A New Identity PG-13 Champagne Challenge 168

A place for cassysj's G to PG-13 stories
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

A New Identity PG-13 Champagne Challenge 168

Post by cassysj »

I really like this theme. I do not own any Moonlight characters no copyright infringement is intended

Cynthia came home and found Coraline mesmerized by the laptop mumbling. “I can’t believe it’s her.”

“Who?’ Cynthia asked

“She’s all grown up and on television, well not really television, the internet.

“What are you babbling about?”

“I need a new name.” Coraline said firmly. Not just a name but an airtight background.”

Cynthia smiled. “Why? Are you going to get a job?”

Coraline ignored the question. “Show me how to use your camera. I’m going to be a photographer.”

“It’s not that easy. I gave up being a pap when everything went digital. It’s too damn dangerous. Besides we’re scientists now.

Coraline continued. “I’ll be a photojournalist. We’ll steal a portfolio to get me started. There are millions of pictures on the internet.

“Coraline you can’t just steal off the internet and present it as your own. It’s not like the old days when Philadelphia never saw Baltimore. If you want a portfolio attached to your name we have to do it through proper and expensive channels.

“Sell this house. Coraline ordered " Brooklyn is the new Manhattan we should get $750,000 for it. I want a Midwest background, a college degree and…..living family in case people check up on me.

“Check up on you? Why would anyone check up on you?

“I’m going to LA, Cynthia. I have to make it right with him before….

Cynthia yelled. “That arsonist animal??? You don’t mean you’re going to give him my…….our work.”

Coraline practically roared at her. “Cynthia, my little girl is on the internet. He’ll find her if he hasn’t already. I have to make it right with him before…..before he does something foolish.”

“Oh yes, we wouldn’t want Mick to do something foolish. Cynthia spat sarcastically. “Maybe this time he’ll finish the job.

Coraline said in her coldest voice. “Cynthia get me a legit portfolio, teach me how to use the camera and get me a proper identity.”

Cynthia stormed out of the two family house and didn’t return until the next evening.

She tossed a large envelope at Coraline. “Your name is Morgan Vincent, you’re from Chicago, graduated Northwestern and have a father and a sister named Jennifer with actual phone numbers.

“How did you manage that?”

“That freshie we bought in 2000. I just paid her student loan debt and saved her father’s house from an upside down mortgage. Start packing I sold this place to The Cleaners. They were thrilled that you are taking identity change seriously. They gave me $800,000 in cash but we need to be out tomorrow."

“Why would they buy here?”

“Like you said Brooklyn is the new Manhattan. This neighborhood is in the middle of the borough perfect for their headquarters. Cora, I won’t help you get him back. He’s disgusting, beneath you and a murderer.”

“You already have helped darling. Keep working on the “Cure.” “I’ll call when I need you.”
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: A New Identity PG-13 Champagne Challenge 168

Post by allegrita »

Wow. Cynthia puts up with a lot. :sigh: I guess that's what several lifetimes of service will do to a person. I really do feel sorry for her. Then again, I love this idea for how Coraline got her identity as Morgan! And yay, nobody got killed! :snicker:

Love this look at an important beginning in the Moonlight universe. :clapping:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Very good backstory for Coraline becoming Morgan! :twothumbs:

I'm totally stumped for this challenge.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

I really enjoyed this story too Cassy! You've been very inspired by the 'Beginnings' theme, which is so fab! My brain is boggled at the minute, so I will just enjoy everyone else's hard work. :heart: I love having another glimpse of Coraline and Cynthia's relationship. It's so obvious how devoted Cynthia was, and her distaste at Mick has always been clear... but she does all she can to keep her friend and mistress happy. Whatever the cost. :heart:
Thank you so much for sharing it, lovely. :hug:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This is great! Of course Coraline saw her on the internet, too. I never made the connection how she found out about Beth. :hearts:

Return to “cassysj's Office”