2005 A Sad Day for Sarah Pt 11 Forgiveness Series PG-13

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

2005 A Sad Day for Sarah Pt 11 Forgiveness Series PG-13

Post by cassysj »

I do not own any recognizable characters, no copyright infringement is intended. Definite hankie alert.

Anne Whitley’s frail body lies in her bed. The room resembles the hospital bedroom Sarah had fifty years ago. Sarah is by her bedside reading to her. Charles is standing in the doorway.

"Sarah, can I have a minute alone with Anne?

"All right. But not too long Charles. Sarah reluctantly left

"Hi Anne. How are you doing today?

"I’m all right Charles. I’m not going to see tomorrow.

"Probably not.

"You know I’m not.

"Anne, we’ve been asking you for twenty years if you would like to join us. This is really your last chance.

"I’m ready to go Charles. I’ll miss you both so much but I’ll see you again one day. Anne said

"You don’t know that.

"Yes, I do. The world will eventually end and then you’ll come to heaven.

"Anne, I don’t know if I’ll get into heaven.

"Of course you will. I’ll put in a good word for you.

Charles laughed. "You’re very kind.

"I’m so glad Hope came by to visit me yesterday.

"She was happy to do it.

"Mick too, it was very nice of him. Sarah’s going to need support.

"I’ll be there for her. Don’t worry.

"I know that but I’m glad Mick and Hope will be there for you. You’re going to miss me more than you know Charles.

Charles smiled. "I know how much I’m going to miss you Anne. More then any person I ever knew. Including my own mother.

"That’s not true. I can’t wait to meet her. Tell her all about her wonderful son." Charles do me a favor. Make the girls donate in bags now because Sarah could hurt one of them if she tries to feed fresh after I’m gone because she’s going to be so upset."

"Yes, Anne.

"You also need to drink.

"I will. Anne I’d like to say something to you.

Go ahead.

Charles paused and said softly "I love you Mother.

"It took you forty-four years to say that.

"I guess I’m a slow learner.

"You’re the best son anyone could ever hope for. Anne said seriously

"Goodbye Anne. He kissed her gently.

Sarah came back into the room

"Mother, are you sure you don’t want to be a vampire?

"Sarah if I did I would have said so when you first offered.

"Why didn’t you accept? Do you think we’re evil?

"Sarah Anne Whitley! I don’t ever want to hear you say that again! I haven’t had to use my silver hairbrush in a long time but I still know where it is.

Sarah smiled. You threatened a lot. It’s been a long time almost thirty years but I still remember vividly one time you did use it on me.

"You deserved that spanking. Embarrassing me like that in front of the real estate agent.

Sarah laughed. " I was a brat.

"I’ll never forget. I was in the agent’s office with the deposit and you came rushing in and said I had forged your husband’s name on the check. I was so humiliated."

"I never thought you would have had him call Charles and the bank manager to verify the funds. Charles was so furious with me."

"He had every right to be. Anne said. "We had to disturb his business for your tantrum.

"I still say you didn’t have to take Charles’s suggestion to use that brush. I couldn’t even cool off in the freezer.

Anne smiled. "I had no idea it would hurt that much. Why didn’t you heal right away?

"For silver burns to heal you need to drink blood. I didn’t drink till the next day.

"Why on earth not?

"Because bad little girls who get spanked go to bed without dinner. Sarah teased.

"Sarah! I never even did that when you were a child.

"Mother when I looked at your face I realized how much I really hurt you. I felt very guilty. I was terrified you were going to leave Los Angeles because of how I behaved."

"So was Charles. Anne said. "I had packed a suitcase but he calmed me down and convinced me not to overreact.

"I’m so glad he did.

"I never wanted to leave Sweetie. I just wanted to be treated respectfully.

I always had to learn things the hard way. Sarah said.

You did. Anne laughed. We’ve quarreled since that day but that was the last real fight we ever had. That’s pretty amazing when you think about it. We’ve lived in the same city, then next door and finally in the same house and for the most part have gotten along.

"It is amazing. That’s why you should stay Mother. I still need you.

"You haven’t needed me in a long time Sarah.

All right, I want you to be with me.

"Sarah, we’ll see each other again. Children are supposed to outlive their parents.

Not by how long I’m going to outlive you. If we change you, you’ll only look like an old woman. You’ll be strong. Strong as any vampire.

"I’m tired Sarah.

"You won’t be after you change.

"I’m afraid. Anne said

"Of what?

"Promise you won’t tell Charles?

I promise.

"I’m afraid if Charles turned me I might not wake up and you would blame him and he would blame himself.

"No I wouldn’t…..

"If you turned me and something happened you’d never forgive yourself and blame Charles for not doing it since he’s more experienced."

"Mother do you want someone else? Hope would do it if we asked."

Anne shook her head. "I’m too old Sweetheart. I probably wouldn’t survive the transition. Besides Hope’s a good friend to all of us I wouldn’t want to ruin that friendship. If I didn’t make it, you’d never forgive her. If I did you would always be jealous of our relationship.

Mother….

"It’s for the best. Sarah, I had my lawyer transfer our home in New York to you.

"Mother we’re going to miss you so much.

I know that. My beautiful little girl.

Mother, I love you. Please stay with us.

"I love you too. I have to go baby.

"No….. Mother, Mother.

At the age of 93 Anne Whitley drifted off peacefully.

Sarah howled and screamed. Charles was in the room in an instant pulling Sarah off Anne’s body.

"Sarah don’t!" He yelled

"There’s still time. If I bite her now.

"Sarah she doesn’t want it. She could go feral. What would we do then? I don’t think I’m strong enough to be able to put her down. I know you couldn’t.

Sarah sobbed uncontrollably. She never really thought this day would come. This was the first time in fifty years she wished she wasn’t immortal.
Last edited by cassysj on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Re: 2005 A Sad Day for Sarah Pt 11 Forgiveness Series PG-13

Post by Josefismysire »

Beautiful. Where's that damn tissue box?? :hankie: :hankie:
wollstonecraft61
Rogue vampire

Post by wollstonecraft61 »

I loved how you had Charles tell Anne he loved her, then call her Mother. :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:
Banner by the beautiful Alyssa Banner by the EXTREMELY talented eris
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I know this was a tear jerker.

Charles had to call her Mother at least once. He adored her.

Return to “Forgiveness”