Board skins - Oct '10

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Board skins - Oct '10

Post by Phoenix »

We are currently in the process of upgrading some of the board skins, to make them totally compatible with the board software. :twothumbs: The compatibility issue mainly rears its ugly head when members try and respond to polls.

The "glossy" skins, although lovely, cannot be upgraded, so problems may occur with them that are completely beyond our control. :sadface:

The upgrades will be carried out as time allows during October, and without the need to take the board offline. We will attempt to upgrade the skins without any disruption, however, if you log in to find your usual skin has gone MIA, please wait an hour - as we could be in the process of changing the skins - and then try re-setting your preferences via the User Control Panel.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience. :drums:

Any questions or comments, feel free to post here. :type:

Your admin / mod team.
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Board skins - Oct '10

Post by cassysj »

Is it recommended that people using glossy skins switch as soon as possible? I love my glossy blue but I hate computer bugs. I'll try to find another skin that is as easy to read.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Re: Board skins - Oct '10

Post by Phoenix »

No, Carol. There's no immediate need to switch skins. :noway:

The problem is that every time the tech guys at phpBB alter / upgrade the board software, the glossy skins take one step closer to being obsolete, as they were made to work with a very early version of the board software. Consequently, every time we do a board upgrade, I'm surprised when the glossy skins still work. :phew:

I have searched high and low for skins similar to the "glossies", but they are rather unusual.

The glossy skins don't have bugs as such - as far as I know, they just cause a few minor problems with voting in polls and viewing all the smilies. :sadface:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”