La Brea Tar Pits

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

La Brea Tar Pits

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, I know, not quite an ML location, but still...

I thought people might find this article interesting.

http://io9.com/to-this-day-i-am-terrifi ... socialflow
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: La Brea Tar Pits

Post by allegrita »

Oh my gosh, Lucky! I finally got a chance to read that post, and it's true--it's like every Disney movie put together, where the mother suffers and dies, and the baby is left an orphan! :hankie: :hankie: :hankie:

I hope the people Josef puts in the Tar Pits are dead already. :confused2: :scary: :mdrama:
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: La Brea Tar Pits

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Aww, Lucky, thank you for posting this!

When mum and I got to visit LA, we both wanted to visit the tarpits. Myself, for obvious reasons... :devil: And my mum, for that awful Volcano movie... ( which secretly I enjoyed also.... :biggrin: ) The day we got to visit with lovely Allegrita, those figures were actually in the middle of a re-paint. so I don't think I ever got to think of them as the real things they were portraying. Plus, we were too busy looking for our own seeps. :fingerscrossed: But I can understand how, going past them every day, you'd think of their story a little bit more deeply. The story told in this article is really interesting, and lends a certain perspective to what the park is portraying...

Thank you again for sharing. :hug:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.

Return to “Moonlight Locations”