r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Three Rivers - news, links, discussion - part 11 *SPOILERS*

Post by r1015bill »

darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Lilly wrote:I hate like heck to be the one to put this here, but according to Ausiello -- Three Rivers has been officially canceled.

Link: Press Tour Scoop: 'Three Rivers' axed, 'Numb3rs' not dead

A charming quote: “We all know that when something is ‘on hiatus’ it’s code for something else,” Tassler cracked.

:Mickangel:

Consider the source, dear Lilly, consider the source. :whistle:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Aw honey, I'm sorry for you that you had to be the one. But we all knew it. It's just the certificate of death, and the corpse has been cold for quite a while. :Mickangel:

Nina Tassler continues to endear herself to us every time she opens her mouth, doesn't she?
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I knew it, of course but it still makes me sad.

And no word on the remaining episodes... :Mickangel:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm still holding out hope that they'll at least burn them off... maybe in the summer...
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I want the final four... always a damn final four with Alex shows... :slaphead:

No mention of them; no mention of him... pffffffftttttttt!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I loved the line about 'trying' to find a show for Alex O'Loughlin....I hope they do more than try, and that the stars come into alignment this time.

Just wonder what that show could / should be......

I see that David Tennant (Dr. Who for four seasons) is shooting a pilot for NBC (Rex) where he plays a defense attorney who gets stage fright when he defends his clients, so he coaches them to be able to defend themselves

My first reaction was :gasp: on several fronts.....but I'm guessing that his character is going to tap into Tennant's comedic skills. Should it get picked up (somehow, I think it will, considering NBC's dire straits), the show could be interesting....

ETA - I can't spell
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

dsr, there is a thread, here: viewtopic.php?f=268&t=4927 discussing DT's new pilot for NBC.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

dsr - I'd love to see Alex in something that could tap into his comedic skills. He lights up the screen in the BUP previews. Maybe it's time for him to step away from the angsty, deeply thoughtful characters for a bit. I wouldn't mind seeing him play a bit of a cad -- with a heart of gold, of course. Maybe some sort of free-spirited con man?
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

thanks, red....hadn't seen that one yet... God, a mind is a terrible thing to lose.....I had seen this, but forgot it....

ITA Lilly. From the BUP trailers, Alex can do comedy...but a like the idea of a cad with a heart of gold
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wouldn't he have been perfect in White Collar? :hearts:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

allegrita wrote:Wouldn't he have been perfect in White Collar? :hearts:
Sorry, alle, my ignorance. :dunce: ...what is White Collar?
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

It's on TNT, Dark... it's cute. Alex would be great in half the shows out there... he's got range. :yes:
But CBS doesn't seem to know what to do with him... and they have so few spots open, ever... sigh. Still, I hope they DO find him a good piece... :fingerscrossed:
After reading Lilly's Ed Bernero article, I also wonder, again, how much CBS mucking with his shows has caused the quality to suffer... sigh again. It kept changing thru the season, JUST like it was being written by committee... and not a cool committee like our challenge fics here, either. :roll:
AND I wonder if HE is willing to go another round. Couldn't blame him, tho I'd certainly like to see him on a successful show... :sigh:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

wpgrace wrote:It's on TNT, Dark... it's cute. Alex would be great in half the shows out there... he's got range. :yes:
But CBS doesn't seem to know what to do with him... and they have so few spots open, ever... sigh. Still, I hope they DO find him a good piece... :fingerscrossed:
After reading Lilly's Ed Bernero article, I also wonder, again, how much CBS mucking with his shows has caused the quality to suffer... sigh again. It kept changing thru the season, JUST like it was being written by committee... and not a cool committee like our challenge fics here, either. :roll:
AND I wonder if HE is willing to go another round. Couldn't blame him, tho I'd certainly like to see him on a successful show... :sigh:
good question grace. It all depends on his contract (how much longer do they have him tied up for) and how it's written. Can they 'strongly urge' him to take a role he's not too keen on? Got me. Can they keep him from taking roles elsewhere? Hope not.

CBS has also mucked about with other shows - forgot the name of the showrunner for the Ex-List, but she went screaming into the night, left the show and it tanked when CBS wanted to deviate from what she'd agreed to. We know what happened with Moonlight.

But the mucking about with 3R was just so inexplicable. Never show episodes out of order, especially in the beginning of a new show and if there is sequential information- it confuses the hell out of the audience. Having the first 3R episode premiere near the end, if not at the end, of the fall season also didn't help, especially when up against a strong Desperate Housewives and (sigh) Sunday football. And don't wait so long to flesh out the main characters beyond their obvious roles.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now. :witsend:

Does any one know where Alex is now (still in Oz or back in the US)? With BUP coming out here in 3 months, the trailer should start showing up in theaters soon. Sometime late March / early April, the whirlwind appearances hyping the movie should start. I'll be honest. From what I've seen of the trailers, BUP looks to be a really good movie.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

DSR, White Collar is kinda like a New Millennium It Takes a Thief, that show Robert Wagner made in his hunky, pretty youth. Bad boy type, crook with a heart of gold has to help the cop (FBI in this case), high living and luxury accommodations... good quips and humor but some sadness underneath the charm...

It stars the guy who played Bryce on Chuck. He's great, don't get me wrong. But Alex would be soooooooo good. :hearts:

Return to “Past Projects”