Moonlight's Fifteenth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2022

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Moonlight's Fifteenth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2022

Post by allegrita »

Fifteen years is a loooooong time. Especially in fandom. Especially in a fandom for a show that lasted only one, shortened season. But there you go--Moonlight has always been special, and Moonlight fans are a dedicated lot. :heart:

This date will always be special to us, because it marks the reason we are here, together. So let's celebrate! :redwine2:

I'm so grateful to Trevor and Ron, and all the wonderful writers who created our show... to the amazing crew of designers, camera people, set and props people, wardrobe, hair, and makeup masters, editors, and other artists who made the Moonlight world come to life... to Alex, Sophia, Shannyn, Jason, and all the wonderful actors who turned those written words into real, compelling dialogue, spoken by believable people... :ghug:

And a special thank you to whoever designed those gorgeous screens in Mick's apartment. :happysigh: (I will always treasure the moment I saw one panel of that screen in the shop on our WB lot tour! :yahoo: )

Thank you to all the creative people, here and elsewhere, who have written stories and poems, made beautiful banners, created fantastic videos, and done so much research to help us understand more about the sets, costumes, filming locations, and other things that only true fans could appreciate. Thank you to everyone who visits this forum to check in, share their thoughts, read stories, enjoy videos and other art, keep track of what our beloved cast and crew are doing these days, etc., etc... :ghug:

Thanks to our dedicated moderators, past and present (hi, Lilly! :smooch: ), who have kept this site running for a loooong time! :flowers: And an extra big thank you to Phoenix, who started MLA. :rose:

Cheers to fifteen years! It has truly been a thrill ride. :groupwave:
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Moonlights Fifteenth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2022

Post by choccyterri »

:hearts: :ghug: Goodness me where did those years go!?

:heart: Here to join in the thanks for the wonderful creatives that gave us one brilliant season that has stayed with us all, has inspired us, and brought us together originally as a lovely Moonlight family.

I would also like to send special thanks to you Alle, and Lilly too, for continuing to make MLA the home it is for us. No matter how sporadic our visits, it is so comforting to have it to come to and share the Moonlight love, and the talents of the wonderful people who come here. :flowers:

Happy Moonlightiversary friends! :champs: :champs:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thank you, Alle! As always, your lovely words are just perfect. :flowers: :hug: I may not be as "present" these days, but my heart is still here basking in the Moonlight. :heart:

I will never cease to marvel at how this one show changed my life so completely. It brought me online and out of the shadows. It inspired me to learn photoshop and video editing. It motivated me to WRITE. And it introduced me to some amazing people -- and some of the dearest friends I have ever known. :hearts:

It's funny - I missed the Moonlight premiere when it first aired 15 years ago because I was recovering from foot surgery. I quickly caught up while I was in a cast, non-weight bearing, and generally feeling sorry for myself. :laugh: A couple of months ago, I had the same surgery on my other foot, and I was telling people that the first time seemed like a lifetime ago. However, when I look at it in Moonlight terms - it seems like just yesterday. :rose:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Yes, THANK YOU! Everyone you mentioned and everyone here - past and present.

A giant thrill ride, indeed.

Love you all! :hearts: :flowers:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Shadow
Courtesan

Re: Moonlight's Fifteenth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2022

Post by Shadow »

Fifteen years .... in real time that is quite a while! I know I never imagined that any fan site would still be a going concern after so much time.

But Lilly is so right about Moonlight time. It's very different indeed. Maybe when we think about time around here, we experience it through vampire eyes. Fifteen years isn't long at all for a vampire, after all!

And even after all this time I still can't quite believe that Moonlight affected me powerfully enough that I actually learned how to make videos. (There can't have been anyone in the world less qualified when I started.) And this place totally inspires me to keep creating them. I just put up a new one....and there might even be a new story coming along sometime this year.

So many many thanks to Alle and Lilly for keeping MLA going! :rose: I feel so lucky to be able to still come here!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Shadow wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:34 am Maybe when we think about time around here, we experience it through vampire eyes. Fifteen years isn't long at all for a vampire, after all!
:heart:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Shadow wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:34 am Maybe when we think about time around here, we experience it through vampire eyes. Fifteen years isn't long at all for a vampire, after all!
That makes perfect sense to me. :rose:
LoveBite
Kostan Industries intern

Post by LoveBite »

A couple of days late .... but it IS a Friday night while I'm writing this. I remember 15 years ago so well, watching & wondering what was this new show was going to be all about. And, of course, it was wonderful, but the season turned out to be too short. The suspense of the writer's strike gave us a few more precious episodes ... before the final four. A giant thrill ride indeed. Alex as Mick St. John is still my most favorite vampire of all time.
:heart:
Carol
~LoveBite
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Fifteenth Anniversary... reminded me of when it all began:

Becoming MickLifeCrisis
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Thanks, Alle and Lily for keeping this place going. It's amazing that a TV show could have such a profound effect on so many. There are fans and then there are Moonlightaholics. Trekkies ain't got nothing on us! :hyper: :hyper2: :hyper:

Here's to another fifteen years, and laughs and stories and all the rest of it. :heart: :hearts: :champs: :heart: :hearts:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo

Return to “Moonlight's Fifteenth Anniversary - Sept. 28,2022”