Courtesan

Life, Liberty and all the other stuff Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
Life, Liberty and All the Other Stuff
Rated PG
By Ella 713

After vampires make themselves known, Los Angeles is turned upside down :no:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Beth held Mick's hand tightly.
"What are we going to do?" She said in a whisper? Mick hugged her tightly and whispered back.
"We're going to survive." He said as he turned back to watch the news.

The reporter closest to Josef at the time of his announcement stepped back.
"You're kidding right, Mr. Kostan?" He said with an uncomfortable chuckle.
"No. I'm not." Josef said calmly.
"Aren't you afraid of someone trying to kill you?" Another reporter shouted out.
"Technically, I'm already dead, so good luck with that" Josef replied.
"How old are you?"
"457 years young" Josef joked.
"Mr. Kostan, are you being serious? Because this joke is pretty poor taste" An older reporter said with a frown.
"Alright" Josef said standing up. In the blink of an eye, Josef had the old reporter in his arms tightly. He barred his fangs for the world to see. "Is this proof enough for you?" He hissed.
People began to scream and tried to run for the nearest exit, but one cameraman stayed where he was and continued to roll film.
"Are you going to kill me?" The reporter in his arms yelped out.
"Of course not. Why would I kill you?" Josef asked with laugh.
"Isn't that how you get your food?" The reporter said with tears in his eyes. Josef released the man.
"I think you've seen too many movies. Do you think the world would be as overpopulated as it is if vampires were killing every human for blood? That's what I'm trying to explain to the public. Vampires have been around for a very very long time. We have no wish to devour mankind. In fact we admire you quite a bit. And as you can see, we're no threat to anyone. I was your president for two terms. Did I do what I said I would do? Are there any members of government missing and unaccounted for? The only thing we want to do is continue on as we have been doing. The only difference is now you know"
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Life, Liberty and all the other stuff Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Haley was on the phone with her sister Lisa who was now stationed in North Carolina.
"I can't believe this Haley! What are mom and dad going to do?" She asked.
"They're considering relocating to Copenhagen with some of the others, but I know they don't want to leave Los Angeles" Haley said
"This is going to change everything, you know? When we were kids, this whole vampire thing was like the biggest secret ever! I don't think the world can handle this. Hell, folks on the base are already talking about what the military can do to wipe vampires out." Lisa said with a sigh.
"Well, I don't think it will come to that" Haley said with the assurance that comes along with being a vampire.
"Let me tell you something "big sis". You want to know why humans are at the top of the food chain? The reason why is because we are so freakishly good at killing things. I mean we think of new and better ways of killing all the time! So what I'm saying is be careful. Don't ever think you're safe!" Lisa said finally.

And that was the truth of the matter. Unless vampires decided to turn people in record numbers, they didn't stand a chance.

Zoe and Gabriel were taking no chances. They both knew that a human/vampire war would end with vampires losing in a crushing defeat. When it was first brought to their attention that open disclosure was coming soon, Gabriel prepared to have a house built in Puerto Rico, and now that the house was complete, it was time to take the children and move there until further notice.

Brian thought disclosure was a bad idea but it wasn't up to him, and he refused to run from anyone or anything and Nicole felt the same.

Mila was starting her first year of Law School and she was devastated by the news. At first she thought that would mean losing Brian and that scared her more than humans knowing about vampires. Brian was more than an uncle figure to her. He was her very best friend. They shared thoughts and feelings. Like one time she thought she had failed her first midterm. She was in her dorm room crying softly and Brian felt her fear and pain and was soon knocking at her door. That's the was it had been since she could remember. She didn't know what she would do without Brian, but now that he assured her he was going nowhere, she worried about the others. Like Mick and Beth, and Zoe and Gabriel. They would no longer be this close knit happy family of humans and vampires. They'd be expected to take a side. Not only take a side, but fight for that side. And all Mila could feel was deep deep sadness at the loss of it all.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Life, Liberty and all the other stuff Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

"Mick, have you decided what you're going to do?" Josef asked.
"Beth and I still processing the whole thing.....I mean relocating sounds like the safe thing to do, but neither of us wants to leave Los Angeles. What are you going to do?"
"Isabelle and I will stay put. Brian and Nicole are staying as well. Look, I know it's going to get scary for a bit, but humans will calm down once they see we're not going to mess up their lives. Just look at all the situations humans have been forced to come to terms with. Homosexuality, atheism, the whole race class structure. A black president! Those things would have been unacceptable just 50 years ago. So once they get over the fear of vampires, I think they'll see us as an ally." Josef said.
"I hope you're right Josef, I really do" Mick said shaking his head.
"And if they don't, I've got a plan for that as well" Josef said with a smile.

The End

Return to “Ella713's Office”