Alex's Photo Shoot with Aussie GQ Style Magazine Cover!!!

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Alex's Photo Shoot with Aussie GQ Style Magazine Cover!!

Post by allegrita »

Read it... love him... even more. :heart: :hearts: :melts: :happysigh: :rose:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Thank you thank you thank you!

:ghug:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Wow, that was laying it all out on the carpet! What a great interview. Fascinating to see where his perspective's at now, compared to after ML. Very interesting the reporter's take on his previous shows, huh?
After leaving that show, he joined US network CBS and was given his own star vehicle in Moonlight, a campy supernatural drama in which he played a lovelorn vampire-turned-detective (sample dialogue: “All I know that ever since I met you, I’ve stopped saying the word ‘never.’”).
Did they have to use that line out of context? Geesh!
Still under contract to CBS, O’Loughlin’s next vehicle was playing a surgeon in the organ transplant drama Three Rivers. Despite decent reviews, it suffered scheduling and casting problems and flatlined before its initial season was finished.
... and a little thing called writing.

And yeah, Grace, Alle, et al ... ImageImageImageImageImage

Love his fierce determination to keep his kid outta the press. :happysigh: So happy to hear how much he loves Hawaii (and yeah, I can imagine the people there are a breath of fresh air after Hollywood). He seems to be in a great place, finally. Recalling his sad, sad missive after ML's cancellation, this makes me sooooo :teeth: . :twothumbs:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yeah, I was a bit taken aback by the attitude of the writer toward Moonlight, but as I recall, the show did not get a warm welcome in Australia. I wonder if Alex was equally taken aback by that. He has always spoken so fondly of the show, and of the character of Mick. But he has also most definitely moved on, to his credit. This article is about his career, but it's much more a study of his character and his resilience and his determination. I love the way he feels freer to speak in his natural, expletive-laden way in Aussie publications. It's kinda comforting that he hasn't lost his "bloke-ness" in his sojourn in Hollywood. :laugh:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

His "bloke-ness"... I love that, Alle! :laugh:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

allegrita wrote:Yeah, I was a bit taken aback by the attitude of the writer toward Moonlight, but as I recall, the show did not get a warm welcome in Australia. I wonder if Alex was equally taken aback by that. He has always spoken so fondly of the show, and of the character of Mick. But he has also most definitely moved on, to his credit. This article is about his career, but it's much more a study of his character and his resilience and his determination. I love the way he feels freer to speak in his natural, expletive-laden way in Aussie publications. It's kinda comforting that he hasn't lost his "bloke-ness" in his sojourn in Hollywood. :laugh:
While he's still more open with Australian press than American, I also got the sense that he is becoming more careful with them as well. The author spoke of Alex's defensiveness among other things. I don't blame Alex at all for being careful - especially since this author really didn't speak well of his career so far.
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Yeah, he has character in spades. Even with the language (which doesn't bother me) and even when he's joking around, he carries himself with respect and dignity. I love how grounded he is, it's endearing. And it was interesting to see what he said about his conditions. Combined with the asthma he's mentioned in other interviews, it sounds like he really struggled as a kid. Poor guy. :comfort: But maybe that's why he has so much character. "You can't sing the blues until you've lived the blues" and all.

And by the way, dear Lilly, this interview is so good (I like the looong Alex quotes :biggrin: ), it should go in the media links thread (hint, hint). :pray: :teeth:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Alex is great in that interview, down to earth as usual. And the photos.... :cloud9: But, who was the interviewer, it felt that he/she wanted to nail him. God, he is not a politician after all, he is an actor, and a very good one.''A string of failures''? What an expression to use about Alex's career in Holywood so far! Or , did I get it wrong..I really think it was rude. Who the hell did he/she think they are?
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I fall for Alex all over again. What strikes me most in this interview is that he must have had a childhood that would have made any lesser person a loser, a bullying victim. Alex doesn't blame any failure on his condition, or dwell on what he can't do, or see himself as a loser. He stands up for himself, puts the past behind himself, and goes on with confidence and dignity. I guess you can't do Hollywood with any other kind of perseverance, but it's something I highly admire.
:notworthy:
Last edited by francis on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
veema
Mortal

Post by veema »

I have to say that I agree with Maggatha here. I also felt the interviewer was somewhat hostile, in that he puts emphasis on descriptions like "former plumber's apprentice", etc. No mention of Alex's NIDA training, and this is an Australian interview. I also didn't like the dismissive tone about ML, or his completely incorrect comment on TBUP. Not much research there. And I think Alex may have sensed that negativity from the interviewer, getting a bit wary and even a bit "exasperated". On the other hand, I really loved all the Alex quotes and the wonderful insights we get from his frankness.
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

veema, thanks, my thoughts exactly. I would welcome any interview of Alex, of course, but I would rather have him better treated. The parts of quoting him were by far the best part of it and are highly appreciated.He has gone a long way, he knows it and gets stronger achieving his goals step by step,plus he is combining careful with sincere in a great way!

I have had few students with ADD and OCD and they too had difficulties at school and teenage life. It was a bit, but only a bit easier for those who were treated for it , but still..it can be heartbreaking. It is miraculous though that those kids learn to deal with it and all of them have gone through it and made the very best of themselves in later life. Meeting them now - all my students come over for a cup of coffee very often- makes me realize they had been strong indeed! It seems to have been the same for Alex. I wish he had had people around him to make it better. Did you notice what he said about his girlfriends having to wait for an answer for several minutes? Haha :hyper: , do you think they would mind?
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

HotMicks wrote:And by the way, dear Lilly, this interview is so good (I like the looong Alex quotes :biggrin: ), it should go in the media links thread (hint, hint). :pray: :teeth:
Done. :twothumbs: :smooch:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

High def, Girlfriend!!!!!!!! :clapping:

And as to HIS girlfriends, I have NO idea how patient they might have been, but I betcha there's a couple by now who wish they'd been patient, or whatever, enough to keep him. :whistle:

I think the saddest sentence in the English language would be, "I used to date Alex O'Loughlin."
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I'm looking forward to hi def on the shot with the fire. That one is unique and probably needs to be posted in my cube. (I'm not going to say the word that is obvious here. :laugh: )

Return to “Pictures of Alex”