Revenge By Ella713 Rated PG (mild language)

A place for Ella713's G to PG-13 stories
Ella713
Courtesan

Revenge By Ella713 Rated PG (mild language)

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
Revenge
By Ella713
Rated PG (some mild language)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Mealnie Burrows gets paroled from the mental hospital and wants revenge on Logan! :chair:

“Do you know why you were sent here” The doctor asked her.
“Yes. I was sick. I’d become obsessed with a man and have to have all of their attention. To dangerous levels” Melanie replied meekly feeling ashamed.
“If you are released do you understand that you will live in a half way house. You will still continue your therapy and your evaluations?”
“Yes. I’m just thankful for all the support you’ve given me.” She said.
“Well, I will speak with the parole board tomorrow evening. And if all goes well, you will be released.” Dr. Vincent said with smile.
“Thank you. I just want to focus on getting better” Melanie said with small smile.
‘I know you do. Try and get some rest” he said lightly patting her hand.

When she saw the door close behind the doctor Melanie smiled brightly.
She would be out soon. And the first person she would visit would be Logan Griffin!
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Revenge By Ella713 Rated PG (mild language)

Post by Ella713 »

Melanie went before the review board and they agreed that she had received the treatment that was needed and no longer posed a threat to the city.

Logan was in good spirits when he woke up. Then he saw a face in his security camera. He buzzed Mick in.
“What’s up Mick?” He asked with a still tired from sleep yawn.
“Melanie Burrows was just relapsed from Bellevue” Mick said.

Logan stared at Mick waiting for him to say surprise. He didn’t.
“I thought she was going to be in there for 10 years!” Logan said.
“The parole board thought she made excellent progress and released her two days ago.” Mick said.
“And you’re just telling me now!” Logan exclaimed thinking he would have to move.
“Calm down Logan. She’s already been released. Has she tried to contact you?”
“No”
“Well there you go. Maybe she got the help she needed.” Mick said.
“Yeah…..ok, maybe. Oh shit! I better call Katie!” He said suddenly.

Katie Sharp had finished college and was now working for Google and was engaged to the man of her dreams. In short, her life was perfect. She was happy when she heard Logan on the line for her.
“Logan! How are you?” She said in her normal cheerful voice.
“I’m fine Katie. Thanks for the invitation….listen, Melanie was just released from Bellevue and I thought I should let you know.”
“Well if she was released then she must have made progress.” Katie said.
“Yeah, I’m probably worried for nothing, but take care of yourself Katie.” Logan said
“Logan, you worry too much.” She said smiling. “Everything will work out for Melanie”

Logan hung up but he didn’t think things would work out. He couldn’t explain how he knew, but he did.

Melanie sat in the small room in the halfway house. It felt really nice to be in a room of her own. Her roommate at Bellevue was an idiot! An idiot with a weird obsession with George Clooney of all people. She had literally stalked him for years, telling everyone she was his wife. She even broke into his home and made dinner for him!

Melanie knew she wasn’t crazy, but she went through the motions of “rehabilitation” with the many counselors at the facility. And she also knew that when she did get out, Logan Griffin would be the first person she saw. Logan and Katie Sharp. That’s all Melanie thought about for 5 years.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This does not sound good for Logan at all!

Melanie doesn't seem to be out to prove to Katy Sharp and Logan how she is all better now.

Crazy people can be dangerous. I'll admit to working with a couple of folks who may not be 'humming with mental health', but nothing like Melanie. :eek2:

Forget the vampires, Melanie is really scarey!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Scary thing is that she is smart enough to pretend to be sane.
This doesn't sound good.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Francis you are correct! I can't think of anything more scary than absolute crazy individual convincing everyone that they are sane and competent!

Part of her probation was to stay away from Logan and Katie. Any step towards them would see her back in Bellevue and possibly prison. So she had to be careful. Her supervisor at the halfway house had talked about making amends with the people you had wronged……Melanie was sure that if her supervisor requested a meeting then it would have no bearing on her parole….that might work she thought to herself.

Logan read the letter twice before balling it up and tossing it aside. There was no way in hell that he was going to meet with that lunatic!

Three weeks went by and every Monday Logan received another letter requesting that he come to visit Melanie. Finally after a lot of thought he decided to go. But only for a few minutes.

Logan walked up to the house and rang the bell. The woman who answered was very professional and upfront about what would and couldn’t be done during the visit. Logan nodded his head slowly and walked ahead into the room.

He saw Melanie sitting demurely on the sofa a book in her lap. She certainly looked different. Her curly mop of hair was longer and softer looking. She looked….at peace, but when she looked up Logan, he could see in her eyes that she was still the same insane person. This was all just an act. He noticed the slight rise in her heartbeat and he could smell the perspiration.

“Hello Melanie.” Logan said simply.
“Logan, thank you for coming” she said feigning innocence.
“What did you want?” Logan asked.
“Only to tell you how sorry I am for all the trouble I caused….I don’t know what came over me….” She began to say.
“I do. You’re insane Melanie. That’s what came over you” Logan said sternly. Melanie looked at him sharply but then took a deep breath remembering that she was playing a part.
“You have every right to be angry Logan. I was terrible, I know but I’m better now and I want to make it up to both you and Katie” She said with a sweet smile.

Logan knew that no matter how many sweet words Melanie threw at him, she needed to be locked away. So Logan smiled and started to walk towards her. He saw her smile brighten as he stepped towards her. Melanie slowly stood up. The letter opener tight in her hand behind her back anticipating the moment when Logan would take her in his arms.

When Logan was standing mere inches from her face, his eyes changed from the deep blue that she loved to a vibrant blood red. She jumped back a little, and then she saw that his entire face had changed! He was a monster! How could she have not known!! Melanie let out a piercing scream. Logan heard footsteps running for them. He backed away from the shrieking woman and waited. The supervisor came bursting through the door and saw Logan on the other side of the room and Melanie kneeling on the floor with the letter opener in her hand.

“Good God! Get the doctor!” The supervisor yelled out trying to speak quietly to Melanie.

Melanie Burrows went back to Bellevue with the additional charge of attempted assault. She would most likely be there for the rest of her life which was a good thing everyone thought.

“You took one hell of a chance Logan” Mick said after it was all over.
“I know, but that woman would have come for you, Katie, Carl and God knows who else” Logan exclaimed. “It had to happen”
Mick nodded his head slowly. Sometimes a vampire had to do something completely wrong just to make a situation right and it was never an easy decision to make. But with Melanie in a catatonic stupor in Bellevue things could be right. For a while anyway, he thought.

The End
Last edited by Ella713 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Now she will have a lot of time to think about what she planned to do.

Maybe the next time she gets out, she will genuinely have changed.

Could happen...I hope.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Well, if she blathers about vampires among us, she will most surely not be taken seriously by anyone. It will only make her stay in the ward longer. So, Logan and the secret are safe. :highfive:
Great story!

Return to “Ella713's Office”