Moonlight DVD ranking on The-numbers.com - updated 4/22

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight DVD ranking on The-numbers.com - updated 2/9

Post by cassysj »

Lilly wrote:I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I thought you all might want to know...

Moonlight has fallen off the list of 30 Top Selling DVDs for the week ending 2/1/2009 at The-numbers.com.

None of the DVDs currently in the top 30 are from television shows. The DVD in the last position sold 45,236 units, so we know ML came in somewhere below that. I've submitted a question to see if I can get some more information on exact figures and will let you know if I hear anything.
Well looking back several weeks very few tv series seem to stay on the list for more than one or two consecutive weeks. Lost was an exception of 5 weeks but if you look at the overall 2008 chart of top 100 sales only 3 tv shows made that list and two of them were connected to either George Lucas or Star Wars (Family Guy Blue Harvest). TV shows rarely remain on a list like this because they are generally much more expensive in stores than movies. I don't know if there is a list of just tv show sales on dvd that would probably give a better overview but if such a thing exists I don't know where it is.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

We are a group of rational, postive thinkers, aren't we?!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

We got on the list in the first place and some folks are still buying the d@mn thing... As Fleur said, not bad for a little show that barely was...

So we've made some little amount of money for someone...

And most importantly, gotten copies of the DVD for ourselves... so there's nothing BUT positives here...

I mean, it's not like if we fall too far down the charts that they can cancel us again, huh?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I just heard back from Bruce Nash at the-numbers.com -- he very graciously provided the following info:

"Our current estimate is that Moonlight has sold 98,000 units for $2.5 million in consumer spending at retail after two weeks."

What that means is that in addition to the approximately 57,000 units sold in the first week of release, another 41,000 were sold last week. Considering just how many of those first week sales were probably pre-orders, this is really quite impressive.

Bruce has promised to update me with figures for the first month once they become available.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Moonlight DVD ranking on The-numbers.com - updated 2/10

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Lilly~~thank you so much for this wonderful news!

Those are very impressive numbers!
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Lilly wrote:I just heard back from Bruce Nash at the-numbers.com -- he very graciously provided the following info:

"Our current estimate is that Moonlight has sold 98,000 units for $2.5 million in consumer spending at retail after two weeks."

What that means is that in addition to the approximately 57,000 units sold in the first week of release, another 41,000 were sold last week. Considering just how many of those first week sales were probably pre-orders, this is really quite impressive.

Bruce has promised to update me with figures for the first month once they become available.
Yeah for the Tribe!! *insert dancing bananaman here* :D :D
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Re: Moonlight DVD ranking on The-numbers.com - updated 2/10

Post by wondergirl9847 »

YAY for our little show that I love lots. :D
*Christy*

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Lilly wrote:I just heard back from Bruce Nash at the-numbers.com -- he very graciously provided the following info:

Thank you Lilly... I have no idea if these are impressive numbers or not... but they seem good.

I bought another one this week to mail to the troops, a la Ri's troop and library drive...

But still, would it've killed them to add a couple out-takes?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
moonlight_vixen
Courtesan

Post by moonlight_vixen »

This is great news, and impressive too! Thanks for sharing :mrgreen:
Banner And Avatar By Me
______________________________________________________________________________________
Proud Josef Exclusive+
Proud Co-Founder Of Maroon-A-Holics
THINK KOSTAN!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Moonlight DVD ranking on The-numbers.com - updated 2/23

Post by Lilly »

I just heard from Bruce at the-numbers.com regarding the first month's sales figures for the Moonlight DVD set.

"Our current estimate is 130,000 units for $3.4 million in consumer spending."

Just thought you'd all like to know.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Thanks for the update, Lilly. :)
*Christy*

laurapesada
Fledgling

Post by laurapesada »

Thanks for getting those numbers.
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Only eight more sleeps until the DVD goes on sale in Australia.

What do you mean, that sounds like a kid waiting for Christmas day? :tongue:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Thanks lilly for that update. Impressive.

And Phee~~I couldn't imagine how difficult the wait is for you. I think we will be hearing your screams of joy from across the world!
Lullani
Freelance freshie

Post by Lullani »

Those figures sound pretty good to me, considering how hard it is to find in the stores.
Fantastic avi by TugaFanatic. Gorgeous banner by Cassysj.

Return to “100% Moonlight”