Alex in Men's Fitness August 2011

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Alex in Men's Fitness August 2011

Post by wpgrace »

jmc wrote:I really prefer Mick's look to how thin his face is now so when I got some firm figures, I thought I'd run them through a body mass index calculator and prove he's too thin. Except he isn't.
His BMI is 23.1 which is perfectly (of course) within the normal range. At 200, he technically was slightly overweight, probably from muscle mass, at 26.1. I used every version of the calculator I could find, specifically for males, even age rated, and it still came out that way. The only negative I could find was the National Institue of Heart and Lung Health that says normal body fat should be a wee bit higher than 7%.
:shrug: He is a god.

As for my numbers, :sigh: .
God bless you, Sweetie. :heart: You are honest. About your preferences and your research.

His very last set of pics do look a bit thin, by American standards anyway :whistle: , but he clearly is a healthy man... and there is a range for healthy; he's been there since we've known him, give or take 20 pounds here and there. :biggrin:

And you are right. He is a god. :cloud9:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Someone asked earlier if anyone had a copy.

Yes. It's on newsstands now. I bought a copy this evening. ($4.99, if you're wondering...)

I felt a little funny buying "Men's Fitness," but decided I would claim it was for my husband....and then this happened:

Sales girl (cute young thing with teeth as white as Jordan Belfi's, almost) scans my couple of random vampire books. Then she sees the magazine and: "Squeeeee! Oh, my ___ , that's Alex O'Loughlin! I LOVE him!"

Me: Yeah, one of the best vampires, EVER.

Her: You know I fell for him in August Rush. Such a tiny part, but he was just...and I was like "Who IS this guy?" and my friend said, "Oh, him...haven't you seen Moonlight?" and that was just awesome, and now there's Hawaii 5-O.

me: Uh, yeah. **nervous look at other customers stacking up behind me** The other guy in Moonlight was pretty awesome also--Jason Dohring.

her: **blank look** There was another guy?

me: **mentally rolling eyes** Oh, yeah.

her: I guess I get tunnel vision whenever he's on screen. I don't see anyone else.

me: That happens a lot.

her: are there pictures inside the magazine?

me: **flipping it open to article, ignoring people behind me** Oh, yeah--good ones!

her: Wow! I've gotta get a copy of that! And I hear he's really a great guy--and very good with his fans.

me: Yes, that's true. I know people who have met him, and they all say he's wonderful.

angry mob in background: **mutters menacingly**

me: Always nice to meet another fan! Bye!! **makes escape, clutching magazine.**

Now, I know there's been discussion, about whether someone who ran across Alex in a small part, and heaven knows he was barely on screen in August Rush, would notice him. I guess, now we know!

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What a fun conversation! I wonder if she's seen Oyster Farmer or Mary Bryant... or Feed... :devil:
mantika531
Kostan Industries intern

Post by mantika531 »

Well I have to jump in-have you ever seen anyone look so beautiful in a blue tee?
He is so amazing I am having heart palpitations-yikes! :thud:
I have been looking everywhere for that magazine and only see ol Vin .Im looking again today and if no joy I may have to bite someone! :dracula:
If you can't take the heat,don't tickle the dragon
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

mantika531 wrote:Well I have to jump in-have you ever seen anyone look so beautiful in a blue tee?
Well, to add to Lilly's gorgeous caps.........

Imagecaps by crystalchain
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

That blue tee + those jeans x that very fit body = :thud:

If we would have math problems like that when I was in high school, I would have aced algebra.
mantika531
Kostan Industries intern

Post by mantika531 »

That makes two of us of us-he is almost too good-looking to be legal! Good thing I'm an adult! :snicker: Thanks for the pics they made my day-now to find that magazine!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Still cannot find this d@mn issue... :slaphead:
I'm thinking of hiring a PI...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

mantika531
Kostan Industries intern

Post by mantika531 »

Good thing we r all good-natured! I was brow beating my store manager and he said usually they come in at the end of the month-sigh.Well patience is a virtue right? I guess I will have to wait!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I was at a big chain bookstore, with a good magazine section...and they had 5-6 copies, altho one had a damaged cover. The nerve of those people, testing Alex's cover!

Lucky
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Cause of cover damage? Over-stroking, I would imagine.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
mantika531
Kostan Industries intern

Post by mantika531 »

Well they wont have it here in NM till the end of the month-sigh,so I will just have to wait!
You enjoy yours for all of us who r stuck in back water areas :snicker:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I got mine at Barnes and Noble tonight. I almost picked up Men's Health which had Stephen Moyer from True Blood on the cover.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

librarian_7 wrote:Someone asked earlier if anyone had a copy.

Yes. It's on newsstands now. I bought a copy this evening. ($4.99, if you're wondering...)

I felt a little funny buying "Men's Fitness," but decided I would claim it was for my husband....and then this happened:

Sales girl (cute young thing with teeth as white as Jordan Belfi's, almost) scans my couple of random vampire books. Then she sees the magazine and: "Squeeeee! Oh, my ___ , that's Alex O'Loughlin! I LOVE him!"

Me: Yeah, one of the best vampires, EVER.

Her: You know I fell for him in August Rush. Such a tiny part, but he was just...and I was like "Who IS this guy?" and my friend said, "Oh, him...haven't you seen Moonlight?" and that was just awesome, and now there's Hawaii 5-O.

me: Uh, yeah. **nervous look at other customers stacking up behind me** The other guy in Moonlight was pretty awesome also--Jason Dohring.

her: **blank look** There was another guy?

me: **mentally rolling eyes** Oh, yeah.

her: I guess I get tunnel vision whenever he's on screen. I don't see anyone else.

me: That happens a lot.

her: are there pictures inside the magazine?

me: **flipping it open to article, ignoring people behind me** Oh, yeah--good ones!

her: Wow! I've gotta get a copy of that! And I hear he's really a great guy--and very good with his fans.

me: Yes, that's true. I know people who have met him, and they all say he's wonderful.

angry mob in background: **mutters menacingly**

me: Always nice to meet another fan! Bye!! **makes escape, clutching magazine.**

Now, I know there's been discussion, about whether someone who ran across Alex in a small part, and heaven knows he was barely on screen in August Rush, would notice him. I guess, now we know!

Lucky
This made my day, Lucky :hug: You are a true fangirl :heart:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

cassysj wrote:I got mine at Barnes and Noble tonight. I almost picked up Men's Health which had Stephen Moyer from True Blood on the cover.

My :grumble: Barnes and Noble doesn't have it yet...
Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Return to “Pictures of Alex”