Moonlight on SyFy - next marathon November 10, 2011

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight on Sci Fi

Post by redwinter101 »

Christy, you rock. I'd read that there were issues with SciFi not publishing numbers so I'm so happy you found this.

And another increase... :cheer:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Don't thank me, I stole it from Laura at VLF. :lol: She's the awesome one! :clapping:
*Christy*

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Well, my thanks to her. But to you too, for bringing it here :)

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
laurapesada
Fledgling

Post by laurapesada »

redwinter101 wrote:Well, my thanks to her. But to you too, for bringing it here :)

Red
Yes, the numbers went up 62.000 this week . Really cool . :ghug:
1st episode....1'166
2nd ..... .......1'199
3rd .............1'262

:cheering:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

wondergirl9847 wrote:Thank you Laura for finding this!! Ratings went up!! :cheer: Can't wait to see the ratings for Fever and after.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/02/11/ex ... -may/12688

As somewhat of an aside, we get a lot of yakking in the comments about how you don’t need 100 episodes to get into syndication. And it’s true, obviously. Shows like Moonlight (which got 1.262 million viewers last Friday night, SciFi’s ninth highest ranked show for the week) and Jericho obviously made their way into the wild with much fewer than 100 episodes.

This is great to know, great to see... and I'm giving you all the credit... thank you so much, WG!!!!!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Thank you wondergirl!!

I have been driving myself crazy trying to find those numbers---if you are up to it, perhaps you could be our official numbers gal each week?

Wait till Fever airs-----the numbers for that and following it will be huge, I predict.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Wow--thanks Wondergirl! I'm impressed. If we keep increasing the numbers each week, it will at the very least encourage SciFi to keep Moonlight in its rotation of rerun shows. And that's a Good Thing. Anything else is gravy...
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

allegrita wrote:Wow--thanks Wondergirl! I'm impressed. If we keep increasing the numbers each week, it will at the very least encourage SciFi to keep Moonlight in its rotation of rerun shows. And that's a Good Thing. Anything else is gravy...
And, every time ML runs, a vamp gets his fangs..uh, no..that's not quite it.. :confused2:

Oh well, Alex, Jason and gang get their residuals anyway!! And that is a Very Good Thing!! :clapping: :clapping:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Josefismysire wrote:
allegrita wrote:Wow--thanks Wondergirl! I'm impressed. If we keep increasing the numbers each week, it will at the very least encourage SciFi to keep Moonlight in its rotation of rerun shows. And that's a Good Thing. Anything else is gravy...
And, every time ML runs, a vamp gets his fangs..uh, no..that's not quite it.. :confused2:

Oh well, Alex, Jason and gang get their residuals anyway!! And that is a Very Good Thing!! :clapping: :clapping:

LOL!!! I like that. I'm gonna go with that.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Residuals---how does that work? I assumed that everyone gets them whenever their show airs, but I don't know if that's always the case. I thought that there had to be a certain amount of time before the actors themselves could earn extra moola. Anyone know?

One thing about this obsession--it's a friggin' educational experience!! I cannot believe the things I have learned as a result of ML.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Residuals---how does that work? I assumed that everyone gets them whenever their show airs, but I don't know if that's always the case. I thought that there had to be a certain amount of time before the actors themselves could earn extra moola. Anyone know?

One thing about this obsession--it's a friggin' educational experience!! I cannot believe the things I have learned as a result of ML.

And it's all info you'll probably never use again!!

Unless one of your kids goes into the business... and then you're ready to be their agent.

BTW.... pulling for big numbers tonite with Fever... Go ML GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Residuals---how does that work? I assumed that everyone gets them whenever their show airs, but I don't know if that's always the case. I thought that there had to be a certain amount of time before the actors themselves could earn extra moola. Anyone know?

Residuals used to be permanent whenever a show appeared. Example The Honeymooners and Audrey Meadows was one of the first or the first actress to get it in her contract. Got them until she died I understand.

Now with the common world of syndication it is a trickle down effect. There is usually a fee for the actors the first seven times it runs off network and then a lesser fee the next seven times it runs off network and then they usually get nothing or next to nothing. If something airs on cable i.e. Sci Fi instead of an ordinary over the air station they usually get less.

I don't know how these contracts are negotiated specifically now. That was about 10 years ago I knew some were done that way.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Thanks for that Carol... complicated. So the actors may be getting very little for the SciFi showings.

How about for the DVD's?

Which is, I guess, one of the issues the actors are/were threatening to strike over... they still threatening?

skyeeblue
Kostan Industries intern

Post by skyeeblue »

If the ratings do not go up on Fever I would be shocked to me it was the best episode of all of them....
Av by the awsome SS....and my beautiful banner by Eris.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

skyeeblue wrote:If the ratings do not go up on Fever I would be shocked to me it was the best episode of all of them....

Tho folks who never have seen the show won't know that... but those of us rewatching may be more likely to tune into this one, so yeah, hopefully WILL go up... and NEXT week, after SEEING Fever, one would hope we'd gain, or a least keep any gains...

Here's hoping... :thumbs:

Return to “100% Moonlight”