Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 11: Love Lasts Forever

darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 11: Love Lasts Forever

Post by darkstarrising »

If only we had gotten a chance to see the breakup between Beth and Josh - how would it have affected Josh? Would he have slunk off into the night? Somehow, while he gave an indication that might have been his response in SB, methinks he might have dug a little deeper into just who Mick St. John was. Of course he'd do that to make sure Beth hadn't fallen in with the wrong sort (right....) :giggle:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Oh yeah, I totally agree. I don't think Josh would have just disappeared, he'd be looking pretty closely at the mysterious Mick St John. And if that happened, and Josh found something (which, let's face it, he would have), would Beth have gone to Josef and asked for another Foster-like 'clean-up'??
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:Oh yeah, I totally agree. I don't think Josh would have just disappeared, he'd be looking pretty closely at the mysterious Mick St John. And if that happened, and Josh found something (which, let's face it, he would have), would Beth have gone to Josef and asked for another Foster-like 'clean-up'??
Now that's a dilemma worthy of a second season....Beth having to choose between the secrecy of the community (and the vamp she loves) or the life of the man she once loved....Nocturne has a wonderful series on this and it doesn't end well for Josh.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I don't have access to my ML episodes at the moment to check and I tend to get confused as to what is canon and what's fanfic. But....wasn't there a file on Mick? One I assumed Josh started, and Talbot looked through.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Mick and Beth are at Bionalysis and the doctor must have already told Mick that there is nothing unusual in the blood because he’s asking her what does she mean ‘nothing’?

She hands him back his tube sample and says there’s nothing in there that shouldn't be. Mick asks about anything that is unknown, anything unidentifiable. Nope, nothing. Not even caffeine.

The sample is virtually untainted. She assumes it came from a child. This perks Mick’s interest. He says ‘no’. ‘Why?’ Well, because as we get older we accumulate toxins. The blood is pure, like new. No free radicals.

Mick’s disappointed once again. He tells her it’s not a child’s. He turns to leave, Beth following and they thank the doctor. She stops them by saying that she didn’t find anything odd IN the blood but the blood type, however, is rare. Mick wants to know how rare.

Less than one person per million has it. She starts to say the type but Beth finishes it for her. Type AO-. Mick looks at Beth.

The doctor wants to know how Beth knows that. Easy, it’s Beth’s blood type.

Meanwhile, Josh meets with a judge about the charges against Tejada.

Tejada’s lawyer is saying that there is no proof that his client has any connections to the crimes he’s being charged with. Josh pushes, saying that Tejada tried to intimidate the prosecution.

There is no evidence that such initimidation occured. Josh offers to be deposed. He didn’t do so sooner because he didn’t want to delay the proceedings. There is ample reason to deny bail.

The defense attorney cries again that there is no evidence against his client and that he’s a respected businessman in his community.

Josh once again argues that the guy is a flight risk. The judge say enough and sets bail at five million.

Tejada gets up to leave. He and Josh share a look. (I LOVE that Josh does not back down. He’s pretty damned fearless. For a human.)

Josh turns to whoever it was that accompanied him there and complains that Tejada will be home in time for dinner.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

GuardianAngel wrote:I don't have access to my ML episodes at the moment to check and I tend to get confused as to what is canon and what's fanfic. But....wasn't there a file on Mick? One I assumed Josh started, and Talbot looked through.
there was a file on Mick - you see Talbot put the pictures Dean Foster took into a case file near the end of Click.....as to who started that file - might have been Josh. Remember, when Talbot and Mick first meet Talbot says he's heard about Mick. Mick asks if it was anything good. Talbot says no. Maybe he read Josh's file or maybe he started it himself.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

I hadn't picked up on the file stuff before, but you're both right, there was one. I think Josh must have started this. I'd want to know who'd been cosying up to my girlfriend in the middle of the site of a major drug-bust.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

According to a friend who has an early version of the TMC script, there was originally going to be a storyline where Josh had hired an investigator to investigate Mick. (Her character was turned into the jeweler who set Josh's grandmother's stone into the engagement ring in the version that aired.) So at one point, anyway, Josh was definitely supposed to have a file on Mick.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

oh, the fascinating stuff that the writer's strike deprived us of... :banghead:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

allegrita wrote:According to a friend who has an early version of the TMC script, there was originally going to be a storyline where Josh had hired an investigator to investigate Mick. (Her character was turned into the jeweler who set Josh's grandmother's stone into the engagement ring in the version that aired.) So at one point, anyway, Josh was definitely supposed to have a file on Mick.

And THAT, plus Mick going after Cora, woulda made for a far better final four... :banghead:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

OMG--imagine Beth trying to defend Mick's reputation against her vengeful ex, Josh, with Mick off in France rescuing his ex-wife! :gasp:
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I didn't think Josh was a 'rest on your laurels' type of guy. Besides the fact that Mick was taking his girl, Josh knew things were 'off' about Mick. I believe that Josh cared enough about Beth that even if Beth did not choose him, Josh would have tried to protect her from Mick if Mick turned out to be something bad.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

GuardianAngel wrote:I didn't think Josh was a 'rest on your laurels' type of guy. Besides the fact that Mick was taking his girl, Josh knew things were 'off' about Mick. I believe that Josh cared enough about Beth that even if Beth did not choose him, Josh would have tried to protect her from Mick if Mick turned out to be something bad.
In complete agreement with you, GA. I think Josh would sort of see it as a crusade... maybe he'd even think that Beth wouldn't know and he'd have to tell her. Now that would have been an interesting conversation...

"...Say what? Vampires? I hate to bring it up, but, wasn't there some kind of crazy in your family, Josh?" *hastily picks up the phone and calls Josef*
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

You know, I always liked Josh - right from the start. I thought he was cute, loved Beth immensely, and could stand up for himself when he needed to. And and he never treated Mick badly (part from BC), and he probably had every right to. Most guys would not have stood for the amount of time Mick spent hanging around with Beth - at all hours of the night or day. In fact I thought he was over generous with Mick - probably too friendly considering he knew Mick was stealing his girlfriend.

He was really, really good in this episode and it was so sad to see him die. :hankie:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I didn't think Josh was a 'rest on your laurels' type of guy. Besides the fact that Mick was taking his girl, Josh knew things were 'off' about Mick. I believe that Josh cared enough about Beth that even if Beth did not choose him, Josh would have tried to protect her from Mick if Mick turned out to be something bad.
In complete agreement with you, GA. I think Josh would sort of see it as a crusade... maybe he'd even think that Beth wouldn't know and he'd have to tell her. Now that would have been an interesting conversation...

"...Say what? Vampires? I hate to bring it up, but, wasn't there some kind of crazy in your family, Josh?" *hastily picks up the phone and calls Josef*

Actually, a conversation between those two, about Mick as something weird... perhaps even a vampire... woulda been AMAZING!!!!!

And yeah, Josh was a really nice guy but also most professional. He was BOUND to be investigating Mick all this time... and probably really being confused about just exactly what was going on with this guy, but sensing that is was something really really strange, which I think he would translate as probably illegal. Mafia ties, maybe? Mentally deranged, maybe, psycho killer? His DA senses clearly were tingling and it would have been so cool to see a showdown between these two good men.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)

Return to “Episode Discussion”