"Too many login attempts" notifications

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

"Too many login attempts" notifications

Post by allegrita »

Dear Moonlightaholics,

Some members have reported that, when they log in on the board, they get a notification that they've made too many login attempts, and must answer a question in order to log back in.

This may be related to a new security feature we've recently installed, which is designed to protect us from automatic spammer registration attempts. It requires anyone trying to register to answer a simple trivia question about the show.

None of our members should have ANY trouble answering the trivia questions, but if this has happened to you, would you please send me a PM? There may be a bug with the security feature.

If you have trouble logging in on the board, and need to reach me via e-mail, please send a message to: allegrita at gmail.com (replacing the "at" with an @ sign)

Thanks!

Your admin/mod team
jmc
Rogue vampire

Re: "Too many login attempts" notifications

Post by jmc »

:phew: Glad it was an easy question, my answer was accepted, and I was able to get back in.

I've been unable to get back in to Moonlightforever for the last couple of weeks. Kays even changed my password and I've tried different computers, different operating systems to no avail. :sigh:

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

Hi!

I tried to log in today and got the security question... I'm fairly certain I got it correctly but I didn't get in anyway :hankie:
Luckily I am always logged in at home and I really should have been working anyway...!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Just to let everyone know, Tam and I exchanged PMs about this, and figured out what the issue was. The question-and-answer security is still sometimes notifying people that they've exceeded their login attempts, but if you answer the questions, it does let you login to the board. :thumbs:

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”