Important announcement from Phoenix to all members

greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Re: Important announcement from Phoenix to all members.

Post by greenleaf9 »

Oh Phee--I'm gonna miss you! :hug: I'm so sorry you have to leave but I completely understand. I'm keeping you in my thoughts. I hope you can still find time to drop by every now and then. You gave us this amazing Moonlight home and I thank you for that. :heart:
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Phee, I am grateful to you for starting this little community, and for making sure there was a back-up plan.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Enjoy the time you have with her. We will be here whenever you have a chance to stop in. Best to you, hon. :heart:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Oh no, Phee. Beautifully stated sentiments here, and I can't think of much to add at the moment, just that you're loved by me too. :smooch: You will be in my thoughts and prayers during this trying time. I'll PM the rest.

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Kara wrote:Hi Phoenix - I am truly sorry for the difficult times you are experiencing personally. I can only hope that your writing will ease your mind and heart a bit. I'm sure you will be greatly missed here, :comfort2: but I'm equally sure that everyone understands.

I want to thank you for welcoming me to this board. This and the other ML sites are a source of comfort for me when RL gets to be too much. My way of escape if you will. So thank you once again. Hope to see you around here sometime.

Take care and God bless. :rose: :wave:

Aloha,
Kara
Thank you, Kara. :hug:
AussieJo wrote:Oh Phee....... :hankie: :hug: :comfort2:
I'm so sorry to hear about your mum and that you have health problems too.
But pleased to here about your writing plans.
I wish you well and hope you will visit from time to time. :rose:
Thank you, AussieJo. :hug:
francis wrote:Phoenix, you will be sorely missed even though you have the most capable mods to keep this board up and running.
You are part of my extended family now and I wish you all the best for the future. :hankie: :sadface:
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, especially as you're dealing with a hard time in your life. I hope writing professionally works out for you, I know you're a great writer, now show the rest of the world.
I'm personally very happy that you leave your stories up for us to enjoy, maybe I'll re-read some of them when I start missing you just too much.

Please come back when you feel you can.
I'll miss you. :hug:
Thank you, francis. :hug:

You’re part of my far-flung family, too, francis – and I’ll miss you.

And from your lips to God’s ears re: my writing. (There are no vamps in the fiction I write, so you probably wouldn’t recognise my work. Plus, it’s all PG-13 or lower, so definitely unrecognisable!) :rolling:
Luxe de Luxe wrote:Oh, Phoenix.... :Mickangel: :Mickangel: :Mickangel:

I feel... I feel... I can't tell you how terrible I feel hearing that news. I'm bereft. I can't imagine MLA without you.

I am so sorry that circumstance has forced you to make the decision that you have. Of course you need to do the thing that's going to be best for you and for your loved ones. I wish you all the best and hope your health improves as quickly as possible. If something good happens on the professional writing front, please let us know.

I'll really miss you, Phee. Take care.

Luxe xxx
Thank you, Luxe. :hug:

I’m finding it hard to imagine life without MLA on my mind constantly. (When I’m not here, I’m frequently smilie shopping, or skin shopping – which is nowhere near as dirty as it sounds – or trying to wrap my mind around some technical issue.) :witsend:

The only truly noteworthy news on the writing front will be when I manage to (1) finish and (2) sell the trilogy of novels I abandoned the moment I first saw Mick St. John. And when that day arrives, (with permission from the management here), I’ll be back to throw the biggest party MLA has ever seen. :celebrate:
darkstarrising wrote:Dearest Phee, first, thank you for setting up MLA. As you said, it is a very special place with very special people. :rose:

While I'm sorry to hear of the personal difficulties you face, I've been there and know that all your energies have to be focused on your family. You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Finally, thank you for being you and sharing your gifts with us, your second family. Whenever you can, please stop by, even if it's just to say hi. :hug:
Thank you, DSR. :hug:

I already miss everyone and I haven’t even left yet. (I’m gonna be a basket-case on the 11th.) :hankie:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

:hankie: :hankie: :hankie:

Oh Phoenix, I'm crying right along with you - at this news, at your RL situation and at the agony this must have added to your already hefty burden. This place IS your baby and I can only imagine how hard it is for you to do this, but you are demonstrating the good sense, generous heart and communal spirit that is the hallmark of "your baby."

