"The Back-Up Plan" - news, links, discussion (part 8)

Locked Alex threads are here.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

"The Back-Up Plan" - news, links, discussion (part 8)

Post by librarian_7 »

This one might get us through opening weekend. Maybe...

Lucky
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: "The Back-Up Plan" - news, links, discussion (part 8)

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

....don't count on it, lucky!

8:16 cst---BUP ad on Fox during Glee. (for those of you recording) This one had lots of Alex in it.
Not that I was paying attention to the commercial or anything :whistle:
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Cool, I can visit this thread before anyone posts! :snicker:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:....don't count on it, lucky!

8:16 cst---BUP ad on Fox during Glee. (for those of you recording) This one had lots of Alex in it.

Sure you weren't.....my guess is that you, like some of the rest of us, can quote them at this point :snicker:

This being Tuesday, we might make it through the weekend, but with the premiere tomorrow night, Rachel Ray tomorrow and the opening on Friday, we might not.....
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

darkstarrising wrote:

Sure you weren't.....my guess is that you, like some of the rest of us, can quote them at this point :snicker:

This being Tuesday, we might make it through the weekend, but with the premiere tomorrow night, Rachel Ray tomorrow and the opening on Friday, we might not.....

:giggle: Yeah, I can quote pretty much all of them, except for the clip that highlights the shirtless wonder that is Alex. Then words seem to fail me. I am supposing there are many others here with that same problem?
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:
darkstarrising wrote:

:giggle: Yeah, I can quote pretty much all of them, except for the clip that highlights the shirtless wonder that is Alex. Then words seem to fail me. I am supposing there are many others here with that same problem?
*dsr raises her hand, for words of the shirtless wonder that is Alex have left her speechless* :whistle:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

dsr~~there you go again with your pretty writerly words!

I bet you and I alone could fill up a BUP page! Or as you would say:
Thou along with thee, wouldst complete the open space with which thoughts are presented, with words of Alex's loveliness whilst visions of Alex dance in our heads?.....
........I am no good at this
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Arrghhhhh!!!! :witsend: :banghead: :grumble: According to Moviefone my local theater is not carrying The Back Up Plan. Although moviefone also said my theater wasn't carrying New Moon and didn't list it until the Friday it opened.

I will get to see it but maybe not this weekend, but it has to be before next weekend because I'm going out of town. :sigh: :no:
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

cassysj wrote:Arrghhhhh!!!! :witsend: :banghead: :grumble: According to Moviefone my local theater is not carrying The Back Up Plan. Although moviefone also said my theater wasn't carrying New Moon and didn't list it until the Friday it opened.

I will get to see it but maybe not this weekend, but it has to be before next weekend because I'm going out of town. :sigh: :no:

Oh honey, that would NOT be good---consider calling the theatre itself, bypassing Moviephone altogether. Is this a big theatre? If it is, I would assume a movie getting this kind of attention would definitely be showing there. Does anyone even know what other films are opening this week-end? I haven't been paying attention, have been a bit, ahem, preoccupied.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:dsr~~there you go again with your pretty writerly words!

I bet you and I alone could fill up a BUP page! Or as you would say:
Thou along with thee, wouldst complete the open space with which thoughts are presented, with words of Alex's loveliness whilst visions of Alex dance in our heads?.....
........I am no good at this
That you are, dearest :smooch: and yes, we could easily fill a BUP page or two...although I know what vision is going to dance in my head tonight....I should never have watched the Kimmel clip before going to work, did me in the rest of the day. Just watching him walk onstage was fun. Actually, it was more than a walk, less than a strut....anyway, another BUP ad just aired and Mr. dsr is watching and hasn't said a word.....
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Dear friends, I got to watch the movie tonight, at the Australians in Film event. And then I sat in the third row while the Man Himself took some questions from the moderator and from the audience, including our own Lunalux.

The movie is pretty much what you'd expect. Standard rom-com script, cute and light and pretty fluffy. But the acting of Jennifer Lopez and Alex pulls it up from that standard. There are honestly touching moments here. The story may be the same old same old, but the acting and the chemistry between the leads elevates little story way up from its humble origins. It's not great art, but it's a lovely little film about people who really care about each other.

After the movie, Alex came onstage looking incredibly put together, with a little bit of scruff (but not too much), a black shirt, black jacket and black jeans (with the cuffs turned up), a black-and-white striped tie, and black low-top Converse All-Stars. He looked... beautiful. :happysigh: :happysigh: Much better, I think, than he has in his more public outings, where it seemed that he was trying for a "look". Here, he was talking mostly to his own people, Aussies in the industry and a few very friendly fans. He looked and acted relaxed, happy, and comfortable, and his dress was much lower key than I've seen this week.

The Q&A started with questions from a moderator from Australians in Film. She asked him a few questions and then opened it to the audience. There were questions from a few female fans, most of which were very thoughtful questions eliciting thoughtful answers. And the final question was from a man, who asked him a very "guy" question about which Aussie team he rooted for. It was a great way to end the session--funny and light, and very Aussie.

Luna and I are going to compile our notes from the question session, and I'll post more soon. Suffice it to say that he was smart and funny and endearing. As usual. :teeth:

After the Q&A was over, I walked up to the stage before he left it, and called his name. He came over and kinda bent over toward me. I told him that he'd been correct in his use of the word "quiff" to describe Jack Lord's hair, and Jimmy K. had been wrong. He laughed and thanked me for telling him, and said it was good to know (that he hadn't been wrong). I cannot remember exactly what was said because all thoughts left my head the instant he locked his eyes on mine... :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts: :melts:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

JEEZUS ALLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

I am so happy for you!!!!!!! :yahoo:
I am so jealous of you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
And I am soooooooo grateful that you shared that with us, with more to come!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts: :smooch:

Oh that is sooooooooooooooo coooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!! :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

wpgrace wrote:JEEZUS ALLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

I am so happy for you!!!!!!! :yahoo:
I am so jealous of you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
And I am soooooooo grateful that you shared that with us, with more to come!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts: :smooch:

Oh that is sooooooooooooooo coooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!! :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:
What she said...

How totally :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: alle!

A couple more articles... this interview is from Toronto City News: Alex O'Loughlin's Back-Up Plan and this is from Calgary Metro News: Alex O'Loughlin up against JLo

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Here's JLo with Regis and Kelly (just her - but I really liked the interview) - and there's a clip at the end that I hadn't seen all the way through before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQNxLpB13Yg

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you, red!!

Regis and Kelly had a lot of personal stuff questions, but I liked how she described when Alex met them the first time.

And the clip!! :heart:
His look when he took the tag off. I almost expected him to bite it off, though.
"You're not that special." Right. Zoe fell for him right then and there. :snicker:

Return to “The Alex Archives”