A Second Chance (G) Challenge #135

A place for MickLifeCrisis' G to PG-13 stories
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

A Second Chance (G) Challenge #135

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Did someone say these things were addictive?? :whistle: As usual, I do not own Moonlight or any if its characters.

A Second Chance

“Ms. Morrow, you have a visitor.”

“Hello, Bonnie.”

“Mr. St. John!”

“Please, call me Mick. How are you doing?”

“Pretty good. The doctor said in another week or two I could be discharged to an outpatient program.”

“That’s great news! What will you do then?”

“Well, short term I’m going to stay with my aunt, my mother’s sister. Eventually I want to get a part time job and go to school.”

“What do you want to study?”

“Not politics, that’s for sure! I want to help people. Do something meaningful with my life, now that I have another chance. I… I want to thank you, Mr. – I mean Mick. You know, for saving me.”

“Bonnie, I…”

“No really. You listened to me and you cared. And sharing my secret burden with you was the crack in the wall that let me share it with the people here who helped me. I know now that nothing was my fault.”

“I’m glad it’s working out, Bonnie.”

“Did your secret turn out okay, too?”

“Yes, yes it did. Thanks for asking. Listen, have you ever heard of Kostan Industries?”

“Sure, who hasn’t?”

“I have some contacts there. I happen to know they are going to be putting together a new team to oversee their charity work. When you feel up to it, call the number on this card and tell them I sent you. If you’re interested in it, that is.”

“That sounds perfect!”

“You take care now, Bonnie. Bye.”

“Bye. And thanks.”
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: A Second Chance (G) Challenge #135

Post by francis »

Oh, I love that he visited Bonnie after what happened. They probably needed it both.
Letting her work for Josef could be more politics than she wanted, but she will be in good hands there.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm so glad he went to visit her. :hug: It's just the sort of thing he'd do. :hearts: Wow, this feels so true to the episode, it's making me really nostalgic! :sigh: What a wonderful little peek into yet another unexplored corner of the Moonlight universe. Thank you, MLC! :clapping:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Leave it to Mick, the giving never stops! What a great scene.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

MLC

This was lovely!

So glad Mick hooked Bonnie up with Kostan Industries. I think Bonnie's exposure to politics would be a real asset in that type of situation and she could rebuild her life and identity without standing in the shadow of her father or the trauma of her mother's death.

Thank you! Lovely answer to the challenge!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Thank you for the lovely comments! :flowers: Visiting and checking up on Bonnie seems like the Mick thing to do. And who knows, if she doesn't like pushing papers and making phone calls for Kostan Industries, Josef might find some other kind of work for her... :whistle:

Just kidding! :laugh: I'm not sure Bonnie is exactly what you'd call freshie material. :noway:
Last edited by MickLifeCrisis on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MickLifeCrisis
SharonC
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by SharonC »

OMG MLC, what a fantastic idea for a story. I never thought of Mick going back to visit Bonnie but why not, especially after what they went through on that roof and the fact she has lost both her parents.

:clapping:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

This was wonderful, MLC! :rose:

I've never read a story that followed up on Bonnie. I'm not surprised that Mick went to visit her. He could almost be her Guardian Angel as well. First, he listened, supported, and encouraged her. Second, he literally saved her life. Third, he checked up on her, and fourth, he helped her to get a new job. :happysigh:

Great answer to the challenge! :clapping:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Great stuff, MLC. You've really opened the vault with this one. I don't think I've read any other fics with Bonnie.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Thank you! :flowers: And Marigold, I never thought of it that way... Mick being a guardian angel for Bonnie. Just so long she's not the main blonde in his life who needs looking after. :laugh:
MickLifeCrisis
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Of course he would go see her, and you've provided a very believable scenario for that visit. Bonnie had been through so much for so long, suffering in silence with her secret....and so has Mick.

Very nicely done, MLC :flowers:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This is such an interesting story! I could definitely see Mick following up.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

What a perfect scenario for Mick to follow up with Bonnie. It's good to know someone is still looking after her welfare after all she's been through. There is a lot of connection here -- Mick as her guardian angel, but also the two of them as kindred spirits releasing secrets to become free of their emotional burdens.

I'm sure one of Kostan Industries' many arms of business include some philanthropic interests. Remember the charity to reimburse the victims of the scam Josef was going to meet with Maureen about? You know, the one he got Oprah to be the Honorary Chairwoman of? :snicker: So Bonnie can do something other than follow in her father's political footsteps.

Excellent story, MLC!!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Had to give this a bump
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Thanks so much! :kiss:
MickLifeCrisis

Return to “MickLifeCrisis' Office”