Enough (PG-13)

bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Re: Enough (PG-13)

Post by bluedahlia3 »

I don't know who I feel more for. Lucky in such pain and Josef there with her. So sweet. I'm glad you wrote another Lucky story, they're my favorite. (I think because they show Josef's tender side). :dracula:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

“So you were shopping?” he asked, prompting. Under his hand her back tensed again.

She nodded, he thought, and threw one arm across his legs. “I needed some lotion. You know, my special brand.”

“I had no idea cosmetics could be so traumatic.”
:snicker: Soooo Josef.

But how will it all end? :hankie:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

And shame on me for not feedbacking this one sooner!

I so enjoy this dance between freshie Lucky and Josef...it just becomes more and more complicated as we go along.

Josef on the phone to the freshie agency gave me a chuckle or two - I know how frustrating unsatisfied customers on the phone can be. ;-)
“It’s not the first time I’ve heard something like that. Ever since I moved in, everyone seems to assume…we all ignore that sort of remark. It’s just—I got to thinking this time, that it was true.”
Poor Lucky - I can see where she would feel this way, even if it's not true. The heart wants what it wants and she's willing to have Josef anyway she can. It's a hard thing to love a man who's determined to not be loved.
“Josef—do you want to know why it hurt so much?”

“I can guess. Do you see me discarding you so carelessly?”

“Honestly?” she replied. “I think you know how I feel about you. But don’t expect me to lie to myself about you. You will do whatever is best for you.”
Even though she's hurting, she holds Josef accountable. Such strength in this particular freshie.

Lovely job, Lucky. :-)

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

He could see tracks of tears on her skin. The sight both disturbed him and sent a current of arousal running through him.
This has to be one of my favourite lines in all the stories I've read from you so far. I'm keeping it ;) But if I end up using it I'll credit you!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Tam wrote:
He could see tracks of tears on her skin. The sight both disturbed him and sent a current of arousal running through him.
This has to be one of my favourite lines in all the stories I've read from you so far. I'm keeping it ;) But if I end up using it I'll credit you!
Umm, thanks very much for the compliment...but do check before using lines from other writers!

(sorry, but I've been flat plagiarized more than once, and you get sort of sensitive after awhile of that!)

Lucky
Tam
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Tam »

librarian_7 wrote:Umm, thanks very much for the compliment...but do check before using lines from other writers!
I always try to do that, if I can remember where I saw it first. Sadly the fanfic nation is a world of theft by default. Being a writer myself, I do try to be aware of it, though.

edit : what I meant with 'I'm keeping it' was - I'm keeping this in my personal head-library as something that makes me happy. I should have been more clear about that! I have no direct intention to use it anywhere.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

ah, so complex, so painful. Two adults dancing around the so nearly spoken understanding that their two needs are very different. I get the impression here that Josef, while acknowledging his feelings for her are more than there has been in a long while, isn't yet or does not yet consider that he may be in love with her. As a reader, I appreciate the delicate line you draw that maintains the ambiguity.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

It had been a long time since I looked at this one, Luxe, and I appreciate you bringing it back to my attention. It is always so nice to know my stories are being read.

Lucky
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

Poor, poor Freshie Lucky. :hankie: :Mickangel: :comfort2: To know how she feels, to know what she wants, and then to feel used, whored... that is absolutely heartbreaking. :hankie:

I also feel badly for Josef. I have no doubt that he is aware of his feelings for Freshie Lucky. However, his last romantic relationship did not end well, for either party. He may be attempting to protect both himself and Lucky from a bad ending. This brings up a few dilemmas: should Josef focus on the journey, or on the destination? Should he stay safe and alone, or should he be honest and vulnerable? :Mickangel:

This was superb, Lucky! :rose: :notworthy: I'm currently feeling the strongest emotion I've felt as a result of one of your stories (and that's saying a lot). My eyes are actually full of tears. :hankie:

Thank you! :hearts:

ETA: On a lighter note, I loved the conversation between Josef and Annabeth! Especially:
librarian_7 wrote:Sounded like Annabeth was in one of her “I take no random shit from vamps” moods.
:snicker:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

In Josef Kostan's mind, sometimes I think he truly believes that he is the center of all things. He has the power to make everything better, and his money and influence definitely work miracles most of the time.

Lucky recognizes both the horrible falsehood in the hurtful words and the underlying truth. Ever the realist, this makes the injury even worse.

In this situation, I am struck again with the thought that it is Lucky that sees things clearly here. Josef is kidding himself. I hope he catches a clue at some point and Turns Lucky. It is the best thing he could do for himself.

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

awww...Marigold. I have to admit to being pleased at evoking such a response. That does mean I'm doing my job correctly! Although I don't necessarily sit down to write a story, thinking, "ha! this'll make them cry!" ...sometimes the stories work out that way.

And jen, don't think it hasn't occurred to him. There are two things that stand in the way--for one, Freshie Lucky has said she's not interested in being turned. (Though I have to admit, that was some time ago, and there's been a fair amount of blood over the fangs since then...if he asked her again, she might have a different answer.) And for another, I think Josef would be very wary about trying to turn someone he truly cared about, after what happened with Sarah. That's got to be constantly on his mind.

So...we'll see. We'll see what happens.

Writer Lucky

Return to “Josef's Lucky”