Alex on CM: "The Big Wheel" - links, reviews, discussion

MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Alex on CM: "The Big Wheel" - links, reviews, discussion

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

SusieQ, thank you so much for getting the "scoop" and sharing it with us. Please thank your friend, too. We appreciate you calling in the favor on our behalf!

It was fascinating to get his insight. And you said he had been doing this for years and years. I would have thought there would be an early burn out rate in that kind of job.

I'm just glad Vincent was able to find redemption in the end.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Susie, let me add my thanks to those already given, to your friend for giving us that wonderful insight.

I can't tell you how blown away I am that we got such a great "insider" view. This is a rare privilege.

Thanks again...and be sure and tell him/her that it was time well spent in educating the public.

Lucky
MoonMad
Fledgling

Post by MoonMad »

Thank you so much Susie for going to the trouble of getting that analysis. It's fascinating and answered my primary question - why was Vincent killing his mother over and over again when he clearly had loved her? It's very hard for rational minds to understand the workings of an irrational one, but I get that it's a control issue. And you pretty much answered my second question, which was how Vincent became so attached to Stanley, the answer which was of course, in real life he wouldn't! :snicker:
Overdamoon
Fledgling

Post by Overdamoon »

Afterall, they call it a TV show. In real life, a story like this would've been so sickening and horrific people would want him caught and thrown in jail. End of story.

Thank you, Susie, for the trouble getting your friend's input. So, Vincent is not a sexual psychopath, eh? I have to clear this us with my hubby. My old man is warped, he thinks even hugging a tree is sexual. :slappy:

These two paragraphs are the most chilling descriptions of Vincent. :eek2:
VAsusieQ18 wrote:
Its likely that every time Vincent killed, he was symbolically taking control of his mother's death and, perhaps, exacting revenge against her for having an affair(s) and/or for her leaving him. It's as if he was so angered by her death and his inability to prevent it that he wanted to kill her himself.
VAsusieQ18 wrote:DC, i think the writers took a bit of artistic license with Vicent. Sociopaths can't feel emotion, but they can mimic it very well. I'm not saying Vicent didn't care about that little boy, cuz its obvious that he did. Again, I think the writers wrote that into the script. In the real world, the sociopath can be married, have children and look and act like a normal person with all the "show" of emotions. But according to the real profilers, is all a front/act. They cannot feel. No remorse. No love. No true emotion. They just put on a good show of believability. Its hard for us to understand that, I guess, but its a proven fact. But I'm glad Alex was able to re-write fact and give Vicent a vulnerability, a capacity to care. It made for a better story, even if it coudn't happen in the real world.
Thanks to Kelly for her beautiful banner.
Thanks to SirenSong for her beautiful MickCora tag.

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Susie I'm a little late now but just wanted to add my thanks to you and your friend for that wonderful insight into the ep. It was fascinating. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

A few YouTube vids of Vincent...

Post by wpgrace »

In case anyone might enjoy them, there are already YouTube vids of poor Vincent in CM...

Here's a few, anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pt8M5RO6tY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWLnjIEd ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4dzze05 ... re=related
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
SirenSong
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: A few YouTube vids of Vincent...

Post by SirenSong »

Thanks for the vid links, Grace! :cheer:

Poor, poor, tragic Vincent. :hankie: Cool tunes too!
nayp
Fledgling

Post by nayp »

Thanks Grace, great vids, and music. Really hoping that only Alex could make me cry at the end of that episode.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Thank you so much. I really loved the second one, great song choice too. Makes me feel for the poor soul behind the nerdy glasses. :heart:
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Well, look at you Sister, finding and posting links! :thumbs:

Thank you Hon! :rose:

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Don't die of shock now... going to You Tube is, as you know, pretty simple... :giggle:

And there's probably more of these but some of em are the promo and then I got tired of watching em... I don't have a long attention span for YouTube... ANother shock, huh?

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

My husband and I were picking up the family room yesterday for company. He picks up a video tape with a post-it note on it in my handwriting that says, "CM W/ AOL" and he actually had to ask, "What IS this?" Sigh. They are so clueless sometimes. :snicker:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:My husband and I were picking up the family room yesterday for company. He picks up a video tape with a post-it note on it in my handwriting that says, "CM W/ AOL" and he actually had to ask, "What IS this?" Sigh. They are so clueless sometimes. :snicker:

That CAN be a blessing, Sweetie... :evillaugh:

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

wow... I also have just read that profile susie, and thankyou from the bottom of my heart. I'm sure you've passed onto your friend how amazed and grateful we all are.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
willing freshie

Post by willing freshie »

I haven't had a chance to read all the comments so if this was pointed out earlier I apologize. I was just watching the episode for maybe the 5th time (but who's counting :snicker: ) and I think I know now what those plastic wrapped squares are the Vincent takes one of in the very beginning and puts it back down on the table.

It was mentioned in the old thread that they might be hankies. I think they are because shortly after as he goes to his car, he uses one to open his car door with. I believe that he uses them to not touch certain things directly, like the car door handle. He also uses it to wipe his hands after giving the old lady sitting in her car her stuff that fell on the ground.

The hankie to open his car and the one to clean his hands look like the white squares that were in the plastic wrap.

Return to “Past Projects”