No Regrets - Part 2 (PG) 8/7/11

A place for Darkstarrising's G to PG-13 stories
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: No Regrets - Part 2 (PG) 8/7/11

Post by allegrita »

I'm so glad you continued this! I love Beth's thoughts. You do a wonderful job of portraying that mind-state where you're so tired and your thoughts keep circling around and around, but you can't really come to a conclusion. And I loved the wish that she could meet the mysterious ex... oh Beth, be careful what you wish for! :gasp:

The conversation between Beth and Josh is wonderfully stilted and frustrating. They are both struggling to "say" what they mean without actually saying it. And Josh is already starting to feel Beth pull away from him... that little almost-flinch is so telling.

I remember watching that horribly painful little scene on the show where Josh said "We make a good team" and Beth gave him that fake smile. And it was so obvious, from the expression on her face as she lay in the dark with Josh's arm around her, that she wanted to be elsewhere... :sigh: I feel for both of them. But I agree that the relationship had already gotten a little stale, even before Beth met (or met again) Mick at the fountain. They just weren't meant to be. And I can't help wishing that they'd broken up so that Josh might have had a chance to live through the Tejada case. :hankie:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

allegrita wrote:I'm so glad you continued this! I love Beth's thoughts. You do a wonderful job of portraying that mind-state where you're so tired and your thoughts keep circling around and around, but you can't really come to a conclusion. And I loved the wish that she could meet the mysterious ex... oh Beth, be careful what you wish for! :gasp:

The conversation between Beth and Josh is wonderfully stilted and frustrating. They are both struggling to "say" what they mean without actually saying it. And Josh is already starting to feel Beth pull away from him... that little almost-flinch is so telling.

I remember watching that horribly painful little scene on the show where Josh said "We make a good team" and Beth gave him that fake smile. And it was so obvious, from the expression on her face as she lay in the dark with Josh's arm around her, that she wanted to be elsewhere... :sigh: I feel for both of them. But I agree that the relationship had already gotten a little stale, even before Beth met (or met again) Mick at the fountain. They just weren't meant to be. And I can't help wishing that they'd broken up so that Josh might have had a chance to live through the Tejada case. :hankie:
Thanks, alle :hug: I was hoping that Beth's mind-state would come across that way....she's had an incredible day and been on an emotional roller coaster....she's still on a bit of an adrenaline high and the questions just keep coming. By the time she gets home, she's crashed, physically and emotionally only to encounter Josh laying in wait. The subsequent conversation is exactly as you describe - they need to talk, but under the circumstances where they're both exhausted and worried, everything just comes out wrong.

The scene near the end of 'Fever' when Josh says 'we make a good team' was the inspiration for the conversation in my story. In 'Fever', he was still blissfully ignorant that he was losing her, and Beth's forced smile made it clear she wished he'd go away, if only for that night. But when he kissed the wound on her wrist and she grimaced, all I could think of was she was wishing someone else was kissing it.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

How on earth have I missed this????

This is a wonderful continuation of the earlier scene, as Beth's romance with Josh first loses its sparkle and then begins to fade. I really feel for Josh--he knows he is losing Beth and even knows who he is losing her to but can't think of a thing to do about it.

If only he had found a way to move on that was different than the one that found him.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

jen wrote:How on earth have I missed this????

This is a wonderful continuation of the earlier scene, as Beth's romance with Josh first loses its sparkle and then begins to fade. I really feel for Josh--he knows he is losing Beth and even knows who he is losing her to but can't think of a thing to do about it.

If only he had found a way to move on that was different than the one that found him.
The way I approached this follow-up chapter was how would the story we know have been affected if Mick really had opened the door. If Josh caught Beth returning home, his own fears and jealous thoughts would likely have gotten the better of him.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

maggatha3 wrote:Yes, dsr, Yes, he opened the door...Yes... :hyper2:
And from that moment on, the road not taken...was so perfect..Mick and Beth interaction at its best. And he even called the bite...an act of love!! Yet, the ever so descent Mick apologises for any trouble between Beth and Josh!! As if it hadn't all started already at the fountain.. I wish I could hear Beth's thoughts after she left him... :winky:

Thank you , dsr!! :flowers:
Oh my ,DSR!! I got my wish so long ago and I missed reading it!! What a great continuation to No Regrets! I like the way Beth's mind is working so fast and so clear! The way you describe the awkwardness of the condition of those relations between the three of them in those two parts is so real!!

Loved the bit of Josef in the story! At the traffic lights with the freshie and how he recognises Beth!! Lovely detail!! He is everywhere ,isn't he?

:clapping: :clapping:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is so totally logical, given the conclusion of Fever.

Wish we had seen this filmed. It would have been a perfect fit.

Absolutely lovely...again!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

maggatha3 wrote:
maggatha3 wrote:Yes, dsr, Yes, he opened the door...Yes... :hyper2:
And from that moment on, the road not taken...was so perfect..Mick and Beth interaction at its best. And he even called the bite...an act of love!! Yet, the ever so descent Mick apologises for any trouble between Beth and Josh!! As if it hadn't all started already at the fountain.. I wish I could hear Beth's thoughts after she left him... :winky:

Thank you , dsr!! :flowers:
Oh my ,DSR!! I got my wish so long ago and I missed reading it!! What a great continuation to No Regrets! I like the way Beth's mind is working so fast and so clear! The way you describe the awkwardness of the condition of those relations between the three of them in those two parts is so real!!

Loved the bit of Josef in the story! At the traffic lights with the freshie and how he recognises Beth!! Lovely detail!! He is everywhere ,isn't he?

:clapping: :clapping:
Thanks, Tula :hug: I'm glad you found the story and enjoyed it!! Josef is everywhere and with Mick's scent still on Beth, he knew she had to be the one who got Mick to feed fresh.

Josh is a smart man and even in the series, it didn't take long for him to figure out that he had some serious competition for Beth's affections. I just sped it up a bit. Still, he's not willing to let go without a fight, but everything he says to Beth only pushes her further away.
jen wrote:This is so totally logical, given the conclusion of Fever.

Wish we had seen this filmed. It would have been a perfect fit.

Absolutely lovely...again!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Thanks, Jenna :hug: That's two of us. I would have liked to see Josh a bit more confrontational with Mick in the series, knowing he was losing Beth.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Return to “Darkstarrising's Office”