Fabulous "Film Ink" interview

Locked Alex threads are here.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Fabulous "Film Ink" interview

Post by redwinter101 »

AOLR has posted a great (and I mean GREAT) interview with Alex here (from the Australian magazine Film Ink): http://alexoloughlinrocks.com/latest-he ... ild-streak

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Fabulous "Film Ink" interview

Post by francis »

That's a great interview, redwinter, thank you! He is really open with some interviewers, and more guarded with others. He probably likes to shock them with his blunt explanations. :snicker:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Great interview. However, you can tell that he's inching toward that moment when the media is going to start investigating him to find out details - like what he was doing when he was travelling, Saxon's mother's name and where the rest of his family lives, who the "we" is in the statement "we were chased by the papparazzi because they wanted to know where we live".

He's probably looking forward to Hawaii to be off the radar.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

My favourite bit:
I’m living my dreams, and that’s really cliché, but I’m so happy right now. I’m so happy with my work. I’m healthy, I’m fit, I’ve got a great job, and I’ve got friends. I go home and I’m just me! I am who I am, I’m Alex – I’m a son, I’m a brother, I’m a father, I’m a lover… I’m a whatever I am. But it’s just me.”
I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear Alex talking about being happy... :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I love this interview.

You know, maybe one of the good things about the inch by inch way that Alex has become known is, he's had time to learn how to contend with the press. I think he handles them just incredibly skillfully. He reveals bits of himself, so he's never boring, but he also never goes overboard with the Shocking Revelation or the Pedantic Self-Centered Introspection. He comes across as intelligent, witty, amazingly humble, thoughtful, kind, centered, and playful.

This is one of his best ever, I think. And yeah, the happy Alex is just wonderful. Thank you, Red.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

wpgrace wrote:but he also never goes overboard with the Shocking Revelation or the Pedantic Self-Centered Introspection.
So I may love Alex dearly, but I do not have the words (and I got a LOT of words) to express my love for the ever-awesome Grace. So I'll settle for big, slashy :smooch: instead.

Red

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

That's a lovely interview. I really like the straightforwardness of Australian media. The lack of media frenzy and star-craziness there allows actors to be a lot freer in the way they respond to questions, and to be thoughtful and a little more thorough in their remarks. Much less of a "sound bite" style. Alex is a fascinating guy when he's allowed to be...not just talking about himself, but talking about his view of the world he lives in. I'm grateful to mizzoH and Ozbella for sharing this with us, and to Red for bringing over the link.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Lovely. Alex sounds like he's in a very good place and that put a big smile on my face.

My question?
We got chased by paparazzi the other night, who were trying to find out where we live
Who's 'we'?
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I was wondering the same thing, GA.

Who is this "we" he speaks of? :chin:

A very nice interview - the interviews I love best are the ones when Alex is just...Alex. Not Hollywood Alex, but the Alex I fell in love with - that sweet, down-to-earth, rough-around-the-edges Aussie who just happens to be the most beautiful man I've ever laid eyes on.

Oh yeah - and he's talented, too. :teeth:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

"We" isn't very descriptive or revealing, really.
Could mean anybody he happened to be with that night... friend, family member, assistant, agent, chauffeur... or could just be the royal "we."
I would love it to be a real "we", a significant-other "we", but it truly could be anybody... or nobody.

And :giggle: , yes Pgal, he IS talented. Verrry talented. Sigh-inducingly talented. :happysigh:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

Love this interview, too. So glad Alex has good friends like Jack and that he was able to learn so much from him.

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.

Return to “The Alex Archives”