Alex on CM: "The Big Wheel" - links, reviews, discussion

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Alex on CM: "The Big Wheel" - links, reviews, discussion

Post by allegrita »

I just edited my previous post to answer your other question. No, it doesn't mention him holding anything as he opens the door of the SUV. I wonder if it was Alex's idea to hold the hankie...
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh Alle! Thank you sooo much! I too had forgotten you had the script... and how insane that he makes faces just because he's insane! Go Alex! Even better that he did that scene... with no motivation whatsoever! I'll go watch it again and then refer ALLLLL my questions to YOU now! :notworthy:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
willing freshie

Post by willing freshie »

allegrita wrote: I wonder if it was Alex's idea to hold the hankie...

That would make sense! Alex likes to get in there with advice! He always wants things perfect! :cheer:
willing freshie

Thanks, Alle! :cloud9:
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

:yahoo: Oh wow Alle! I forgot you had the script too!! Thank you Thank you for the insights...how cool is this..that we've got inside info thru you!! Just WOW!! :hyper:
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Alle..I have a question from my dd..she would like to know if there is anything mentioned about the gunshot wound scene when Vincent uses bread to mend himself...that was such a strange thing to do..also, his drinking out of the milk carton? Anything on that?

Thanks! :hug:
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Thank Alle! I love that Why? He's crazy. part too! :lol: Is there any insight into Vincent's thoughts or feelings in the scene with poor Alice?

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
willing freshie

mwj01 wrote:Thank Alle! I love that Why? He's crazy. part too! :lol: Is there any insight into Vincent's thoughts or feelings in the scene with poor Alice?

Great question,mwj! :thumbs:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Alle..I have a question from my dd..she would like to know if there is anything mentioned about the gunshot wound scene when Vincent uses bread to mend himself...that was such a strange thing to do..also, his drinking out of the milk carton? Anything on that?
JIMS, the script says:
"Having never been shot before he's not quite sure what to do. He's looking a little pale. He checks himself in the mirror. Pokes out his tongue. Not sure why. Maybe it will help."

And later it just describes what Vincent does--opens the fridge, takes out the milk carton and drinks the milk, takes out the half sandwich and rolls up the bread into balls and shoves it into the wound holes,

"then rips up plastic sandwich wrap and winds it round his middle, holding in the bread.

It seems to do the trick."
Thank Alle! I love that Why? He's crazy. part too! :lol: Is there any insight into Vincent's thoughts or feelings in the scene with poor Alice?
mwj01, the script just shows Vincent very panicky and unsure of what to do when Alice is at the door. There are cuss words in the script (not dialog, but in the commentary, to show his attitude, I think).

After she's inside the apartment, it says:

"Vincent with Alice as she moves around the room. She's bubbly. Sweet. A stark contrast to the private, shy and self-conscious Vincent. He's never had a woman in his space."

Then later:

"All very awkward. Vincent has the TV on. A press conference. Second by second, Vincent becomes more and more panicked."

The scene is similar in the script to how it was filmed, with a few differences (e.g., in the script the press conference sound is turned off--Alice just sees the drawing and recognizes Vincent, plus there's a couple of lines about Alice having been a foster child and referring to Vincent helping Stanley). Also, Vincent says, "I need my other glasses" instead of "I need to change my glasses." It was much creepier and better the way they filmed it, I think.
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Very interesting! Thanks Alle! :rose:

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Alle, you getting that script is so totally karma! Pleasure for you and for all of us (cause you're sharing) after all that frustration! :hearts:

I have a couple observations, now that I've seen the episode ALMOST as many times as mwj.... typical that-doesn't-quite-make-sense-to me observations...

At the very beginning, when they produce the sketch of Vincent, which looks remarkably like Alex and thus a bit too perfect, imo.... they state that "witnesses" provided the sketch. What witnesses? He killed that realtor chick with no witnesses... Darma's husband said so himself when he and the boring woman and the soap stud all went back to the scene of the crime to investigate. No one else was in the house and no one on the street would've thought the quiet white guy (who nonetheless rocked a dorky pea coat) was up to anything to remember his face to clearly. And those old people who dropped their plastic bag? They remembered his face THAT perfectly???

And then the lovely Alice scene. Once she realizes her secret crush is also the serial killer... and he twice closes the door... he doesn't lock it with a key. You reckon she tried to fight him off? I mean, he had to go get his killing glasses... why didn't she run back out the door while he was in the bedroom? Or you reckon he went ahead and killed her without his proper glasses... cause I'm guessing THAT woulda made him reallllly nuts...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

wpgrace wrote:And those old people who dropped their plastic bag? They remembered his face THAT perfectly???
Wouldn't you, Grace? Wouldn't you?

Just sayin'.

I figured it had to be these folks that they were referring to.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:
wpgrace wrote:And those old people who dropped their plastic bag? They remembered his face THAT perfectly???
Wouldn't you, Grace? Wouldn't you?

Just sayin'.

I figured it had to be these folks that they were referring to.

Red

Well now, Red :giggle: ... allll of us could sketch his face ourselves, no question. :thumbs: But they were old. And all BUT wearing the blu blockers... they could really see the gentle, sweet, young man that well? I mean, he probably looked 12 to them...

But ok. I'll go with that. How about Alice... did she have a chance to escape ya think?? No screaming? He was in an apartment building and like I said, the door had no key lock...

Tho I would add, the script description, that this is the first time he had ever had a woman invade his space... that was so sad to me. He is such an isolated character. With that d@mn loop playing all day every day... what a life!

Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

allegrita wrote:
JIMS, the script says:
"Having never been shot before he's not quite sure what to do. He's looking a little pale. He checks himself in the mirror. Pokes out his tongue. Not sure why. Maybe it will help."

And later it just describes what Vincent does--opens the fridge, takes out the milk carton and drinks the milk, takes out the half sandwich and rolls up the bread into balls and shoves it into the wound holes,

"then rips up plastic sandwich wrap and winds it round his middle, holding in the bread.

It seems to do the trick."
Thank you, Alle. My dd was really creeped out by that part for some reason and I thought it might have been another suggestion by Alex...appreciate your sharing your inside info!! :hug: And, I was very surprised that Vincent would drink milk out of the carton..it seemed out of character for someone so OCD...guess I'll just have to ask Alex when I see him..LOL! :snicker:
Last edited by redwinter101 on Wed May 06, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To fix quotes
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Hey JIMS!

I totally agree that drinking the milk from the carton was odd for Vincent... but I really think it was a sign of his extreme distress. He had a mortal wound. He did not enjoy "normal" outlets for expressing, or even feeling, emotions, which apparently even included pain, cause look at how oddly he under-reacted at the moment of the bullet's impact.... so I think this was sorta an instinctive act to try to feel better.... get it down, get it down fast. He must have been dehydrating from loss of blood... plus he seems to have taken a shower, which would dehydrate him further in this circumstance. It was, for him, an extreme reaction to an extreme (mortal, fatal) circumstance. And to me... milk is a kid's drink. He was kinda regressing... don't ALL men regress to children when hurt or sick?

AND he meant to get to the boy, no matter what. So instinct took over to a certain extent.

And the bread thing doesn't seem that weird to me... that does make sense with Vincent, IMO.... that bread (and its plastic wrapping) was a ritualistic thing for him. Now he's shot, he probably can't eat it... he doesn't feel well enough and he's shot in the tummy, right?... so he uses it for comfort... cause it's not like it really stopped the bleeding. It just seemed he turned to his bread and plastic and did SOMETHING with them, even if it wasn't his usual something. For the contact...

Return to “Past Projects”