Halloween Houses 2021 - Would you like to host a house?

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Halloween Houses 2021 - Would you like to host a house?

Post by allegrita »

Happy October, Moonlightaholics! :trickortreat: Would you be interested in hosting a Halloween Trick-or-Treat house this year? :pumpkin: :dracula:

For the past several years, several of our members have joined our traditional MLA Halloween Trick-or-Treat fun by creating virtual "Houses" on our "Halloween Street." Our members visit each house on the street, collecting various treats. We're hoping to get volunteers for this year's Halloween Street, since trick-or-treating is such a fun tradition here at MLA. (And no matter what, I will be doing a house!) :witch:

ImageImageImage

Here's how you host a Trick-or-Treat house. :ghosty: :scarycat: :pumpkin:

1. First, decide what your treats will be. They can be pictures of candy or Halloween-themed desserts, pictures of handsome vampires, cool Halloween graphics, poems, drabbles, snarks... let your imaginations run wild. We do ask that you keep your "treats" fun and light-hearted, and within the bounds of good taste, but aside from that, you're free to create any sort of virtual "treats" you like! :lollipop2: :strawberry:

2. Next, "build your house" by finding a suitably spooky (or cute) "haunted house" picture, and then create a new topic in the Halloween 2020 forum (which will be created soon). Post the picture and a little "Welcome" message explaining what your visitors can expect as the first message, and title it (your MLA board name)'s House--for example, Allegrita's House. (If you'd like assistance with creating your "house" topic or creating a haunted house picture, please feel free to ask me for help.) :stir:

3. Finally, during the designated trick-or-treating time (usually the few days leading up to and following Halloween), whenever you're on the board, just check your "house" to see if anyone has "knocked on your door" by posting a reply on the thread. If they have, then give them their treat by "quoting" their reply and posting their treat in your response. :trickortreat: :hallpumpkin:

It's customary (and fun), but not required, to put your treats behind spoiler tags, like this:
Spoiler:
That's it! Pretty simple, huh?! :frog:

If you have any questions, or if you'd like to host an MLA trick-or-treat house, please post a response on this thread.

We're looking forward to celebrating another Vamptastic Halloween with all of you! :lollipop: :jester: :evillaugh:

Your MLA Admin/Mod Team

Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Re: Halloween Houses 2021 - Would you like to host a house?

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Sorry I am not technically skilled enough to do this. However, I am confused and wondering where what used to be the section showing active posts is? Help please.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Moonlightsonata wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:35 pm Sorry I am not technically skilled enough to do this. However, I am confused and wondering where what used to be the section showing active posts is? Help please.
In the upper left corner there are 3 small horizontal lines. If you click there, you will get a drop down menu and "Active Topics" is one of the choices. :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:hug: Hello lovely MLA family!!

:bat: Just flapping in to reserve a spot on Halloween street!! :bat:

Who knows who I'll bring with me this year! :mob: Hopefully there wont be terrible screams and bloodshed, but with Mick and Josef to protect us everything will be just fine! :cheer:

Much love to everyone. :heart:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Yay! So good to see you,Terri! :hug: :heart:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

Lilly wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:43 pm Yay! So good to see you,Terri! :hug: :heart:

:hug: Wouldn't miss it for the world Lilly!! Many hugs to you!! :heart:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I am willing to host a house but I finally got my training for early voting so if I'm working Oct 23rd-Oct 31st it may be late in the day but I will have my treats :heart:

Carol
Banner and Avatar by me
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

cassysj wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:23 pm I am willing to host a house but I finally got my training for early voting so if I'm working Oct 23rd-Oct 31st it may be late in the day but I will have my treats :heart:
That's wonderful, Carol! And no worries about timing. I'm going to be away the whole week before Halloween and will not be getting back home to my computer until very, very late on 10/30. I'm still planning to do a house -- and hopefully, my "guests" won't mind the antici......

...pation! :laugh:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

The more houses on our street, the merrier, in my opinion. :hearts: :groupwave: :dracula: Thanks for volunteering, Carol! So far, we've got 4 houses. :highfive:
MickLifeCrisis
Cleaner

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I should have time to do a Halloween house this year! I'll have to shake up some of my previous puzzles. You know, make them 250 pieces...

Bwahahaha! Had ya goin' there, didn't I?? :brow: :dracula:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Hahaha! You are in the scary spirit, aren't you, MLC?? :giggle: I'm so glad we're going to have a nice-sized neighborhood on our Halloween Street! :ghug:

Anybody else feel like handing out treats (or tricks) :winky: this year? :hallpumpkin: :witch: :scarycat: :frog:

Return to “Forum Announcements”