social networking stuff might just take off someday. :rolling: :rolling:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Ya think? :chin:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Emerald
Sire

So Mick was a Junkie...

Post by Emerald »

Trevor's just released the Prologue and First Chapter of his book, Avenging Angel.

The 'Mick' character (Mick Angel, not Mick St John - the name is slightly different) in the book, was a heroin addict when he was human. His choosing to inject blood was a carry over from that; he found the ritual of the needle, and shooting up, comforting.

Looks like our 'Saint' wasn't so saintly after all ;)

Granted the book is set in a completely different timeline to the show, and it was the inspiration for the series, not a directly 'based on' situation. Even so, from what Trevor's said, the character of Mick is a lot darker in the book, but it still is essentially the same character who became 'Mick St John'.

Interesting. :chin:
"Vampires are outside the realms of human constructed notions of sexuality"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: So Mick was a Junkie...

Post by redwinter101 »

Yep - read these on Trevor's MySpace a long time ago. Mick Angel is not Mick St. John, that's for sure.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Emerald
Sire

Re: So Mick was a Junkie...

Post by Emerald »

redwinter101 wrote:Yep - read these on Trevor's MySpace a long time ago. Mick Angel is not Mick St. John, that's for sure.

Red
I was never on Trevor's MySpace, don't know why but I didn't feel comfortable friending him, it just seemed to personal at the time.

I would've liked it if they'd explored a bit more of a darker side of Mick's character on the show. Keeping Mick St John as a former heroin addict would have made an interesting juxtaposition against the character he eventually became.

PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

American network television was not going to allow a main character of a scripted show to be a former drug addict who maintained the high after he was turned by injecting blood. There's a reason we didn't see Mick shoot up blood after the first episode.

No one ever claimed Mick was a saint - he had a dark side and did things he tried to atone for. Mick in the original pilot was darker than the Mick we eventually saw, but not nearly as dark as Mick Angel (I also read the beginning chapters on Trevor's MySpace page).

Red's right - Mick Angel is no Mick St. John. Not even close.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
Emerald
Sire

Post by Emerald »

PNWgal wrote:American network television was not going to allow a main character of a scripted show to be a former drug addict who maintained the high after he was turned by injecting blood. There's a reason we didn't see Mick shoot up blood after the first episode.

No one ever claimed Mick was a saint - he had a dark side and did things he tried to atone for. Mick in the original pilot was darker than the Mick we eventually saw, but not nearly as dark as Mick Angel (I also read the beginning chapters on Trevor's MySpace page).

Red's right - Mick Angel is no Mick St. John. Not even close.
True, maybe it would have worked on a cable channel (I don't know how all that works in the states to be honest, what's acceptable on what network format and what isn't), but you're right, it was never going to be shown on CBS.

The 'Saint' comment was meant tongue in cheek as well. :laugh:

I did wonder though how much of a correlation people saw between Trevor's 'Mick Angel' and the Mick we eventually saw on the show. Are they essentially the same character, with some adjustments made, or do most people see them as two completely separate entities?

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I see them as two different entities entirely. They don't really seem to have the same motivations at all. From what I read on Trevor's blog, Mick Angel is definitely more willing to kill. Mick St. John has to be pushed to kill - even if they are predators.

And the fact that Trevor pictured Mickey Rourke as Mick Angel just makes them SO different in my mind.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Just a thought (and we all have different ideas on how the show would have progressed if there had been a second, third, fourth...season), I think we would have seen more of the darkness in subsequent seasons--bits that would have come close to validating Mick's pronouncement of himself as a 'monster' perhaps leading Beth drawing back temporarily from their relationship. Mick and Beth were, to me, like celestial bodies (no pun consciously intended), caught in each others orbits.

We have seen an entirely different morality from Josef, that is much less tied to human society than Mick.

The notion of vampires, who are generally (thought not exclusively) portrayed in a negative way, as using their abilities for good was new to me and I loved it! I mean, who of us didn't have a little bit of a crush on Mick?

Don't know how Mick Angel will be portrayed, but it won't be long now. I preordered the book nearly a year ago.

Jenna

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “Trevor Munson - Moonlight's Creator”