Anniversaries (Longer Version) PG-13

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Anniversaries (Longer Version) PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended. This is a slightly longer version of the ficlet I did for Guess The Author on MLB. There will be more chapters

Mick saw a pretty blonde girl in a fountain and started to dream.

It’s her. I’ve been watching her for years but now she’s seen me. As the days turn to weeks and months we’re becoming friends. Just friends. She’s in love with Josh and I’m a monster I can’t ever forget that.

Several months later. Now that Josh is gone maybe, maybe there’s hope for me.

Mick admitted he deserved to be loved and started a new life with the pretty blonde.

I’m not running away anymore. I’m going in that door. She wants me. I’m her guardian angel. I gave her all the security that Coraline took. I’m going to take a chance and pray that it works. As he kissed Beth he thought the future is ours for the taking.

Josef's dreams ended when a beautiful sleeping redhead died in a house fire.

I’m still in shock. How could something so simple end all my hopes and dreams? I tried to keep her safe. I kept her existing with the hope that there would be a someday. It all ended with something as pedestrian as a fire. A fire! The adjacent building was destroyed. They were behind in their mortgage and the police suspect arson. How dare they take my building with them? My beautiful Sarah, gone. Maybe she was really gone fifty-five years ago but now it’s real. Final. Now it’s time for me to leave dreams behind. Move forward. Sarah, I hope you didn’t feel anything. I hope you forgive me for everything I did. I stole your life. I screwed up your unlife and I couldn’t even protect you.

Mick went to France to try to rescue Coraline. That was the last time I saw him.

It was three weeks before Mick and Beth’s wedding. Mick got a phone call from Cynthia. She had come up with a plan to save Coraline. She needed help and let Mick know in no uncertain terms that he owed it to his wife. Mick wanted to have a clean start with Beth. He tried to explain to her what he was doing. She was furious but she knew she couldn’t keep him with guilt. If he saved Coraline he would be free to be with her forever. She would convince him to turn her.

A new dream of mine ended when Simone didn’t survive the turning. At least I didn’t have another Sleeping Beauty.

I had been seeing Simone fairly seriously since Sarah’s death. Was it probably a rebound from both Sarah and Lola? Yes. But I enjoyed her and she adored me. It was refreshing to not to be the one who loved the most. She wanted to be a vampire and I wasn’t going to deal with anymore death. Lola, Sarah while they were vampires I couldn’t leave Simone as a defenseless human.

We planned a wonderful night for the turning. We had put all her affairs in order. Went to the theater, made love. She looked at me with such joy. I knew she would do anything to make me happy. I bit her gently, drained her. I gave her my blood but it didn’t work. Not only didn’t she wake up, she didn’t even turn. She died a half hour later. I had her cremated. If Lola and Sarah died by fire Simone might as well. What is wrong with me?

Beth became a vampire after some gang members killed her. She’s my only success story.

I was listed as Beth’s next of kin, her brother. When I got the call from the hospital that she was brutally attacked by a gang and was dying I rushed to her bedside. I knew she wouldn’t last the hour. Dr. Sapna pulled me aside.

Josef. She said. You paid for my medical school. Do you need an immediate death certificate to take care of her?

Yes. I said instantly. Send her down to the morgue.

I’ll call Guillermo she said. Get her out of her though.

I promise. I won’t forget this.

Josef, I owe you everything. Don’t worry about it.

Ten minutes later I was standing over Beth in the morgue. I thought about asking Guillermo to do it but I owed it to Mick. Even if it didn’t work it had to be me.

Unlike Sarah and Simone I bit into her savagely. I practically tore her neck out. No gentle lover’s embrace. This was business and the business of death. I drained her and forced my blood in her mouth. In less than a minute she was sucking at my wrist. Beth wanted to live forever. Guillermo had three pints ready for her to drink. I took her out of the morgue and back to my house. I had to temporarily move the freshies into a hotel. I couldn’t trust a newborn with them.

Beth learned quickly and adapted to being a vampire faster than anyone I ever knew. I only kept her on the bottle a few weeks. She had her first freshie when she was six weeks old. I was able to trust her alone with them at six months.

Beth and I got married. She is such an extraordinary vampire. I never thought that the love of Mick’s life would be mine as well. I had been protecting her in Mick’s absence. Even when I turned her I denied that I loved her. Beth wouldn’t let me get away with that. She told me she loved me. I said it’s a sire’s crush.

Josef, I always trusted you with the important things. Mick isn’t here. I don’t know if he’s alive and being tortured. Dead. Or if he and Coraline are just on an extended honeymoon. I don’t care. He left me for her. I could always depend on you. Always.

Today I received a telegram.

Josef, I’ve finally escaped the Duvalls. Coraline is dead. Is Beth still My Beth or has she moved on?

I don’t do regrets but I don’t know what I’ll tell my best friend.

I never dreamed he was still alive. What was I going to tell him? I drove home to Beth. She came to the door and kissed me passionately. I pushed her away and handed her the telegram. She read it and looked at me with tears in her eyes.

Do you believe it’s really him?

Yes. I said quietly.

Meet with him. Beth said. Find out what happened. Tell him I’m a vampire and you’re my sire don’t tell him anything else.

Beth if you want him, I’ll understand. I won’t like it and I won’t say I’ll never try to take you away but I understand if you need to be with him now.

Josef, I don’t know who he is. He left and does he want me because she’s dead or because he wants me? I know where I stand with you. Is she really dead????? Coraline doesn’t always stay dead.

Do you want me to leave Josef? Beth asked. I could say I was involved with another vampire. I know what his friendship means to you.

Beth, no. I love you. I want you. If you want him I’ll stand down for now but if you want me I’m not noble enough to leave. I’ll meet with him and I’ll hear him out. I’ll tell him as your sire and I have to decide if you’re ready to see him. Then it’s up to you.

All right Josef. I trust you.
Last edited by cassysj on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
carniegal
Kostan Industries intern

Re: Anniversaries (Longer Version) PG-13

Post by carniegal »

Waiting for part 2. Part 1 was very good. I ship MickBeth. I sometimes ship JoBe. With this I could ship MickBethJo, That way there would always be someone to get the wine or blood refills. :gasp: :giggle:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Glad you liked it carniegal. I tend to have JoBe leanings but I don't write much of them.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I really like this and wait for part 2. I'll take whatever pairing you "sell" to us.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Glad you liked it francis. Thanks for reading.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Yes, really liked this cassy. I'm kinda into the whole, pared back thing at the moment and it really works for the structure of the fic. Of course, any angst created by a Jo/Be/Mi triangle is good angst. :devil:
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it!

Return to “cassysj's Office”