My Body is a Cage

Shadow
Courtesan

My Body is a Cage

Post by Shadow »

This is a video request for Lucky, with an amazing song for Mick - "My Body is a Cage" by Peter Gabriel.

on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbRfbFRQhyE

On Vimeo:
http://vimeo.com/33960507
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: My Body is a Cage

Post by Lilly »

Shadow - I am at a complete loss for words. This is absolutely stunning. I have chills and tears and no small measure of envy for your incredible talent. :notworthy: :heart:

Lucky told me she had suggested this song to you and I knew it would make an amazing video -- but this is so far beyond my expectations. Somehow you manage to breathe new life into images we've seen over and over and to evoke the deepest emotions with them even now. I am in awe.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

When I suggested this song to you, I thought you'd make a good vid with it. I was wrong.

This is a great vid.

I was in chills, most of the way, and when I got to that pause during the footage of the re-turning, I completely lost it.

This is perfect.

Thank you so much. Thank you so, so much.

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Shadow... :thud: I'm a little lost for words. What an extraordinary piece of work. :rose:
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Oh my gosh, Shadow!!!! "My Body is a Cage" just became my favorite Moonlight video of all time!

Beautiful work! :rose: :hearts: :flowers: :heart: :clapping: :notworthy:

Lucky: That song is absolutely perfect. Thank you for recommending it to Shadow!

:flowers:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

It's a funny thing...every time Shadow posts a new vid, it shoots right to the top of my favorite Moonlight vids list.

Every time, I think, well, she won't top this one...

And then, she does.

I just watched again, and I am just as blown away...this is epic.

Lucky
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Really nice!

As always, I love your use of other material outside of the 16 episodes to complement what we have and know.

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Bummer.

I couldn't get either one to play.

Hope this is just temporary, as this sounds just fabulous.

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

WOW Amy this has left me stunned. I was holding my breath and didn't realise it until the end. Girlfriend you are a master at taking an unknown piece of music and paring it with familiar images of our Moonlight and creating something completely new. Love your use of dialog inserted into the perfect points of this creation.
I LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ your work...please don't ever stop...yours is a talent to be admired and respected in this community. You keep Moonlight fresh and new every time you make one of these videos. :hug: Thank you so much :smooch: :rose:

...and thank you Lucky for requesting this so that Amy can keep working her magic :notworthy:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Lilly wrote:Shadow - I am at a complete loss for words. This is absolutely stunning. I have chills and tears and no small measure of envy for your incredible talent. :notworthy: :heart:

Lucky told me she had suggested this song to you and I knew it would make an amazing video -- but this is so far beyond my expectations. Somehow you manage to breathe new life into images we've seen over and over and to evoke the deepest emotions with them even now. I am in awe.
:rose: Lilly, that is the most awesome comment ever . . . thank you so, so much.
I was thrilled to get Lucky's suggestion - it's simply an extraordinary song and it's so perfect for Mick, so very emotional in itself. I'm very glad that emotion carried across into the video!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

librarian_7 wrote:When I suggested this song to you, I thought you'd make a good vid with it. I was wrong.

This is a great vid.

I was in chills, most of the way, and when I got to that pause during the footage of the re-turning, I completely lost it.

This is perfect.

Thank you so much. Thank you so, so much.

Lucky
:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:
That makes me very happy!
This is probably the most powerful song I've ever used for a video, and I couldn't help being a little worried about doing justice to it. But I was really pleased with the way it came out. The song itself helped so much in putting it all together.
Thank you again for the fabulous suggestion.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

allegrita wrote:Oh, Shadow... :thud: I'm a little lost for words. What an extraordinary piece of work. :rose:
Thanks so much, Alle! The song was extremely inspiring . . . :hearts:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

[quote="Marigold"]Oh my gosh, Shadow!!!! "My Body is a Cage" just became my favorite Moonlight video of all time!

:yahoo: :yahoo: Thanks Marigold, what an extraordinary - and wonderful - compliment!!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

librarian_7 wrote:It's a funny thing...every time Shadow posts a new vid, it shoots right to the top of my favorite Moonlight vids list.

Every time, I think, well, she won't top this one...

And then, she does.

I just watched again, and I am just as blown away...this is epic.

Lucky
:blushing: thanks, Lucky . . .

I think it's gonna be pretty hard to top this one, though . . . this song itself is epic!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

r1015bill wrote:Really nice!

As always, I love your use of other material outside of the 16 episodes to complement what we have and know.

Thanks so much, Rhonda! Something about the hugeness of this song just seemed to call for a little extra material. I'm really glad you liked that. :biggrin:

Return to “Shadow's Fan Vids”