Would you watch Hawaii 5-0 if you hadn't seen Moonlight?

Locked Alex threads are here.
one.zebra
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Would you watch Hawaii 5-0 if you hadn't seen Moonlight?

Post by one.zebra »

Pardon my jumping in at the end....yes, I watched the original Five-0. I would have watched this one even if I'd never heard of Alex...what a way to discover him eh? :hearts:
Banner and avatar by Twilightdew!

Travelling 33rpm in an iPod world
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

You're right, Alle. It's rare.

We are all different in this, TV shows I watch at all fall into four categories.

1. You watch a show and are mildy entertained by what you see. It keeps you from doing something you don't want to do anyway or it is taking up time before something you really want to do. Meh.

2. You are entertained. Something you see brings you back from time to time. You don't feel that the world is ending if you can't see it.

3. Must see TV. The show becomes a part of your life and you watch it each and every week. Even allow it to shape you world vew to some extent.

4. Obsession. You dissect each epsode, write or read fanfic, speculate on possible plot turns and news of cancellaton causes anguish. You hang out on websites discussing the show with other like minded fans.

Now many shows achive #4 status.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Actually, I'm looking forward to just enjoying it. Just having fun watching. And I've got to say that I'm MUCH more invested in its success since it is Alex's show than I would be otherwise. :hearts:
toria1521
Freelance freshie

Post by toria1521 »

:wave: Very simple answer: NO :coffee:

:dracula:

toria
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Good question. I did not even own a television until shortly before Moonlight started airing, and would not have got one, absent some rather strange extenuating circumstances. Even after the television came I would have been much more likely to have tuned in to see H50 than any :roll: vampire show. As it turns out, Moonlight wasn't really a vampire show and H50 isn't really H50. So much for advertising.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

nutmegger911 - not quite getting your meaning but thanks for commenting. I do like your banner.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

nutmegger911 wrote:Good question. I did not even own a television until shortly before Moonlight started airing, and would not have got one, absent some rather strange extenuating circumstances. Even after the television came I would have been much more likely to have tuned in to see H50 than any :roll: vampire show. As it turns out, Moonlight wasn't really a vampire show and H50 isn't really H50. So much for advertising.
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

So it worked out for you! Our snarky girl. :giggle:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Snarky? Moi? Why, Grace, surely you jest!
Moonlightsonata wrote:nutmegger911 - not quite getting your meaning but thanks for commenting. I do like your banner.
Sorry MLS, I do tend to have that effect on folks. The banner is by our most amazing HotMicks. It is quite generous of her to share her many talents.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Love, love, love the short, and sometimes snarky answers.

I have a tendancy to talk a subject to death and I so admire you guys who just get to the point!!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

No. I don't watch too many cop shows but I do have to say Scott Caan is amazing. I'm not in love with H50 and I can't say I'll tune in every week but it is a very well made show.

Moonlight was not the first show I ever fell "in love" with. I've been in various fandoms for over twenty years and have followed a lot of actors from one show to another. I don't always love their new shows but I give them a chance.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

There were other shows I really really liked - maybe even loved - (Twilight Zone, X Files, Sex and the City, Six Feet Under among others) although not as much as Moonlight. I never considered joining a Fandom until Moonlight came along.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

Hmmm... IF I had watched an episode, I might very well have gotten into it without Alex. But I do NOT love procedurals, and am finicky about which ones I will even give the time of day to. NCIS has me hooked, but I could give or take NCIS LA. I have found that H50 is a really strong series, though, and I LOVE the whole cast at this point. The writing is excellent and a lot of fun to watch. So yeah, I probably would have gotten hooked if I'd given it a chance.
Jen

Mick's Synful One
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by AussieJo »

I watched the original 5-0 from the late 70's til it finished. I was a Danno/James fan. I was in my late teens, early 20's.
Jack Lord's Steve McGarrett was a little hard to take at times, but I liked the rest of the cast so it got me through.
So curiosity would have driven me to watch the reboot, plus the fact that Steve McGarrett was being played by an Australian.
Also, I'd imagine I would have access to some pictures of the cast. That certainly would have got me interested!

Like Lily though, if I hadn't heard of Alex before the back up plan, I would never have gone to the movies to see it.If I had seen pics of him and saw that he was hot, I might have watched it on DVD!
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Yeah I'm sure I would have given it ago and I'm absolutely positive I would continue to watch because of Alex. I was drawn to ML after about 10 mins of watching Alex - there were so many things that drew me into Mick apart from his looks. But I actually find Alex alot more physically appealing now so I'm sure if I tuned in H50 now without ever having known Alex - I think his looks and voice would have drawn me in. Shallow I know. :biggrin:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

MoonMarg wrote:Shallow I know. :biggrin:
I'd go with "discerning". :biggrin:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “The Alex Archives”