DVD Hits #1 at Amazon

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: DVD Hits #1 at Amazon

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Cannot wait to go to Target and purchase the 3 copies I am planning on getting. I will prominently and proudly display them in my cart, so that others can peer at them and I can then spread the ML love!
Anyone have any idea what the Target price is?
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Post by janicevictoria »

Did any of you notice the goof on Disc one of the Moonlight DVD? It's on the re-cap of the Fever episode and it shows Beth's boss Moe shot on the floor at Buzzwire and Beth discovering her dead body? I thought it was interesting as that scene is from is from Fated to Pretend and hadn't been filmed at the time Fever was, what with the actor's strike and all....So it would appear that WB had put together that recap for the DVD.
Now if they could do that why couldn't they put together some extras or a gag reel for all us rabid ML fans????
I'm just sayin :evil:

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

janicevictoria wrote:Did any of you notice the goof on Disc one of the Moonlight DVD? It's on the re-cap of the Fever episode and it shows Beth's boss Moe shot on the floor at Buzzwire and Beth discovering her dead body? I thought it was interesting as that scene is from is from Fated to Pretend and hadn't been filmed at the time Fever was, what with the actor's strike and all....So it would appear that WB had put together that recap for the DVD.
Now if they could do that why couldn't they put together some extras or a gag reel for all us rabid ML fans????

You're kidding! I haven't watched my DVD yet... that, frankly, sucks!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

wpgrace wrote:
janicevictoria wrote:Did any of you notice the goof on Disc one of the Moonlight DVD? It's on the re-cap of the Fever episode and it shows Beth's boss Moe shot on the floor at Buzzwire and Beth discovering her dead body? I thought it was interesting as that scene is from is from Fated to Pretend and hadn't been filmed at the time Fever was, what with the actor's strike and all....So it would appear that WB had put together that recap for the DVD.

It makes it a collector's item! (sorry)

I made a scene in Target. I actually squeed in the middle of the aisle when I saw it. :oops: People came over to see what was going on. I immediately went into sales mode, telling everyone how great the show is. Someone commented "Wasn't that the show everyone says they were crazy to cancel?" One woman told me my enthusiasm made her day.

It was truly funny.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

nutmegger911 wrote:
wpgrace wrote:

It makes it a collector's item! (sorry)

I made a scene in Target. I actually squeed in the middle of the aisle when I saw it. :oops: People came over to see what was going on. I immediately went into sales mode, telling everyone how great the show is. Someone commented "Wasn't that the show everyone says they were crazy to cancel?" One woman told me my enthusiasm made her day.

It was truly funny.
Ah, the Tribe. Way to represent NM...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

LynetteC
Kostan Industries intern

Post by LynetteC »

I was a bit sad to see that by Wednesday/Thursday last week, the DVD had slipped to No. 2 in the Boxed Sets/Drama and No. 4 in Television. However, it looks like the Sci-Fi re-runs have increased awareness of the show, because today it's back at No.1 in Drama Boxed Sets and No. 2 in Television! It's still up at No. 8 in the overall Movies & TV category which considering it's history is pretty amazing!

I bet WB weren't expecting *THIS*! :P :lol:

Now, if I could just find Sci-Fi's viewing figures to see how we did on Friday....

L. x
My eternal thanks to Pinkiepie230 for my awesome banner!

My first ever fanfic Revelations (PG-13) Mick/Beth in response to Champagne Challenge #103
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

LynetteC wrote:I was a bit sad to see that by Wednesday/Thursday last week, the DVD had slipped to No. 2 in the Boxed Sets/Drama and No. 4 in Television. However, it looks like the Sci-Fi re-runs have increased awareness of the show, because today it's back at No.1 in Drama Boxed Sets and No. 2 in Television! It's still up at No. 8 in the overall Movies & TV category which considering it's history is pretty amazing!

Now, if I could just find Sci-Fi's viewing figures to see how we did on Friday....

