Moonlight's 13th Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2020

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Moonlight's 13th Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2020

Post by allegrita »

Wow--the anniversary caught me by surprise this year! I guess it's because the days are all so similar, you don't notice them slipping by so quickly. But here we are, at the thirteenth anniversary of the debut of our amazing show. :heart:

I can't help but wonder how the COVID-19 pandemic would affect vampires. Do they have to sequester their freshies to prevent them from getting sick? Are the vamps able to move more openly in public, since fewer humans are out and about? I guess that depends on where in the world they are. :chin: Here in Los Angeles, the city is still pretty quiet. No bars are open, and restaurants are only open for outdoor dining or takeout. Mick probably has to gag down some pretty funky blood from the morgue. Although if he's lucky, he can find some uninfected stuff. I bet Guillermo charges extra for that, though. :laugh: I wonder how the pandemic affected Kostan Industries. Knowing Josef, he took it very seriously from the outset, bought up tons of shares of PPE manufacturing companies, and made a killing (um... well, you know what I mean. :winky: ). Mick is probably worried sick about Beth, because you can bet that she's right in the thick of things. Unless she's already a vampire by now. :teeth:

Thirteen years later, I'm still thinking about our show as if it's a part of everyday life. That's the way it feels to me. It just feels right that the vampires are here, running their own society right next to ours, hiding in plain sight. That Guillermo is still doing autopsies and making sure the vampire secrets stay secret. That Josef is wheeling and dealing in his steel-and-glass tower, slipping away to New York to visit Sarah occasionally, and growing his fortune. Maybe Coraline is still in France, waiting for Mick to come to his senses (in her mind, anyway). I can see her living in some gorgeous old stone house in the French countryside with Cynthia, working on that elusive cure. And Beth... well, I can't see her still working for Talbot, because he's just too much of an arrogant jerk. :nonono: So maybe she's joined Mick's PI agency, and they've dragged Logan out of the basement to be their technical wizard. They take on cases other PIs won't touch, and they solve most of 'em. They're a good team, you know. :happysigh:

In this crazy year, where every day brings some new scandal or catastrophe, it's really comforting to think that the Moonlight world is still there, just out of sight, and that Mick is still driving that Mercedes through the night with the top down.

Happy Thirteenth Anniversary, Moonlight! :champs: :champs: :heart: :ghug: :mooncat:

Love,
Allegrita :rose:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight's 13th Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2020

Post by cassysj »

I really like the idea of thinking of our Moonlight crew during the time of COVID For any of our vamps over a century in their unlife this isn't their first rodeo. The only difference between 1918 and now is we have more science. New York while not normal has a lot more people on the streets hopefully we will start indoor dining this week. Moonlight anniversary reminds me of a lot of things in 2007 my sister retired from her job of 35 years, I went to EWTN to Alabama on a retreat and watched Moonlight episode Fever. I think Beth would have transitioned by now. I hope so anyway. I do agree this would be a hard time for Mick if she hadn't changed and even is she did blood banks are extremely low.
moonlightlover60
Fledgling

Post by moonlightlover60 »

Oh that was a lovely post Alle. I too thought about what if this pandemic happened to our vampires. I figured it wouldn't matter because they couldn't get sick but I forgot that the freshies could, so yeah that would be a problem as far as a blood supply for them. I would like to think that Beth by this time had become a "member of the family" and was happily working/loving side by side with Mick. :MickBeth:
So much had changed in the past 13 years, we have lost a lot of good friends that we made from this little show of ours and others have moved on from Moonlight. Not me, I'll probably keep reading these stories until I'm gone. With everything that's going on lately in the world and pretty much being stuck in the house for so long I started reading Moonlight stories again, some that I never got a chance to read before and some I love so much I've read them many times over. To me it's like escaping into their world and I can forget about everything else for awhile.
So Happy 13th Anniversary to Moonlight and I hope we'll still all be here celebrating many more.
:champs: :hearts: :champs:
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Wow - that's crazy - 13 years. I still love Moonlight to my very core. No character will ever compare to Mick St John in my eyes.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Holy smokes! 13 years!! Somehow if doesn't seem that long!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I was off grid for a few days and am catching up.

Wow, 13 years since the first episode!?

Great post, Alle. What interesting thoughts you have shared. The vampires dealing with COVID-19, and how it is affecting them. And their freshies. And Kostan Industries. I can just see Josef being one of the ones who saw the writing on the wall and planned ahead. To increase his wealth, that is! :snicker: Love the idea of Mick, Beth and Logan running their own PI business. :highfive:

:ghug:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

I simply cannot believe that its been 13 years. Wow. That time just flew by. Thank you Alle for your lovely reflections. I really really like the thought of Mick, Beth and Logan working together to crack cases and sometimes heads! I really wish we got to see more of them all :Mickangel: I wonder whether COVID would be completely irrelevant to vamps. Their healing powers are so amazing I can't help but thinking that it wouldn't matter if they imbibed from someone who had it. Lockdowns and restrictions might make it harder for rogue vamps to catch some fresh blood perhaps. I'm very grateful this board still exits, Alle. Thank you SO MUCH for keeping this going. You're incredible. :flowers: :cheer: :notworthy:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

So nostalgic of everyone. I picture Mick and Beth happy together, and Beth would be a vamp by now. I will always love our show. It was the first show in my then 57 years that I fell totally in love with.
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

13 years! It really is amazing how it still feels like yesterday. I still remember almost every word of the email my friend sent me about how I ought to check out this new show. (I was a week behind everyone else, seeing the pilot episode a week late. How lucky for me they showed the pilot twice in my area! Not something that happens every day.)

It is particularly amazing that it seems like yesterday since it also seems like 2020 has already been going on for about 25 years. How in the world do those two things mesh?

Interesting to think how the vampires might handle the pandemic. I don't think it would phase them too much. The older ones have already been through a fair few of these. It would certainly affect Beth, though, however things may have turned out for her. Right now, I think it would be rather more interesting if Beth were still human. She would be pushing 40 by now, if she were, and would the combination of natural aging and a pandemic be what finally made her decide to be turned? Or would she stick it out with the rest of us as a human? How I'd love to see a few more episodes!

Return to “Moonlight's Thirteenth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2020”