You absolutely must put your RL first now, and I don't know if there is enough karmic energy in this universe to cover all the good karma MLA members want to send your way. But I hope there is, because you deserve it. Please know that we are all here for you every day, even though you can't be with us. I'm not very religious, but I've just put a reminder in my calendar to send you some positive thoughts and energy every morning. I don't presume to know what you're going through, but I do know how hard letting go (in your case, MLA) can be and I hope you feel free now to concentrate on your health and your time left with your mum. She has a very special daughter, and I'm sure you are a comfort and a huge help to her.

As for MLA, you know how special I think this place is. And ALL credit for that goes to you - for taking the risk, for picking THE BEST mod team and for creating an environment for us that is totally devoid of any of this: :slappy: . And that, my dear, is truly an incredible feat in this fandom. I still marvel at how drama-free this place is.

I am so glad you are not saying goodbye "forever." I hope you drop by occasionally (maybe for some strength and laughs) and I truly hope when life gets a little easier for you, you will come back as an admin, mod or member and spend more time with us again. It won't be the same without you. After all, who is going to grace our threads with such lovely Mick/Cora banners? And I thank you so much for leaving your fic, because I haven't had a chance to really dive into the fic yet, so I'm still looking forward to reading your stuff. And much good luck to you on pursuing writing as a profession.

I don't know what else to say to convey how much you mean to us and how much you will be missed (even though we know we are in good hands with Alle and the mods), so I will simply give you a 21-smiley salute... each one conveying the specialness of Phoenix:

:grouphug: :wings: :help: :lollipop: :ninja: :cupcake: :MickCora: :arrow: :ugeek: :lollipop2: :yinyang: :flowers: :rolling: :cheer: :hyper2: :cloud9: :quill: :yes: :bows: :flowers: :hearts:

And finally, many, many of these to you from us:

:ghug: :smooch: :comfort2: and mostly :heart:

Take care, Phee, and until we meet again....
Last edited by HotMicks on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
lynnrxgal
Fledgling

Post by lynnrxgal »

Dearest Phoenix: I am adding my best wishes to your upcoming endeavors. I lost both of my parents within the last few years and I applaud your wishes to spend good times with your mother. Enjoy...

MLA has been a sweet haven for me as a ML fan from the very beginning (of my addiction to ML circa '07). I really do not wish to let go of the magic of ML, and I thank you for your support, financially and creatively, for this site. Hugs to you for your hard work in keeping the spirit alive. Come visit often!

Good luck in your future plans and please keep us ( and MLA ) in your heart!

Lynn
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

rijane wrote:Sorry to hear of your mother's illness and this is a completely understandable, if sad, decision. Thank you for giving me an ML fandom to quietly stalk from time to time and for leaving it in very capable hands.

Best wishes and prayers for you and your mother,
ri

:hug:
Thank you, ri. :hug:
cassysj wrote:I'm very sorry to hear about your mother's illness. You are absolutely right in wanting to spend as much time as possible with her.

Good luck with your writing and please pop in from time to time to say hi.

You built an amazing community here and from someone who has been involved in various fandoms for 27 years this is the most peaceful and friendly place I've been.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Thank you, Carol. :hug:

While I admit to a little bias – but only a little – this place is very special. Thank you for confirming that. :smooch:
tucutecats wrote:I wish you all the goodluck in the world >I know you will be successful in your writing career because you are very talented and if you write a book, let me know ,I will buy it,I promice :heart: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Thank you, tucutecats. :hug:

I’ll hold you to your promise to buy the book! Now I’m guaranteed to sell two copies. :reading: :snicker:
wondergirl9847 wrote:Miss Phoenix, thanks for all you've done to make this the best ML board EVER! Sorry to see you go, but know that there are more important things that need to be handled. :hug: Take care of yourself and see you around. ;)
Thank you, Christy. :hug:
jmc wrote:Phoenix, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and your own health issues. I'm a primary caregiver for an elderly parent so I know some of the demands you face. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :rose:
Thank you for leaving your stories and lovely banners up for us to continue to enjoy. I love to slip in at night in my robe & slippers to quietly browse around. :reading:
Best wishes with your writing career! This fandom is blessed with wonderful, talented writers and I think you guys should be published so everyone can read your work.
Thank you for having the vision to create this board. We were a battle-weary ragtag of refugees when we first stumbled in here but we've cleaned-up and settled down nicely, I think, and I hope we haven't been too troublesome for you.
Stop by to visit when/if you can or if you need a bit of support. - And I mean it about the prayers. I work in a lovely, old church and I keep a list! :hug:
Thank you jmc. :hug:

