Afterglow, part twelve, conclusion (M/B/J, PG-13)

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Re: Afterglow, part twelve, conclusion (M/B/J, PG-13)

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

redwinter101 wrote:Good Lord, I'm inundated. I'll leave the two of you to come up with a prompt together, how's that (Lisa did the groundwork after all)?

Red

LOL---Grace can have it!! It was fun using my brain for good, not evil. Bizet was such a tragic man--his life was an opera, for Bob's sake.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to learn something new.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Cool. You are a gracious lady, Lisa :rose:

If you feel like a listen, check this out: Au fond du Temple Saint

Two friends, brothers in all but name, and the love they share.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

No worries; I didn't guess on my own... I took her Bizet and googled him... I shall pm Fleur ... if I can only figger out how to pm... and how to spell Fleur de Lisa... :devil:

We'll get back to you as a unit, Red... we usually can do more damage that way... or so Phee claims.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

LOL. You can see how cultered we all are. The first opera to come to mind for me was Madame Butterfly who sacrifices herself to save her child. But I was way off.

Red, oh Red. I'm glad I read everyone else's response before typing my own because, honestly, I was a mess. Josef met his fate as only Josef could - with a sense of humor and practicality. I couldn't see how he could choose either Mick or Beth but I really didn't want to see him die. He lived over 400 yrs. and went out in the best possible way - to save those he loved. Damn, I'm friggin crying again.

Those letters were killer. They showed just how much Mick and Beth meant to Josef. I wonder just what all that information he left Mick will expose. Along with wealth and power, Josef had a lot of time on his hands. I can only imagine the stuff he got involved in.

Red, this was a slammin' story. You warned us it wasn't going to end happy so I fully expected someone to die. Even so, I was floored. But happy. I must be sick. But in good company. :)

grace and fleur - I'm counting on you to come up with something really good!
kareng
Kostan Industries intern

Post by kareng »

I can't believe this amazing story in over. I started reading your story on another board and searched till I found it here. To be honest, your story is the reason I joined. I am going to leave a similar comment I left to DSR when she completed her story. Moonlight is my escape, and, after it was cancelled, fanfic kept Moonlight alive for me. I am a fanfic addict but have never shed tears till yesterday and today. The letters from Joseph made my tears flow. They were Joseph to a tee.

You should be proud of your writing. You do it magnificantly. I know I won't do justice on expressing how much I enjoyed each and every chapter of this love story. So from the bottom of heart, I thank you for keeping Moonlight alive for me with this story.

I hope you won't take to long and become inspired to write another story for us. I will be waiting patiently.
:thanks: Karen
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Grace, I am on tenterhooks (and a little skeered).

GA, have a :hug: and a hankie, sweetie. This was never going to end happily for everyone (and I'm glad I'd given enough warning about that), but I'm delighted that even though not happy, it was satisfying. That's all I could hope for. Thank you.

Oh, Karen, you're doing just fine, honey. Just fine. :rose: I'm delighted you found this story again and that you enjoyed it. I'm sure there will be more one-shots, but I might not start another multi-chapter for a while.

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Well.... we have a question... when you say "prompt" what do you mean? A word a phrase a story beginning a setting... we are newbies at this... and plus if we drag this out, it's just more like us... :devil:

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

wpgrace wrote:Well.... we have a question... when you say "prompt" what do you mean? A word a phrase a story beginning a setting... we are newbies at this... and plus if we drag this out, it's just more like us... :devil:
Grace, a good example was the prompt for the most recent challenge - "An Unexpected Gift". I've seen others that were a single word. A short phrase would be good. Or you can go for a setting if you like. Just nothing too detailed, k?

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:
wpgrace wrote:Well.... we have a question... when you say "prompt" what do you mean? A word a phrase a story beginning a setting... we are newbies at this... and plus if we drag this out, it's just more like us... :devil:
Grace, a good example was the prompt for the most recent challenge - "An Unexpected Gift". I've seen others that were a single word. A short phrase would be good. Or you can go for a setting if you like. Just nothing too detailed, k?

Red

Gotcha... meaning I got it... that isn't our word... :giggle:

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Red is wishing right now that someone else would have guessed the opera!!

How about this: "The sun was shining brightly on the day Cora was beheaded and thrown into the pyre...."

No? Alright, I'll keep working on it......

am i being difficult enough, grace?
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Fleur de Lisa wrote:Red is wishing right now that someone else would have guessed the opera!!

How about this: "The sun was shining brightly on the day Cora was beheaded and thrown into the pyre...."

No? Alright, I'll keep working on it......

am i being difficult enough, grace?

We are NOT killing Cora in this fic, Fleur!!!!!!! And you're sposed to be difficult to RED... not to ME! :seesaw:

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Okay, Lisa, that made me cackle. Very undignified. I am at your mercy, ladies. So be kind to me (who said anything about difficult, Grace???!!!)

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

redwinter101 wrote:Okay, Lisa, that made me cackle. Very undignified. I am at your mercy, ladies. So be kind to me (who said anything about difficult, Grace???!!!)

Red

Why, WE did Red! :giggle: And may I point out, YOU opened the door...

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

wpgrace wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:Okay, Lisa, that made me cackle. Very undignified. I am at your mercy, ladies. So be kind to me (who said anything about difficult, Grace???!!!)

Red

Why, WE did Red! :giggle: And may I point out, YOU opened the door...
Honestly, all I want is a hot, steamy MickBeth fic with NO Cora. She doesn't have to be dead, just nonexistent. Other than that, I have no requests. Take it away, grace.
sabazzz
Kostan Industries intern

Post by sabazzz »

Last edited by sabazzz on Mon May 04, 2009 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Afterglow”