Moonlight Episode Discussion - Ep 6: B.C.

GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Re: B.C. (Episode Six)

Post by GuardianAngel »

Okay, here we go. Finally.

The umm...morning after.

Beth wakes up and realizes where she is, looks down and finds she's in Mick's shirt.

She hears Mick and asks what time it is. He says its early and brings her coffee. He takes a seat.

Beth points to the shirt and asks if its his. He tells her yes - her clothes were wet but they're dry now. She smiles. (Why is she not more embarrassed?)

Mick asks if she remembers much. She responds 'no' then 'yes'. He smiles at her.

Beth explains that the drug made her feel invincible, like she was more than human. Mick listnes. She tells him that she felt like the hottest thing on the planet - like no one could resist her. Mick states that it sounds like she felt the highs without the lows.

Beth wants to know what the downside could be to feeling like that. Mick tells her: the scrounging, the hiding. Missing the things you once loved.

Beth listens as he continues. He misses sunbathing, food. Like the prime rib at Musso's

Now he can't even remember how it tastes. They say its suppose to get easier the longer you live but he doesn't hope so. Beth thinks he would wish for the opposite.

Mick's incredulous. Forget what its like to be human? No way!

Beth happens to look over at the dress hanging near her. She asks if she was wearing 'that'. She looks a bit horrified. Mick just answers 'yeah'.

Beth's embarrassed and responds that that's not like her. Mick informs her that she said that it was the real her. (Good for you Mick - stick it to her!)

Beth sobers up and says she has to get going. She has some apologies to make (I really thought she should have started with Mick)

Mick watches as she ascends the stairs.

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I'm with ya GA... pr!*k-teasing the vampire was probably not good etiquette...

Can I say, AGAIN, how amazing your screen caps and captions are???? It's like watching the actual show, with snark thrown in for free... like that old Mystery Science Theater show...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

I really liked this scene. Liked it the first time I saw it - like it even more on reflection. This is the Mick/Beth that appeals to me.

She's no shrinking violet - she's a little thrilled by the recollection of what happened, even though they skirt around the specifics. She got to Mick and while she may have some regrets about how that came about, I don't think she regretted that it happened. It gave her the courage to do what, let's face it, she'd been wanting to do for quite some time.

And so to Mick - he's no shrinking violet either. He's not making any apologies for getting her undressed and he's enjoying her discomfort (such as it is). He feels the thrill too. This is just such a flirty scene.

And Mick looks so at ease, sitting in that chair. Sigh. Just so gorgeous.

But I agree - her apologies should have started with Mick - but then she wasn't really sorry, was she?

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Of all Beth's looks - this is where she looks the BEST, AFAIC. (Although, I have to admit, I'd be crawling under that couch should I wake up in some good-looking guy's apartment wearing nothing but his shirt.)

I have to giggle every time I hear her ask him "Is this yours?" while pointing to the shirt. Whose else would it be??? :eyes:

And man...I just want Mick to come sit in every chair in my house, just because he does it so well.

AND I just want to shake her until her teeth rattle when she makes that remark about apologies. How about starting with the vampire you came onto the night before?

All in all, a satisfactory complement to a scene I STILL wish would have ended differently.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Gorgeous photos, lovely scene. I don't know about the rest of you, but I never wake up looking that good--especially after going to bed straight from the shower, with mascara running down, and hair not dried. Ah, the wonders of television!

I am torn about the apology deal. Part of me thought that she should have at least apologized for showing up unannounced and pushing his buttons, then again--was she sorry for any of that? Her true feelings came out and maybe an apology would have made it seem to Mick that she was negating the entire evening.

I do think that she shouldn't have been so quick to mention how she had to get to Josh and apologize to him. That was kind of a slap in the face, and really sent mixed messages. Then again, that's what these 2 do so well: sending mixed messages to one another!

:hearts: :heart: :hug: :rose: :smooch: to GA for continally surpassing all expectations!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

But what is she apologizing to Josh for? I never really got that. She didn't compromise his investigation in any way... and he doesn't know about the attempted Mick-seduction, or the parking lot kiss... both of which are what she really owes him for. So what?

I'm still with GA... she owes MICK the apology, if for nothing else than for vamp-tempting while boyfriended... I agree with Red that she isn't sorry, but I apologize, convincingly, for sh!te I'm not really sorry for all the time... it's called marriage.

