Jason's IMDb STARmeter

Locked Jason threads are here.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Jason's IMDb STARmeter

Post by Lilly »

Actually, Grace, the only thing that we know of that he has in the can is "Searching for Sonny." But that's a pretty good "something." :thumbs:

And, this weeks numbers are just slightly lower..

2010 Oct 10 -- 1,487
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

:twothumbs:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Down another hundred, but still significantly higher than the first half of the year...

2010 Oct 17 -- 1,590
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

We need to get our boy out in public a little... I wonder if he'll go to Sundance?
JKsGirl
Fledgling

Post by JKsGirl »

allegrita wrote:We need to get our boy out in public a little... I wonder if he'll go to Sundance?
I know :sigh: I'm thrilled that Alex got Hawaii 5-0...but all the Alex news is making me miss Jason an awful lot. I know he's enjoying family time, but I'm looking forward to seeing him out and about again :hearts:

Without the dark we would never see the stars.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

This week's number...

2010 Oct 24 -- 1,690
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What can we do to (individually) improve his number? Does visiting his page help? Visiting SfS? Just wondering... :chin:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

allegrita wrote:What can we do to (individually) improve his number? Does visiting his page help? Visiting SfS? Just wondering... :chin:
Based on this statement from IMDb, I'd say no....

STARmeter rankings provide a snapshot of who's popular based on the searches of millions of IMDb users. Updated weekly, these rankings also graph the popularity of people over time and determine which events affect public awareness.

I'm not finding it right now, but at one point, I read an FAQ answer on the site that indicated that there were so many searches going on, the results really couldn't be manipulated in any significant way by a few people repeatedly searching an actors name.

Remember, though, this number is meaningless in terms of his prospects. It only shows how much his name is being searched on IMDb. If the number of searches on his name is high, it means there's a lot of buzz. The buzz could be good -- like it was for Minka Kelly last week when her number jumped from 367 to 5. Or, it could mean the actor just got arrested for wandering around Beverly Hills wearing nothing but cocktail napkin from his favorite night club. :whistle: As an example, Randy Quaid's number shot up from 2374 to 90 due to his recent run-ins with the law.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:rolling: Oh my goodness... :snicker: :laugh: :giggle: Somehow I can't picture that particular scenario ever happening to Jason. Logan Echolls, maybe... but not Jason.
JKsGirl
Fledgling

Post by JKsGirl »

wandering around Beverly Hills wearing nothing but cocktail napkin from his favorite night club
I would love to see that!! And I wouldn't mind where the napkin was from ;)

Without the dark we would never see the stars.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

allegrita wrote::rolling: Oh my goodness... :snicker: :laugh: :giggle: Somehow I can't picture that particular scenario ever happening to Jason. Logan Echolls, maybe... but not Jason.
Well, with Logan Echolls, it'd not be his favorite club, but some low-life dive that he had no business being in...and chances are, Weevil would've had something to do with it.

Man, if I had any tendency to write VM fic, this would be downright tempting. :giggle:

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:teeth: Dare ya. :whistle:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Heh. Maybe for Christmas.

Lucky
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

IMDb finally put up the STARmeter numbers that were due out Monday. :roll: No big surprise...

2010 Oct 31 -- 1,787
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Want a new show... bad...

Return to “The Jason Archives”