The Back-Up Plan, part 10 - SPOILERS

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: The Back-Up Plan, part 10 - SPOILERS

Post by redwinter101 »

So, has your breathing returned to normal yet, HotMicks? I'm SO glad you enjoyed it, and, um, yeah on, well, everything. :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:

The deleted scenes haven't been posted (the juice box cap was an early production shot) so it would be lovely if you get the chance to give us the lowdown.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

:banghead: Mine is still in Edison, NJ
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

cassysj wrote::banghead: Mine is still in Edison, NJ
Have faith, Carol, mine showed up today after being held hostage in Edison for a day :mdrama:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

FWIW - BUP is #11 in sales at Barnes and Noble while ML is holding at #114....not bad, not bad at all.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wow!! :yahoo: That is really impressive, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing!
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Yes, Red, Alle, Grace and all... I DID enjoy it... could you tell? :yahoo: :hyper2: (need more smileys for proof? :laugh: )

And I even got my work done (took 'til 2 a.m., but hey, it was worth it :biggrin: ).

So, for Red, here are the deleted scenes... there were only 4:

1) Zoe picks a donor... she's with the dude from the pet shop and it explains a little more about the Redheaded donor (emphasis just for you, Red :snicker: ).
2) Zoe at the elevator after her insemination (VERY short scene). She can't stop looking at a baby a mom is holding, and the mom tells her she's creeping her out.
3) Stan stops by the pet shop to surprise Zoe, after the two "emo pet shop workers" :laugh: have just been discussing why emo dude is now regretting not giving Zoe his sperm (Zoe's not there). The emo chick says this when Stan walks in the front door of the pet shop with flowers: "I'd like to see him naked... oh yeah, he's all man... rugged..." Now, don't we all recognize these words from oh, maybe some threads here on this board? You know, if we're gonna write their dialogue for them, shouldn't we at least get a screen credit, a raise for the mods, or something? :rolling: Anyway, this scene is after Zoe gets the pillow and I'm guessing after the chicken-in-bed scene when she talks about her raging hormones and all. Stan asks emo pet shop workers whether they've noticed anything different about Zoe's "behavior" at the pet shop (he's wondering if it's just him she's being crazy around, I think). Then Zoe walks in carrying the pillow and says she's going in the back room to take a nap.
4) Stan tries to get Zoe back... This is the park bench scene I mentioned up-thread. I really think it was bad editing to cut this scene. Although this whole plot was fantastical and didn't hold together really well (it was, after all, just for fun and entertainment, not a how-to manual), the one thing that really bugged me was how fast they (the filmmakers) flew through Zoe and Stan's relationship. When they go from the first date to him basically moving in, I was like, REALLY? I mean, was that yesterday, three months ago or what? This deleted scene would have really helped to hold the plot together better, IMHO. So, this is the scene that opens with Stan and park-bench dad sipping from their juice boxes in unison (the timing of this just totally cracked me up... it reminded me of synchronized swimming :laugh: ). Park-bench dad asks Stan why he's sipping a juice box, "you need to be with your lady, man." Stan says it won't do any good, she's got it in her head that he's leaving. Then he says it shouldn't be this hard, to which the dad says of course it should be, this is everything. Then he says how nothing that happens to him in his day matters until he gets home and tells his wife... "You're always asking me about the kids. Forget the kids. This is about the woman... a woman sent from God above to save you from your lazy, pathetic self. Now get out of here before I call the cops and tell them there's a pervert on the playground." :rolling: So Alex gets a cute little "I get it" smile on his face and takes off. Next they show him buzzing Zoe's door and when the camera pans up to her window, she's laying on the couch with a sandwich on her chest :snicker: and as he keeps buzzing and yelling up to her to answer the phone, she sighs (clearly not going to answer the door), then camera pans back down to him and he's frustrated and starts walking away from the door. :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: I just think this scene would have really helped the pacing of the relationship.

Anyway, I'll grab a couple of screen caps and add them in ... give me a few minutes.

ETA: Hmmm... well, the way I normally do a screen capture won't work, apparently. I know I did this before with ML, but can't remember how. Sorry.
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Awww! Thanks for trying, HotMicks! Loved your wonderful review. Anybody else have luck capturing that wonderful video? :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Deb from LLOL has posted deleted scenes and the featurette here.
Thank you purpldy!

http://vimeo.com/14408625
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you for the rundown, HotMicks! This really sounds like it would have been a better movie for those scenes, especially the playground one. How come we didn't even get the names of the secondary characters? They certainly didn't give them enough to work with, and it showed.

I wonder why they made the movie so short when it could easily have been like 10 min longer without problems. Maybe they thought it became too much about the relationship, but it WAS about the relationship. The pregnancy jokes alone would have made it a dreadfully bland movie. It was Stan and Zoe who held it together.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks so much for the rundown, HotMicks, and the link, r1015bill. It's such a shame they cut out the playground scene (not fussed about the others, really).

As for your DVDs that are being held hostage in Edison, ladies, I think a rescue might be in order. Fire up the unmarked mod van... :ninja:

Red

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

My copy has been liberated from Edison, NJ and is in my hot little hands
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

cassysj wrote:My copy has been liberated from Edison, NJ and is in my hot little hands
:woohoo:

Hurray!!! Enjoy, honey. :hearts: :hearts:

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

FINALLY! My "pre-ordered" copy from Amazon arrived... :phew:
Btw, this being the LAST item I will pre-order from these people... I coulda had it from the store by now if I weren't so forgetful and lazy... :giggle:

After hauling the kids around to their various appointments and after our dinner party out... guess what I'm watching. :biggrin:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

FWIW - BUP DVD sales are holding pretty well at B&N coming in at #17. I'm going to have a 'girls night in' next week for a couple of friends that didn't get to see it in the theater.

On a side note, the ML DVD, however has moved up to #74 at B&N, possibly because the DVD is going for ~$19.95, half price. Hopefully, some of those introduced to ML on the CW are buying.

For those of you who have worn out your original set, now's the time to replace :giggle:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

And BUP is still #1 for rentals and purchase at ITunes... :teeth:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)

Return to “Past Projects”