Mum is living in a nursing home / hospice now. It got to the point where I was no longer able to keep her safe here. :bmoon:

And for the record, it was never the members here who caused me the sleepless nights. The learning curve from crazy idea to start a website to actually growing into the role of board admin was a steep one, however. And the board gremlins got the better of me more than once. :grumble:

Thank you for your prayers. They are very deeply appreciated. :yes:

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

one.zebra wrote: :hankie: :sadface: Luxe always says things so well. :hug:

Enjoy the time remaining with your Mom. She will live with you in your heart forever...trust me on this, my Dad's been gone over 10 years, though still with me everyday. :cloud9:
Hugs,
Mary

Luxe de Luxe wrote:Oh, Phoenix.... :Mickangel: :Mickangel: :Mickangel:

I feel... I feel... I can't tell you how terrible I feel hearing that news. I'm bereft. I can't imagine MLA without you.

I am so sorry that circumstance has forced you to make the decision that you have. Of course you need to do the thing that's going to be best for you and for your loved ones. I wish you all the best and hope your health improves as quickly as possible. If something good happens on the professional writing front, please let us know.

I'll really miss you, Phee. Take care.

Luxe xxx
Thank you, Mary. :hug:

My father passed more than two decades ago, so I know that we learn to cope, or adjust, or something. :sigh:
selene.sbp wrote:I`m sorry that you're going through such hard times ... :roll:
Best wishes and prayers for you and your mother in these difficult times :comfort2:

Kisses :rose:
Thank you, selene. :hug:
Fleur de Lisa wrote:Phee~~

If only I had the words of a talent such as yourself, to convey the many conflicting emotions I am feeling.

Gratitude---Immense, immense gratitude for birthing this site and giving us the gift of a peaceful, loving ML environment in which to visit.

Sorrow----that life is giving you so much to deal with right now.

Joy
--because coming here has brought me that, and will continue to--which will be part of your legacy.

Peace---of which I wish you much of.

Hope---for better days ahead for you and your loved ones.

I am a firm believer in karma and positivity. Although you are going through an incredibly tough time now, I believe with all my heart that you will come out the other side stronger, healthier and more successful than ever in your endeavors.

Last but not least:
Love ---self-explanatory :heart:
Thank you, Fleur. :hug:

Now if I could just find the talent to articulate everything I’m feeling...
Lilly wrote:Obviously, the mod staff has known about Phoenix's plans for a little while, as we've had to make preparations for this change. Still, it doesn't make it any easier to see this official announcement in writing here today.

I just want to assure Phoenix, my fellow mods, and all the members of our board that I'm committed to doing everything I can to help keep this transition smooth and to keep the love of Moonlight alive and flourishing here at MLA as we move forward. Phee will be missed, but her vision will be nurtured in her absence. :heart:
Thank you, Lilly. :hug:

Making the announcement official has been hard - even for those of us who knew it was coming. :comfort2:
allegrita wrote:Dearest Phoenix,

When you asked me to take the board, I cried. Big tears. Because I know how much MLA means to you, and how hard it must be for you to give it up. :hankie: :bmoon: :Mickangel: :comfort2: And honey, I will miss you more than I can possibly say. :hug: :sigh: But you have to do what's right, and I support you completely in your decision, sad as it makes me. I am honored at your faith in me, and I promise to do my very best to be worthy of that faith.

You've created a wonderful place--a happy, friendly home where we can be comfortable to express our love of all things Moonlight, to write and talk and share favorite pictures. MLA is a place for us to remember, and reminisce, and look back with great fondness on our Little Show... but also a vital, vibrant, living place where we look forward in lots of ways.

It's my goal to make this transition as seamless as possible for everyone here, and to carry on your work of making MLA a happy, safe community of friendly people. I'm so grateful to you for putting together this amazing mod team. With their help, and the participation of our wonderful community, I have no doubt that MLA will go on for a very long time.

Love,

Allegrita

p.s. Dear MLA members, I'll have more to say to all of you, but I don't want to hijack Phoenix's thread! :ghug:
Dearest Allegrita,

It’s all been said in countless emails, heaven only knows how many PMs, and through hours and hours of IM discussions.

In essence, thank you for taking on this responsibility. No matter how much we love this place, it takes work to keep it running smoothly. I trust you and the mods – as I have always done – to take care of "my baby". Well, your baby now. And I trust the members will be as lovely – and as patient if things go wrong – with you as they have always been with me. (This board creates its own kind of magic...)

