Follow That Freshie - A Thanksgiving Mystery Ch. 3 (G)

MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Follow That Freshie - A Thanksgiving Mystery Ch. 3 (G)

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Lorig and I cooked up a fluffy little mystery for you for Thanksgiving. (She wore padding this time so as not to be bruised by bouncing ideas flying her way.) We hope you enjoy it!

Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight or any of its characters.
Characters: Mick, Beth, Josef and an OC.
Rated G

Thank you Barnabas for the perfect story banner!

Previously in Follow That Freshie...

“Are you going to tell Josef?”

Mick smiled down at her. “I won’t for the time being - under one condition.” Kylie looked at him expectantly. “That you let me go with you and help serve.” Kylie threw her arms around him in a grateful hug.

Chapter 3

Mick’s phone rang and he checked the caller ID before answering. “Hello, Josef.”

“Mick. I need to fly to London and Paris to take care of some financial matters in person. Not sure when I’ll be back. I trust you’ll have a full report on my desk upon my return?”

“I’ll do my best.”

“That’s what the miscreants in London and Paris told me, too. And they’ll be lucky if they keep their heads.”

“Have a good time, Josef.”

“I will try. Any head rolling will be a bonus.”

Mick ended the call and stood up just as Beth walked into his office. Wrapping her arms around his neck she greeted him with a hug and a kiss. “Hey there, handsome.”

“Hello beautiful,” replied Mick returning her kiss.

Beth rested her head on Mick’s chest and sighed. “Work has been so hectic lately! It’s like we hardly see each other! I’m really looking forward to the weekend. We’re still going out Saturday night, right?”

Mick squirmed uncomfortably and reached up to take Beth’s hands down from around his neck. He looked down at their clasped hands. “Um… about Saturday…” He let his voice trail off, unable to meet her eyes.

Beth stiffened, and slowly pulled her hands out of Mick’s. “Mick! Are you canceling on me again?”

“I’m afraid so.” He glanced at her face and saw the disappointment in her eyes. “It’s this case of Josef’s – it’s taking longer than I expected.” Oh god that sounds so lame. He leaned down and kissed her. “But I promise I’ll make it up to you later.”

Beth didn’t return the kiss and turned away. “This is the third Saturday in a row!”

“I know, Beth, but it can’t be helped. Work is work,” Mick said to her back.

And vampires make really bad liars. Without another word she walked sadly out of the office with slumped shoulders.

Mick watched her go, feeling torn in two. He briefly considered betraying Kylie’s confidence by telling Beth the truth; but he thought better of it. No, I’ll ask Kylie when I see her this Saturday if I can bring Beth along next time.

On Friday Beth went into Mick’s office looking for an envelope while he was asleep in his freezer. His phone chimed that a text message had been received. Thinking it might be important, she moved the papers on his desk aside until she uncovered his phone. She read the message and her face blanched.

Time change for tomorrow night. See you @ 5pm. Kylie

Beth carefully hid the phone back under the papers exactly as she had found it. Her stomach was in knots and she quickly left the office as the first tears began to fall.

MLMLMLMLML

Saturday at 4:30 p.m. Mick got ready to leave. Beth sat on the couch feigning interest in a magazine and disinterest in Mick. He came over and leaned down to kiss her good-bye; Beth turned her face so he kissed her cheek instead. Mick stood up and looked at her with furrowed brows. “Are you okay? I won’t be too late you know.”

Beth turned a page, looking without seeing. “I’m fine,” she said coolly. “You go do what you need to do. I’ll just stay here.”

“Well, if you’re sure you’re alright.”

“I’m sure. Bye.”

Mick stood staring at her for a minute longer then shrugged and walked out the door, closing it softly behind him. She’s up to something. I can feel it.

As soon as she heard the elevator door ding closed, Beth jumped up from the couch, tossing the magazine aside. She grabbed her coat, keys, purse and at the last minute, the binoculars. Taking the stairs, she hurried down to the garage and made sure Mick had left before rushing to her car and hopping in. She brought up the GPS signal from the locater she had taken from Mick’s equipment closet and placed on his car. Two can play at this game, she thought as she pulled out of the garage tracing Mick’s route.

Beth watched Mick park on the street across from an old building and head inside. She parked a couple of blocks behind his car and used her binoculars to read the sign on the building’s lawn. A homeless shelter? What in the world is going on? Suddenly the passenger door opened and someone jumped into her car. Beth screamed.

To be continued...
Last edited by MickLifeCrisis on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
AussieJo
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Follow That Freshie - A Thanksgiving Mystery Ch. 3 (G)

Post by AussieJo »

Ahhhhh!
I'm in free-fall off the cliff!
If I die, I'm blaming you MLC!!

( :snicker: )
Last edited by AussieJo on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
tucutecats
Fledgling

Post by tucutecats »

Is it Mick, is it Joseph, a bad guy or girl. What just happened and now we have to wait. OH you evil evil girl. :Mickangel: :Mickangel:
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Ah-hah, the evil cliffie!!! :devil: Love this story, very intriguing... :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :gasp: :eek2: :fingerscrossed: :nails: :eyes: :eyes: :evillaugh: :bash: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :thud: :hearts: :twothumbs:

mitzie :mooncat:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Who jumped into the car with Beth? Who indeed? :chin:

(But aren't you impressed that Beth STAYED in the car?? :snicker: )

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! :flowers: More on Tuesday!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
draco
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by draco »

Can't wait for the update on Tuesday! Evil, evil cliffie!!!
Very impressed that she stayed in the car, indeed :biggrin:
Mick should have just told her... he didn't have to tell her the whole story but enough to not make her feel betrayed...
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I can't wait for more. You are right MLC it's impressive Beth stayed in the car. :laugh:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Oh, my, will Mick ever learn? Probably not, he's a guy after all. Why not tell her part of the truth, that he's with Kylie and that it's a case?
What an evil cliffie, MLC! You will certainly update immediately to keep us readers from freaking out. :grumble:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:eek2: I'll be on the edge of my seat till Tuesday!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Add me to the crowd behind the :scary: - what a cliffie!

Evil. You are evil!!! Can't wait for the next chapter.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Now I'm glad I didn't get to read these right away. I'm going to mosey on to the next chapter. I don't have to hold my breath all that long. ;)

Poor Beth. Mick should know better thank to try and hide stuff from her. Nothing good ever comes of it.
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Now that is one thing I didn't see coming! Beth thinks that Mick is cheating on her. With Kylie. If she could just continue her surveillance in peace, she would find out her Mick is just being a generic guardian angel, but that last scene turns that on its head.

This is great!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Beth and her binoculars... :rolling: :gasp: :rolling:

Beth seems to have trouble remembering to lock her doors. She should be more careful - it's a dangerous world out there! Good thing she has her own personal guardian angel.
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Yipes!

Beth would totally do something like that--follow Mick if she suspected him of meeting another woman. Much like met Celeste in the restaurant to keep the 'date' she assumed was for different purposes.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

:nails: Who jumped into Beth's car? :eek2:

I really like Josef's comments at the beginning of this chapter. :giggle:

Thank you, MLC! :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!

Return to “Follow That Freshie - A Thanksgiving Mystery”