L. x

Tho I did watch the SciFi showing and did not see an ad for the DVD... did I just miss it? It seems it would sell better if they advertised the DVD on the actual show... no?

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

wpgrace wrote:
LynetteC wrote:I was a bit sad to see that by Wednesday/Thursday last week, the DVD had slipped to No. 2 in the Boxed Sets/Drama and No. 4 in Television. However, it looks like the Sci-Fi re-runs have increased awareness of the show, because today it's back at No.1 in Drama Boxed Sets and No. 2 in Television! It's still up at No. 8 in the overall Movies & TV category which considering it's history is pretty amazing!

L. x

Tho I did watch the SciFi showing and did not see an ad for the DVD... did I just miss it? It seems it would sell better if they advertised the DVD on the actual show... no?
It would but on a show that only has one season Sci Fi might not want to run the commercials and hurt their viewership. However, I've heard the commercial was running during Angel reruns on TNT, definitely the right audience.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

cassysj wrote:
wpgrace wrote:

L. x

It would but on a show that only has one season Sci Fi might not want to run the commercials and hurt their viewership. However, I've heard the commercial was running during Angel reruns on TNT, definitely the right audience.
Good to know... I haven't seen one anywhere. But I dont' watch much tv... so stands to reason.

LynetteC
Kostan Industries intern

Post by LynetteC »

cassysj wrote: It would but on a show that only has one season Sci Fi might not want to run the commercials and hurt their viewership. However, I've heard the commercial was running during Angel reruns on TNT, definitely the right audience.
It might have sold better here in the UK if they'd actually advertised it somewhere! I haven't seen a single ad - on TV or in print. :x

L. x
My eternal thanks to Pinkiepie230 for my awesome banner!

My first ever fanfic Revelations (PG-13) Mick/Beth in response to Champagne Challenge #103
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

The DVD is also number one in TV series at Tower video:

Tower video bestsellers

I have no idea if this is a big deal or not but....

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Cannot wait to go to Target and purchase the 3 copies I am planning on getting. I will prominently and proudly display them in my cart, so that others can peer at them and I can then spread the ML love!
Anyone have any idea what the Target price is?
I bought one of my copies at Target on the 20th..last on the shelf. It was priced around $30. I squeed in the aisle too and practically danced my way to the checkout. Of course, I had to give my ML spiel to the checkout girl..and told her to tell her manager that they better "stock up" cuz they'll fly off the shelves!! :D

I donated one set to our local public library and it was so funny to see 4 of the workers come running over to see it...every one of them squeeing and asking questions!! I was so thrilled to be able to tell them about it being back on SciFi.. :D :D And..the dvd I donated is already on the HOLDS shelf...hehehehehehe!! :D :D
laurapesada
Fledgling

Post by laurapesada »

redwinter101 wrote:The DVD is also number one in TV series at Tower video:

Tower video bestsellers

Red
I think it's a big deal that a canceled show is Number One in the Top Seller Rank.
Plus , still number 3 at Amazon , 6 at Barnes& Noble , and out of stock right now at Wal-mart and before going out of stock it was number one at walmart too.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

laurapesada wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:The DVD is also number one in TV series at Tower video:

Tower video bestsellers

Red
I think it's a big deal that a canceled show is Number One in the Top Seller Rank.
Plus , still number 3 at Amazon , 6 at Barnes& Noble , and out of stock right now at Wal-mart and before going out of stock it was number one at walmart too.

That is incredibly cool... and satisfying... to know.

bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

I bought one from Amazon but couldn't wait for shipping. When I got to Target they had two on the shelf. Well, I couldn't buy one and leave the other. Hey...it's every gal for herself. So I have two at home and a third on the way. I'm thinking Valentines Day gifts. Of course, that means parting with them and I want to keep two so unless I find another stock somebody is getting chocolate. :lol:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.

Return to “100% Moonlight”