Love,

Phoenix

PS - no smilies this time. (Sorry folks, it's a private joke.)

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

PNWgal wrote:Sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest thing in the world to do, and sometimes the things we love the most are the things we need to give up for our own good. Giving up something you created and leaving it in the hands of others is a very hard thing to do, but Phee, for you right now it's the right thing to do.

You have to concentrate on you and mother and your career. We will miss you terribly, but you have to do what's good for YOU. Rest assured you're leaving the place in good hands. :ysmile:

There's a hotel chain here in the States whose slogan is "We'll leave the light on for you." The light's always on for you here, sweetie, anytime you want to come back. :hug:
Thank you, PNW. :hug:

We’ve known each other for three years or so, and I never did quite figure out the best way to abbreviate your screen name – but as all our Aussie members would know, the shorter the nickname, P, the more you’re loved.

Thanks for leaving the light on. It’ll be a beacon when I can make it back. :hearts:
librarian_7 wrote:I'm not sure what I can add to what's been said, but just wanted to add my voice to the chorus...Phoenix, our dear Firebird, you had a vision for this site, and you honored me and the other mods in asking us to help you realize that vision.

I know how hard this decision was, and how many tears have been shed over it...and perhaps the consolation here is that the site will go on, in the hands of Allegrita and the rest of us. You are trusting her, and we are trusting her, to carry on in a manner that will do honor to Moonlight, to your vision of this peaceful, friendly place, and this community of fans.

As P'gal said so rightly, the light will always be on for you here. Times may change for you...and after all, aren't phoenixes famous for rising from their ashes?

Lucky
Thank you, Lucky. :hug:

It has been an honour working with you all to create this special little Moonlight haven, and yes, knowing the site will go from strength to strength is the only consolation, at times.

Phoenixes can and do rise from the ashes, so time will tell if I can pull off that particular piece of alchemy. :bows:
wpgrace wrote: :sigh: A little speechless... but... Love Phee. :heart: Will miss her. :bmoon: Wish her the absolute best. :pray: Am grateful. :hug: Forever grateful. :rose:
And may I compliment Phee, Alle, and their team, for the most graceful exit ever. In a fandom not exactly known for graceful exits.
You are a classy, clever crew, ladies. :ghug:
Thank you, Grace. :hug:

And yeah, we is a classy bunch, for sure. :curtesy: :curtesy: :curtesy: :curtesy: :curtesy: :curtesy: We write real good, too. :teeth:
MoonShadow wrote:Phoenix,

I hope you never doubt how much you are appreciated and loved. I understand exactly where you are, I've walked this path and if you want to talk please feel free. Thank you never seems like enough. But take my heartfelt thanks for everything you have done. I certainly hope that you drop by when time allows and say hello.

be well, and best regards.
MoonShadow
Thank you, MoonShadow. :hug: :smooch:
Tam wrote:Dear Phoenix,

we haven't spoken much personally, but I'd still like to add a little reply for you too. :comfort2:

I understand how hard this decision must have been for you, and I wish you all the best.

I met many wonderful people on this forum and it had brought me a lot of great things, inspired me to be creative again, boost my self-confidence, and so much more- and I have you and your awesome group to thank for. You rock!! Thank you so much for that. :hearts:
Thank you, Tam. :hug:

As this board grew, the time and opportunity to get to know the members individually slipped away, even though I was acquainted with many of you from other boards. However, I have taken enormous pride in watching the creativity of various members flourish here, even if I haven’t had the time to comment.

I love your magazines. :twothumbs:

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

moonlightlover60 wrote:Phoenix I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and saddened that you will be leaving the board. But you are doing the right thing, there's northing more important than your family and your health. You are definitely leaving the board in good hands, Allegrita has always been so kind and helpful whenever we had a question or problem. I wish the best to you with your writing and thank you so much for starting this wonderful board for us to keep the Moonlight still shinning brightly. :thanks2:
Thank you, moonlightlover60. :hug:
jen wrote:Phoenix

As someone said upthread, I don't know what I can add to what has already been said (and I'll add, far better than I can). You are making the right decision for you, this time with your Mom is very precious. That is where you feel your focus should be now. Be kind to yourself in this process, too. Take care of your own health and welfare.

Thank you so much for your decision to leave your office open for us to continue to enjoy your wonderful fics.

I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that you will find time to visit this wonderful board, your creation, from time to time.

Please always know that you are missed,

Wish you success and a lot of joy as you reignite your writing career.

