Alex in new TV Guide article

mwj01
Courtesan

Re: Appreciating the alluring Alex with pics, part 9

Post by mwj01 »

allegrita wrote:"I'm a working class kid," says O'Loughlin. "My appreciation for what I have in my life is great."

I think... it's hard to read...
Thanks! :mrgreen: Nice quote!

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
Overdamoon
Fledgling

Post by Overdamoon »

allegrita wrote:I think so, PNW. The person who gave them to me didn't have the magazine, she got them from the person who has it, and she didn't say the date of the magazine...but I figure it's this coming week's issue, and the lady at the store told me it will hit the shelves on Friday. I've got my fingers crossed...
Yeah, people who have TV Guide subscriptions get the mag in the mail already.
My eyes hurt from squinting too much so Friday it is. :mdrama:
Thanks to Kelly for her beautiful banner.
Thanks to SirenSong for her beautiful MickCora tag.

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

See what you get when I go offline. :snicker:

That article was just great. :thanks: Allegrita for posting in the first place and :thanks: dc for the larger scans.

That picture. WOW. :thud:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

TV Guide seems to love our Alex.

I'll be letting them know how much this AOL fan appreciates that. :-)

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Excellent plan, PNW! And why shouldn't they--I bet when they feature him prominently, they sell every single copy of that issue... :giggle: :drool: :melts: :happysigh:
nayp
Fledgling

Post by nayp »

You can tell in that article, the passion he has for his character in TR already.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I've read today's posts in this thread twice now... My News stand gets the TVG's out on Thursday at 2pm... and I know this from experience from last year... so I've now scheduled my day... I'm hitting the news stand right at 2!

And I am just getting back to actually breathing... what an exciting article.

Pgal... when you say you are letting them know how much you appreciate the Alex article, what do you mean? Writing them or just buying a lot of them???
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

Great article! Absolutely wonderful press for Alex! Praise from Mirren, praise and love from his fans, and a great way to get word out about his new show to the masses of people they may not have been aware of the pilot. A win-win for everyone! I can't wait to get my TVGuide this week! Woohoo! Sort of like when Moonlight was still on and we impatiently waiting each week for some small tibit of information in the magazine. This time around, a 2-page spread with a pic to die for! I'm so excited! You go, Alex!
Last edited by VAsusieQ18 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

wpgrace wrote:I've read today's posts in this thread twice now... My News stand gets the TVG's out on Thursday at 2pm... and I know this from experience from last year... so I've now scheduled my day... I'm hitting the news stand right at 2!

Pgal... when you say you are letting them know how much you appreciate the Alex article, what do you mean? Writing them or just buying a lot of them???

I meant writing them and letting them know. ;-) But - buying out the newstand isn't a bad idea!

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I wonder if the TVGuide article should be broken away and given its own thread? Its a pic of Alex, yes, but its also an article. And I would imagine that many members might not find it buried in this thread. Just a thought....
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

PNWgal wrote:
wpgrace wrote:I've read today's posts in this thread twice now... My News stand gets the TVG's out on Thursday at 2pm... and I know this from experience from last year... so I've now scheduled my day... I'm hitting the news stand right at 2!

I meant writing them and letting them know. ;-) But - buying out the newstand isn't a bad idea!

Well I'll buy more than one copy... but maybe I'll write them too... they DO seem to love him...

And that photo looks like it came right from that sexiest stars photo shoot when he won for being Mick... the one from last spring. That is still his Mick look, tho with a beard. It would be a great look for his new guys too... that look is always appropriate! :heart:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Lucky
Freelance freshie
Location: In Mick world, hanging with the sisters...loving every moment..

Post by Lucky »

Thanks darlingcat for the article, never read it...Just can't help love the guy more and his dedication to all the roles he performs. Love our Alex... :hearts:

Avi and banner by Eris, thanks so much!!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

VAsusieQ18 wrote:I wonder if the TVGuide article should be broken away and given its own thread? Its a pic of Alex, yes, but its also an article. And I would imagine that many members might not find it buried in this thread. Just a thought....

This is not a bad idea... not everyone comes in here... tho I cannot fathom why not! But this might be of great interest to many members...

carniegal
Kostan Industries intern

Re: Alex in new TV Guide article

Post by carniegal »

Don't think TV Guide took him back to the desert. His hair is to long. I think they went to their files and gave us a hotter picture, :thud: than the ones they shot & ran in the sexiest issue. :drool: Well, almost hotter. Who knows which pix is the hottest. :dizzy: my brain melted. :woohoo: :drool: :drool: :thud:
HotMicks
Ancient

Re: Alex in new TV Guide article

Post by HotMicks »

That picture, well... :melts:

But I gotta say, this is one time when I appreciate the article more. There is so much there in one little page of text.
And we've been so "starved" for news that certain people, who shall remain nameless (Grace & Fleur :snicker: ), have been forced to go :offtopic: at times on the Three Rivers thread.

What I like most of all are these few lines: "That may be why O'Loughlin is following Minds with yet another sharp turn, as cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Andy Yablonski in the CBS fall pilot Three Rivers. I play a very, very important person. It's completely changed my life. For Three Rivers, he's hoping to work with Donate Life America, an organization promoting organ and tissue donation."

I mean, I don't want to count the chickens before they hatch, sorry to use a cliche, but this all sounds so promising for Three Rivers. He clearly gets the role/person he's playing; he's so hopeful he's already picked a donor group; and they called it a FALL pilot! :yahoo: (Yahoo because that means regular, weekly installments and that's all we've been :fingerscrossed: for, right?)

It's so easy to genuinely like this guy. He's real, he's got a lot of compassion, and he's got something going on upstairs when he could soooo easily just rely on his looks. It makes you really want to root for him.

:cheer:

ETA: And thank you to MLC for reminding me of my manners... thanks to Alle and DC for the scans... and I will be helping to sell out those copies of TVG when it comes out. :cloud9:
Last edited by HotMicks on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill

Return to “Pictures of Alex”