Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

Post by Lilly »

This in from David Blue via Twitter:

DavidBlue Surprise guys! Some of us will be watching it w/ the East Coast &... wait for it...tweeting live! (not on the tv, on the comp, silly). #SGU

Followed by:

DavidBlue Tweeting live = we'll be watching it together and will tweet from our computers. You have to be on Twitter to see it!!! #SGU

and:

DavidBlue Don't worry guys... we won't Twitter crazy spoilers!!! I'll make sure not to ruin it for our UK fans. ;)

and the latest:

DavidBlue We haven't worked out the logistics yet... very last minute. But I think maybe we'll tweet during commercial breaks? #SGU

:woohoo:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, man--how cool is that?!?!?!
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Lilly wrote:This in from David Blue via Twitter:

DavidBlue Surprise guys! Some of us will be watching it w/ the East Coast &... wait for it...tweeting live! (not on the tv, on the comp, silly). #SGU

Followed by:

DavidBlue Tweeting live = we'll be watching it together and will tweet from our computers. You have to be on Twitter to see it!!! #SGU

and:

DavidBlue Don't worry guys... we won't Twitter crazy spoilers!!! I'll make sure not to ruin it for our UK fans. ;)

and the latest:

DavidBlue We haven't worked out the logistics yet... very last minute. But I think maybe we'll tweet during commercial breaks? #SGU

:woohoo:
Awesome!! I'm so excited to see the show..and to watch WITH David..priceless!! :woohoo:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Fans were recently encouraged to submit questions for David to JosephMallozzi's Weblog. Here is the result -- an AWESOME question and answer session with David. Link

There are a LOT of great questions and answers here, including a cool anecdote about working with Alex. David put a lot of time and effort into this, and his enthusiasm really shows. :yahoo:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Love. Him!!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Isn't he great? His excitement and his enthusiasm for what he does is just infectious. :biggrin:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

David is so adorable and hey, look at that very last photo!! It's Alex's shirt he wore in that interview about Australian actors that says "You Are Here" only Alex's shirt was green.

I'll definitely be watching SGU tonight! :thumbs:
*Christy*

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Twitter update from David (18 minutes ago):

DavidBlue So, tonight, a lot of the cast will be sitting next to me as I tweet during commercials. Spread the word! #SGU

DavidBlue We'll all tweet via my account... #SGU
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:type: Eli's blog is up: Here
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

They're all watching together! :hearts: :ghug:
http://twitpic.com/k11d9
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

So far (half hour into the episode), he's been a really key character! I'm so happy for him.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Here's another pic: http://twitpic.com/k18iw
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Enjoyed the premiere and it looks like it will be an interesting show! Congrats to David and the entire cast/crew of SGU, which is trending on Twitter! :thumbs:
*Christy*

r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

David Blue answers fan questions (mine included)

Post by r1015bill »

David answered a BUNCH of fan questions - mostly about Sci Fi stuff but there are a few ML questions mixed in.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/200 ... premieres/

That includes my question below. Other ML stuff: He'd LOVE to do a movie. He loved working with Alex and thought it would be cool if Alex could be a guest star on SGU.

R1015bill writes: “On paper, your new character Eli sounds a lot like Logan Griffen (less Logan’s confidence and being a vampire). How else do you think they differ?”

DB: Honestly, R1015bill, it was very important to me to make Eli a completely different person. I think all actors are terrified at ever making a role similar to one they’ve previously played. It’s more fun to explore different aspects of these people (and in a way, of yourself) than you have before. I spent a good deal of time before my initial audition for the role of Eli breaking down where I felt he was coming from. Inventing things from his past that fit with the initial mold I was provided (by Brad and Robert). Really getting inside of the character and filling him out. And most of the time, when I came to a fork in the road I found myself thinking “okay, how would Logan see this?” …and then going in the completely opposite direction. There are some crossovers there, but for the most part, they are completely different people. Logan, for one, was more into video games and the world of new technologies. (This is from my own mind, not necessarily the writers of “Moonlight”) I always envisioned Logan as an extremely old vampire. Even older than Mick St. James (Alex O’Loughlin). Probably just a little younger than Josef. Which is why I think Logan loved technology and computers… because they didn’t exist when he was human.

Eli, however, has grown up in THIS world and uses it as a tool to do what he loves. Challenging himself, connecting with like-minded people, solving problems. Eli is more of a TV/Film/pop-culture junkie. He relates to his world through the things he grew up with… his favorite shows, movies, etc. I could be wrong about this, as it’s something I came up with to help me approach the role and not necessarily something provided me by the brilliant writers/creators, but I’ve viewed Eli as somebody who plays video games to challenge himself. Because somebody says something in this one can’t be done, or something can’t be beaten or solved. Not because he just wants to waste time.

Also, Logan was a recluse. He did what he did to get the blood he needed to survive, or the money he needed to get more technology or blood. Eli WANTS to have friends, wants people to like him and to get to know them.
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: David Blue answers fan questions (mine included)

Post by helloeeze »

Very clever you of you wind a Moonlight question in there, and I thought David's answer was great. He wouldn't want to repeat roles. It was interesting to hear his taken on Logan. I would have never thought of Logan as that old but whatev. Mick st. James? Hee! :heart: :heart: thanks for sharing this!

Return to “David”