Love always,

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Thank you, Jenna. :hug:

And please know that every message, every PM, whether short or long is very deeply appreciated. :yes:
kath40 wrote:So sad to hear of your leaving Phoenix. But very understandable you need time with your Mom and time to tend to yourself. My Mom has been gone for 20 years too soon now but my last days with her can never be replaced. Your time spent with your Mom is precious and deserves your attention. Good luck with the writing hope it grows big for you.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you, your mother and family.

((hugs)) Kath
Thank you, Kath. :hug:
VAsusieQ18 wrote:Dearest Phee,

I am saddened to hear about your mother. I went through the same situation not too long ago with my mom. And I can definitely say you're making the right decision to spend every possible minute with her. Those precious moments will sustain you through the difficult times ahead. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

And yes, this site is in good hands. These ladies will care for your "baby" and make sure it continues to grow and flourish. As your time permits, please drop by and visit. I know first hand the stress and time it takes to run a site, so best of luck to you and your family and be blessed.

:hug:
Thank you, Susan. :hug:

At least the board has survived those first horrible months when everyone – management and members – are falling over suitcases and packing crates, wandering around looking for the Library and the lounge. Hopefully in the long term, Alle won’t hate me too much for asking her to take on the responsibility of being owner/admin.
Moonlightsonata wrote:Phoenix - I wish the best for you and want to thank you for all you have done to make this board a welcoming home for Moonlight fans. Take good care of yourself and your Mother. Everything else I am thinking and wishing for you has already been said by others so again thank you so much. When you have some time we will be waiting. Hugs. MLS.
Thank you, Moonlightsonata. :hug:

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

MickLifeCrisis wrote: :comfort2: I can't even think of the right words to say. All I can do is join the chorus. Thanks for all you have done for Moonlight and for us. I'm sure this was a difficult decision. I'll be thinking of you and your mother, and don't forget to take care of yourself, too. And pop in when you can!

All the best for you, Phee. :rose:
Thank you, MLC. :hug:

And you found the right words. I cherish every post in this thread ... every PM ... the fact that people have taken to time to say farewell is priceless.
MoonlitRose wrote:Phoenix,

I'm sorry that you mom is so ill, and absolutely, your family takes priority. Take care of yourself too, and best wishes for your writing. I have no doubt this was a tough decision for you, but the right thing to do for you at this time. :ghug:

Thank you so much for establishing this site, in which we can come to enjoy one of the greatest little shows ever. Moonlight lives on here, and I thank you sincerely, and also all who have made that possible. :ghug: :heart:
Thank you, MoonlitRose. :hug:
bank1115 wrote:Ah Phee I can't tell you how saddened I am to read this. At a very down point in this fandom you created a great port in a storm and I am forever grateful for that. You will be trully missed. I hope you realize how much I personally have appreciated all your help. I wish you nothing but the best as you merge back into your real life. Please know you are loved and visit once in awhile. kays :heart:
Thank you, kays. :hug:

And as I mentioned to you more than once, running a website is an avocation for crazy people – so the staff need to stick together, and help wherever possible. :teeth:
greenleaf9 wrote:Oh Phee--I'm gonna miss you! :hug: I'm so sorry you have to leave but I completely understand. I'm keeping you in my thoughts. I hope you can still find time to drop by every now and then. You gave us this amazing Moonlight home and I thank you for that. :heart:
Thank you, greenleaf. :hug:

I’m gonna miss you, too, honey.
nutmegger911 wrote:Phee, I am grateful to you for starting this little community, and for making sure there was a back-up plan.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Enjoy the time you have with her. We will be here whenever you have a chance to stop in. Best to you, hon. :heart:
Thank you, MN. :hug:

And this board has always been well organised as far as back-up plans go. We even have a Motel just for vacations (and emergencies). You can’t ask for better service than that. :twothumbs:

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

mwj01 wrote:Oh no, Phee. Beautifully stated sentiments here, and I can't think of much to add at the moment, just that you're loved by me too. :smooch: You will be in my thoughts and prayers during this trying time. I'll PM the rest.
Thank you, mwj. :hug: :smooch:
lynnrxgal wrote:Dearest Phoenix: I am adding my best wishes to your upcoming endeavors. I lost both of my parents within the last few years and I applaud your wishes to spend good times with your mother. Enjoy...

