Chiller Theater Autograph Appearance

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Chiller Theater Autograph Appearance

Post by cassysj »

I go to this convention every year in New Jersey and today I saw Sophia's name listed as one of the guests. Of course with all conventions the actors can cancel to the last minute for work commitments but just wanted to tell everyone.

http://www.chillertheatre.com/gt/gtc4.htm
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Chiller Theater Autograph Appearance

Post by Lilly »

That's wonderful!! :yahoo: :hearts: Thanks so much for letting us know, Carol! :hug: :thumbs:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

very KEWL!!!!

thanks for the heads up....it looks like a variety of people to see even if Sophia didn't make it!
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Just curious about how many fans come to this - in other words is it a mob scene from Comic Con? Also is this mainly to get people's pictures and autographs or do you actually get to talk to the stars?
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Moonlightsonata wrote:Just curious about how many fans come to this - in other words is it a mob scene from Comic Con? Also is this mainly to get people's pictures and autographs or do you actually get to talk to the stars?
Chiller is nowhere near as big as Comiccon. It is mostly to get people's pics and autographs but it depends on their line. Someone like Patty Duke you won't have a chance to really talk to her line will be enormous all weekend. In previous years however, I was able to spend a few minutes talking to Betsy Russell, Jared Martin and Chris Bruno but they were not headliners. If Sophia is in the "main room" which no one will know till the con she should be fairly busy. The only thing I don't like about Chiller is the behavior of the attendees at times. Each actor sets his own price for autographs and/or photos and you don't know until you get on their line. I have often heard people stand on line and then get up and try to negotiate with the actor or say.....I paid for your autograph why do I have to pay to have my pic with you? Most actors charge for both, a few don't but I think it is unfair to approach the celebrity when it clearly says their price on their line. If you don't like the price, don't wait on line.

Sophia is pretty and Chiller gets a lot of men so she should have a busy line.....the only worry I have is if people don't recognize her work the economy is such that she may have a long lonely weekend. One year Robert Carradine came and he was in the main room and I never saw more than one or two people on his line.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Thanks for the information.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Fingers crossed all goes well and I get to see her
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Hug and kiss her for me too, Carol!! This is such a great chance. :hearts: And don't forget to tell her we love her..
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

While I thought a rep of Sophia's once said that she didn't make appearances like this, maybe that has changed. In addition it appears she won't be going to Columbia after all based on a tweet she recently sent.

I remember when there was a Convention in London that Alex was originally scheduled to attend. Then The Back-Up Plan came up and he couldn't make it. Some people suggested that the organizer try and get Sophia instead but at that time, we were told she didn't do events like this. Maybe things have changed?
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Maybe it's true what they say. A true lady always reserves the right to change her mind. :curtsey:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Certainly Sophia was very enthusiastic about attending conventions according to her tweets awhile back.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Moonlightsonata wrote:While I thought a rep of Sophia's once said that she didn't make appearances like this, maybe that has changed. In addition it appears she won't be going to Columbia after all based on a tweet she recently sent.

I remember when there was a Convention in London that Alex was originally scheduled to attend. Then The Back-Up Plan came up and he couldn't make it. Some people suggested that the organizer try and get Sophia instead but at that time, we were told she didn't do events like this. Maybe things have changed?
Right...Star Fury... Perhaps time has changed her perspective.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I just asked Sophia on Twitter if she was still planning on attending Chiller Theatre later this month. She didn't answer me directly, but almost immediately tweeted...
Sophia Myles ‏@SophiaMyles

I am attending Chiller Theater in Newark New Jersey later this month. My first horror convention. Exciting...

:teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Advance tickets for Chiller have been extended to October 14th, today. http://www.chillertheatre.com/
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm so thrilled for you, Carol. :hug: If you get a chance to speak with her, please give her all of our love and tell her that we're all following her career with interest, while keeping the Moonlight love alive. :hearts:

Return to “General Discussion”