And I always wake up looking JUST like this... including with the flattering lighting and soft focus camera lens... :evillaugh:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I love this scene (can you tell?) I've always thought Beth should have been a little more embarrassed waking up on his couch, in his shirt after trying to seduce him (especially still being with Josh). She embarrassed about the dress she wore which really wasn't any more revealing than the one she wore to the club but sitting there in a shirt that barely covers her doesn't seem to bother her. Maybe it speaks to the level of comfort between them. And Mick just looks absolutely splendid in his chair with his thoughtful and lustful expressions. As Red said, he's no shrinking violet - he's not evading (a breath of fresh air!)

Hmmm....you guys make some sense (imagine that! LOL); I guess Beth isn't really sorry for what she did so doesn't think an apology is necessary. At least not about trying to seduce him. But I still think she should have apologized for puting him out at all. Especially when she flat out tells him that she has apologies to make.

I've also noted that there is no embarrassment for being
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

wpgrace wrote:But what is she apologizing to Josh for? I never really got that. She didn't compromise his investigation in any way... and he doesn't know about the attempted Mick-seduction, or the parking lot kiss... both of which are what she really owes him for. So what?

I'm still with GA... she owes MICK the apology, if for nothing else than for vamp-tempting while boyfriended... I agree with Red that she isn't sorry, but I apologize, convincingly, for sh!te I'm not really sorry for all the time... it's called marriage.

And I always wake up looking JUST like this... including with the flattering lighting and soft focus camera lens... :evillaugh:

I assumed the Josh apology was multi-layered. For going to Club Valis--and being seen there with Mick. He thought they were there at the throbbing, sexy, writhing club together. Now, I had no problem whatsoever with that--but he did. Remember how he left her at her apartment? He was not a happy camper--said he would call her later. Well, later, she wasn't home. So, I am going out on a limb here and assuming that dear Joshie tried reaching Beth that night--and got no response.

Not to mention the guilt she was possibly experiencing because she kissed Mick in the parking lot, tried to seduce him and took an illegal drug. When Beth breaks the rules, she goes all out! My kind of girl.

And Mick tempts her all the time--'bout time the tables got turned! :evillaugh: And they're not married.

Sigh, remember those care-free not apologizing for shite days?!?
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I assumed the Josh apology was multi-layered. For going to Club Valis--and being seen there with Mick. He thought they were there at the throbbing, sexy, writhing club together. Now, I had no problem whatsoever with that--but he did. Remember how he left her at her apartment? He was not a happy camper--said he would call her later. Well, later, she wasn't home. So, I am going out on a limb here and assuming that dear Joshie tried reaching Beth that night--and got no response.
That's what I assumed too. If you look at it from Josh's perspective it must have been pretty embarrassing to have Beth be there with Mick. Especially when it wasn't just him that found them but all those guys he works with. I'm sure there would have been some snickering going on and he has to have their respect.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Good point, GA. Could you imagine the grief he took back at the office?
Wish I could feel sorrier for him--just don't have it in me!

PS: glad to see you back :heart:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

GuardianAngel wrote: That's what I assumed too. If you look at it from Josh's perspective it must have been pretty embarrassing to have Beth be there with Mick. Especially when it wasn't just him that found them but all those guys he works with. I'm sure there would have been some snickering going on and he has to have their respect.
I never thought of it that way.

"Dude...that P.I. is totally bangin' your girlfriend..."

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

LMAO!! Can't breathe. Laughing too hard!!!
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

ROTFL! Yeah, like that. I know I'd have been thinking it.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

this is a great scene.... and I'm in total agreement with all that's been said. I also thought it was weird that she wasn't freaked out a little more by waking up on the couch clearly clothed in a borrowed shirt that had to have been put on over her naked body. She should have been dying of mortification!! I know I would have been.

With the apology thing.... it is confusing as to why she felt she had to apologise to Josh - she's a big girl and she's supposed to be in places she's not supposed to be (if you know what I mean) for her work. She looked kind of proud saying that she got to the story before the DA's office. Too sad if he can't handle that. Having said that, from a personal perspective she would have known that being there with Mick would put them on shaky ground given what happened in the previous episode.

My personal little theory is that this was sort of a Freudian slip. I think she meant to say 'explanations' instead of apologies. I think she felt guilty about acting like a complete hussy and turning up at his door and begging him to f... turn her.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

You make some really valid points, luxe.

I think her 'apology' comment does stem in part from the guilt she carries. Her and Mick haven't done anything untoward--save for a few kisses and a feeding. Okay, maybe I need to amend that statement after further thought...

Anyhow. You know how you hear about people getting into emotional affairs with others? There isn't sex involved, but the other person is clearly taking over your heart. That is what is happening here, and she knows it. Of course, Mick doesn't make things any easier with the constant back and forth, but, that is what we loved about ML.

Return to “Episode Discussion”