MLA has been a sweet haven for me as a ML fan from the very beginning (of my addiction to ML circa '07). I really do not wish to let go of the magic of ML, and I thank you for your support, financially and creatively, for this site. Hugs to you for your hard work in keeping the spirit alive. Come visit often!

Good luck in your future plans and please keep us ( and MLA ) in your heart!

Lynn
Thank you, Lynn. :hug:

MLA, and my extended family here, will always be in my heart... :heart:

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

HotMicks wrote: :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:

Oh Phoenix, I'm crying right along with you - at this news, at your RL situation and at the agony this must have added to your already hefty burden. This place IS your baby and I can only imagine how hard it is for you to do this, but you are demonstrating the good sense, generous heart and communal spirit that is the hallmark of "your baby."

You absolutely must put your RL first now, and I don't know if there is enough karmic energy in this universe to cover all the good karma MLA members want to send your way. But I hope there is, because you deserve it. Please know that we are all here for you every day, even though you can't be with us. I'm not very religious, but I've just put a reminder in my calendar to send you some positive thoughts and energy every morning. I don't presume to know what you're going through, but I do know how hard letting go (in your case, MLA) can be and I hope you feel free now to concentrate on your health and your time left with your mum. She has a very special daughter, and I'm sure you are a comfort and a huge help to her.

As for MLA, you know how special I think this place is. And ALL credit for that goes to you - for taking the risk, for picking THE BEST mod team and for creating an environment for us that is totally devoid of any of this: :slappy: . And that, my dear, is truly an incredible feat in this fandom. I still marvel at how drama-free this place is.

I am so glad you are not saying goodbye "forever." I hope you drop by occasionally (maybe for some strength and laughs) and I truly hope when life gets a little easier for you, you will come back as an admin, mod or member and spend more time with us again. It won't be the same without you. After all, who is going to grace our threads with such lovely Mick/Cora banners? And I thank you so much for leaving your fic, because I haven't had a chance to really dive into the fic yet, so I'm still looking forward to reading your stuff. And much good luck to you on pursuing writing as a profession.

I don't know what else to say to convey how much you mean to us and how much you will be missed (even though we know we are in good hands with Alle and the mods), so I will simply give you a 21-smiley salute... each one conveying the specialness of Phoenix:

:grouphug: :wings: :help: :lollipop: :ninja: :cupcake: :MickCora: :arrow: :ugeek: :lollipop2: :yinyang: :flowers: :rolling: :cheer: :hyper2: :cloud9: :quill: :yes: :bows: :flowers: :hearts:

And finally, many, many of these to you from us:

:ghug: :smooch: :comfort2: and mostly :heart:

Take care, Phee, and until we meet again....
Thank you, HotMicks. :hug:

Now, where to begin? Thank you for your prayers and your incredibly generous praise. I’ll always be grateful to our members that the slappy smilie is NOT well-used around here, (even though I love it).

IF I return [on a regular basis] it’ll be Alle’s decision whether or not I’m permitted back in the staffroom. And I’ve left my Graphic Art office open as part of my cunning plot to lure members over to the dark side. (In other words, if anyone takes a fancy to a banner – especially a MickCora banner – feel free to snag.)

If / when my novels are published, no-one here will recognise the style, as a friend of mine said he’d allow his twelve yr old daughter to read the first one. There’s none of the erotica I’m infamous for [around here] in the trilogy.

And a twenty-one smilie salute, HM? It takes a lot to make me laugh today, but that did it.

PS - I had to respond to HM separately coz of all the smilies. Together we went over the smilie limit per post.

Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

I was trying to write about what this place means to me, Phoenix, and found the words here ....
allegrita wrote:You've created a wonderful place--a happy, friendly home where we can be comfortable to express our love of all things Moonlight, to write and talk and share favorite pictures. MLA is a place for us to remember, and reminisce, and look back with great fondness on our Little Show... but also a vital, vibrant, living place where we look forward in lots of ways.
I'm so sorry you're having to leave because of so many tough issues to deal with in real life. My best wishes go to you and to your mother. But I'm awfully glad there's another reason for your departure, too. It was wonderful to hear that you're also resuming your professional writing career.

Thank you so much for creating this haven, for letting it continue without you, and for putting together the amazing team that will keep it going strong. :heart:
Emerald
Sire

Post by Emerald »

*hugs*

Dearest Phee

Thank you so much for all you've done. You know we're all here if you need us. :hug: :flowers: :ghug: :hearts: :smooch: :friends:
"Vampires are outside the realms of human constructed notions of sexuality"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”