1977 Christmas Forgiveness Series PG 13

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

1977 Christmas Forgiveness Series PG 13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters no copyright infringement is intended.

Charles I’m going to call him. Sarah said.

I think you should but only if you’re going to behave yourself.

Charles I’m not a child.

You’re only seventeen in vampire years.

Twenty-two.

We don’t count the years you were sleeping. What were you like at seventeen?

A brat.

Not much has changed.

Charles! I want to make it up to her.

I know you do. I think this is a good idea.

Sarah called a number she hadn’t dialed in ten years.

Hello.

Hello Riley. It’s Sarah Whitley.

It’s been a while.

It certainly has. How are you?

I’m fine. How is your mother? We miss her in New York.

The transition is hard.

I can imagine. What can I do for you Sarah?

I was wondering if you’d like to have Christmas with us.

Christmas? Not a word since your apology letter ten years ago and you want me to come for Christmas. Why?

Cards on the table. Sarah said.

It’s the best way.

Mother misses New York very much. We’ve had a lot of quarrels since she moved here. I didn’t want her to get her own apartment but she insisted.

Sarah a vibrant woman like your mother needs her own space.

Another county heard from. Sarah mumbled.

She got her own apartment despite my wishes. She planned a big Thanksgiving dinner. She had donors, vampires, she invited Hope from New York.

That sounds lovely. Riley said

The day after Thanksgiving we got into a terrible fight over Hope. She kept going on about what a wonderful cook Hope is and how amazing since she hasn’t cooked in years, etc. etc.

Let me guess you got jealous.

A little. It turned into a big fight and now Hope refuses to come out for Christmas even though she’s spent the last fifteen Christmases here.

Hope has a very thick skin you must have said something awful.

She’s not upset about what I said to her. She’s mad that I upset Mother and until I can control my jealousy she won’t come for the holidays.

Sarah sighed. Mother is angry and sad that Hope’s not coming. I’m going to keep working on Hope but I thought if you came out. She said the two of you always went to the Nutcracker.

Sarah I’d love to see Anne again. Riley said But I won’t be the cause of fighting between the two of you. If you can promise me that you’ll be calm.

I will Riley. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I seem to act like a child around Mother.

You really don’t know? Riley asked.

What do you mean?

Sarah when you became a vampire you were reborn in a sense. When you pulled your stunt ten years ago I told Anne I wasn’t angry at you. You were no more then a seven year old child. I told her to try to think of you that way so she wouldn’t be so angry.

Sarah laughed. When I was seven I was always being sent to my room.

Room, freezer what’s the difference?

She told you! Sarah said indignantly. I guess it is kind of funny.

It’s actually sweet. You’re a good and fairly obedient daughter.

Well, she doesn’t send me to my freezer any more. Apparently I’m old enough to be spanked with a hairbrush.

I told her to buy a silver hairbrush years ago. Riley said.

Well, she has one now and she knows how to use it.

Over a jealous spat with Hope, I’m surprised.

No. When she was going to buy her apartment I rushed into the real estate office and said she forged my husband’s name on a check.

Sarah! She must have been humiliated.

She was, when I saw how much I hurt her I felt terrible. Then when she finished with that brush I really felt terrible. I had never even touched silver before and I don’t want to ever again.

Does she know silver burns us? Riley asked.

No. She thinks it’s a slight irritant and I don’t want her enlightened. She would feel so bad if she found out how much it hurt. Even though I had it coming.

You have matured Sarah.

Not enough. Will you come to California and spend the holidays with Mother and us?

Yes I will.

I’m pretty sure I can change Hope’s mind and Mother can have a Merry Christmas.

I’m sure she will. I don’t think you’ll find any coal in your stocking this year. Riley said.

I don’t mind a few lumps of coal, just don’t buy Mother any more silver. Sarah laughed.

It’s a deal.
Last edited by cassysj on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
AggieVamp
Rogue vampire

Re: 1977 Christmas Forgiveness Series PG 13

Post by AggieVamp »

Aww! Sarah the young vampire is maturing. Though I'm sad she really upset her mother & in turn Hope is staying away. Hopefully with Charles coming from New York - Hope will too - and Anne can have a great Christmas.

Karen
Banner by HotMicks

Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional - and I Opt NOT to Grow Up!
:petcat: :petcat:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Sarah is growing up, and like every adolescent she has good and bad days. But she's trying to make up for them. I wish her a very happy Christmas with her mother and Charles and her friends.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Aggie - Sarah puts mouth in motion before brain is in gear. I think Christmas will turn out just fine.

francis - That's exactly how I see Sarah at this point. Maturity will come

Return to “Forgiveness”