Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: Dr. Feelgood (Episode Three)

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Yes, yes he does.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

librarian_7 wrote:Grace, just for you, another still from this ep that I particularly like...no deep philosophical significance, but my, oh, my, does he look good.

Lucky

Yes... and you know how I love his jackets... and bonus with the car... sigh... sigh sigh sigh...

And can you imagine looking up from work and seeing this waiting for you?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I prefer to pretend he's just outside my house, waiting for me on the street, and I see him as I close my door....sorry, got carried away a bit. And that never happens.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Great discussions and pics ladies. I love the one with Mick leaning on the car. I especially love his attitude during that scene - when he hooks his thumb in his pocket and does that little shrug thing and says 'keep it up'. Gives me a thrill every time.

Mick goes back to the convenience store to investigate. As he walks through he tells us, in VO, that the first thing a new vampire needs to do it feed but, if they don't know what they're hungry for they'll try anything. But only blood will do.

Mick does his smelling thing and sees the newbie kill the clerk.

Mick walks outside and surveys the area. Vamps can smell just about everything around, candy, garbage.

But blood is easy for them to pick out. Especially vamp blood. Mick is lead to the journal dropped by the sire.

And he sees the Turning in a flashback. Feeling bad for the newly Turned vamp, Mick thinks back to his own Turning. He wakes in his marital bed with blood all over.

His new wife doesn't seemed phased at all. He backs off the bed and the light from the window hurts him. He runs to the bathroom to look in the mirror.

His wife explains that she's given him a gift. Mick doesn't see it that way. He says that she's made him into a monster. She didn't look happy to have her gift rejected.

Mick then pays a visit to Josef to discuss the case.

They discuss the bloodlust after becoming a vamp and Josef waxes nostalgic. But Mick is worried because newbies are like feral kittens - they need to be socialized right away or they'll never be able to live with humans.

Josef suggests Mick pay a visit to the Cleaner because she knows where all the bodies are buried, so to speak.

So we find ourselves in an alley with Mick waiting on the Cleaner - a woman in black (gortex, rubber, patent leather?) with a long, red, twisted pony tail.

She's cleaning up a mess made by 'Sloppy' and 'Stupid' who have accidentally offed their midnight snack.

Mick asks her to take a walk with him. He wants to know if she's come across anything unusual in the last couple days. She does remember that there was a call that was a false alarm. Bingo. Mick explains that is because the body got up and walked away. The Cleaner is a little disturbed that it was a Turning. She gives Mick Gerald Stovsky's name as the guy who called it in and wants Mick to let her know when she finds the sire.

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

It's convenience store week for me, if you get my drift. ;)
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Excellent screen caps GA!!!!

I particularly love the flashback ones... which I have never seen so clearly... and the Cleaner... gotta love the Cleaner...

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Thanks again for the crystal clear beautiful pix, GA--join us at the party if you get the chance.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

GuardianAngel wrote:Great discussions and pics ladies. I love the one with Mick leaning on the car. I especially love his attitude during that scene - when he hooks his thumb in his pocket and does that little shrug thing and says 'keep it up'. Gives me a thrill every time.

Mick then pays a visit to Josef to discuss the case.

I also love his little visit with Josef... the juxtaposition of Mick reflecting upon the horror of his own turning and then, plop, we're in this fairly comedic scene, and Mick is even a bit light-hearted around his friend... and Josef is, as GA says, waxing nostalgic about his own fledgling blood-lust... The reluctant vampire seeking solace in the company of the vamp poster boy.

The show did, on occassion, make these distinct transitions... from serious and angsty to comic... and Josef was so often involved...

It was just ep 3, but we had Josef's measure by then... tho we didn't yet get just how very deeply the friendship ran...

And didn't you just love seeing Mick hold that book? He just played and played with that book... sigh.

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Thank goodness that Mick had Josef, and vice versa--not only for the balance that each provided the other, but for the chemistry these 2 shared on screen. Some of the very best ML moments were between these 2.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Thank goodness that Mick had Josef, and vice versa--not only for the balance that each provided the other, but for the chemistry these 2 shared on screen. Some of the very best ML moments were between these 2.

They were my favorite couple... not in a slashy kinda way, just brothers, friends kinda way ...

PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Thank goodness that Mick had Josef, and vice versa--not only for the balance that each provided the other, but for the chemistry these 2 shared on screen. Some of the very best ML moments were between these 2.

I totally agree with you, Lisa. Some of my favorite ML moments are between Josef and Mick.

I ADORED the Cleaner - such a great character. Infinitely practical about human kills and very serious about finding Gerald because of the accidental Turning.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

PNWgal wrote:

I totally agree with you, Lisa. Some of my favorite ML moments are between Josef and Mick.

I ADORED the Cleaner - such a great character. Infinitely practical about human kills and very serious about finding Gerald because of the accidental Turning.

It's funny, but I didn't really appreciate the full extent of the Mick/Josef dynamic until re-watching it recently. Probably because during the first viewings, I was so focused on Mick--go figure! I mean, I laughed at Josef's comments, but watching it again--that guy is remarkably good in that role. And the two of them had such a comfort level on screen, and by some reports off-screen as well. They brought out the best in one another when they shared screen time.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:
PNWgal wrote:

It's funny, but I didn't really appreciate the full extent of the Mick/Josef dynamic until re-watching it recently. Probably because during the first viewings, I was so focused on Mick--go figure! I mean, I laughed at Josef's comments, but watching it again--that guy is remarkably good in that role. And the two of them had such a comfort level on screen, and by some reports off-screen as well. They brought out the best in one another when they shared screen time.

Well I also think that they used Jason so little in the early eps that we didn't GET the full extent of the importance of that relationship until we had seen more of Josef in the Final Four...

Then when you go back and watch the early ones thru that lens... there's only a little of Josef, but it looms larger, knowing how near and dear these men were to one another and how they had shown it in the last 6 eps or so....

I hope we'd have seen more backstory for them, their relationship I mean, not their separate backstories, in a season 2 because the show had finally figured out that the boys' chemistry was every bit as special as Mick's and *lady of your choice*.

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

God yes. I wanted more of that backstory, and Jason was frothing at the mouth to get to do that.
Argh--now I am just p'od again.
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

wpgrace wrote:
Fleur de Lisa wrote:
PNWgal wrote:

Well I also think that they used Jason so little in the early eps that we didn't GET the full extent of the importance of that relationship until we had seen more of Josef in the Final Four...

Then when you go back and watch the early ones thru that lens... there's only a little of Josef, but it looms larger, knowing how near and dear these men were to one another and how they had shown it in the last 6 eps or so....

I hope we'd have seen more backstory for them, their relationship I mean, not their separate backstories, in a season 2 because the show had finally figured out that the boys' chemistry was every bit as special as Mick's and *lady of your choice*.

Totally agree with both of you (but then, I mostly agree with everything you two say!). I would have LOVED some backstory on their relationship? We know they met through Coraline - how did that relationship progress? How much did Josef support Mick after he left Coraline? How did he react to Mick's not feeding fresh anymore?

Inquiring minds and all that.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram

Return to “Episode Discussion”