Locked Alex threads are here.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: Alex is going to be a Dad (again)!

Post by Lilly »

Image Wonderful news! Image :hearts:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

I'm assuming they didn't mention ML bc it aired so long ago and they are going to list the movies and series that were successful, 3R notwithstanding. That gets a mention bc it was his most recent tv series. You can't list every single project an actor does and obviously Alex has no control over how the article is worded. His publicity team probably gave the info that the baby was born, the magazine supplied the rest of the information.

Regardless, best wishes to the entire family and here's hoping baby boy O'Loughlin is healthy and sleeps well for daddy!! I've no doubt that it will be a beautiful child, given who his father is!
:hearts:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Fleur - While I agree that Moonlight aired a while ago, the Shield, which was mentioned, aired before that and Alex wasn't the star of that show.

I want people on this board to like me and I realize that someone who frequently sounds a little sad, isn't going to be tops on someone's list of those they like. However, I have to admit that the lack of mention of Moonlight combined with mention of The Shield, makes me feel a little sad. I realize Alex can't control what appears in the article, but it seems like Moonlight should have been mentioned along with the Shield.

Again, I am very happy for Alex and his family and will feel even more joy when I hear about his being a husband as well as a Dad again. I guess I am still a little old fashioned in this regard.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm sure that every Moonlight fan looked on that list and was a little disappointed to see our show wasn't there... but that doesn't dampen my happiness for him. :cloud9: We all know that Moonlight was his best work, whatever the folks at Us Weekly think. :yes: Today I'm celebrating Alex's good news.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

MLS---I get it that some people are more affected by the loss of ML than others, that is totally fine. And you shouldn't worry about trying to get folks to like you. Just be yourself!! We run the gamut here as far as different personalities and that is what is so cool about this community.

I was just trying to be logical, and although The Shield is older than ML, it's also more recognized. True, Alex wasn't in it that long, but for his publicity team? It makes sense to say he was on a popular, critically acclaimed, long running show. It hurts my heart, too, when I mention ML to friends and they get a blank look on their faces bc they've never heard of it.

I guess all I can say to help you feel a bit better is that Moonlight wasn't mentioned for the reasons I listed, it had nothing to do with it's awesome fans or the people that worked on it. It was a little known show that aired for a year: at least that's what people other than us would qualify it as! So, for Alex's purposes, it behooves his team to mention his more successful, longer running endeavors.

And if you still feel sad, look up at that banner and remember what it signifies, look at all the names of the wonderful people gathered here. We are ML. We are it's fans, it's protectors and each other's friends :hearts:

And it's okay to be old fashioned, as happy as I am about the little guy, I hope his family stays in a long term, loving, committed relationship. There is nothing wrong with feeling that way.

But as Alle said, today is about celebrating a new life that a man we adore created. How cool is that?
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Awwwwwwwww! I'm assuming this means all went well and and BabyGorgeous is healthy and strong. :hearts:

And I don't care which of Alex shows gets mentioned... the baby is here, Alex IS mentioned... folks'll find ML. Look how much ML attention H50 created. As long as Alex is working and successful, new MLaholics will be created.

But this is most def a time for congratulations and joy and celebration!!!!!!!!!! :hyper2: :woohoo: :highfive: :cheering: :yahoo: :clapping: :heart:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

I didn't even read the article. Glad all went well with the birth. Now just give the babe a half way socially acceptable moniker. :laugh: :cheering: :celebrate:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What, you don't like "Spike"? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Didn't Alex say something about giving the baby a Hawaiian middle name? I like that idea. :hearts:
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

I've never admitted how I feel about the name Spike...but I'm sure many pooches in this world answer to that one. :snicker: How about a good Irish name to go along with the name O'Loughlin? PLEASE.... :fingerscrossed: No Apples, no Bananas, etc.
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I'm so happy for them! I imagine Alex is over the moon.

:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:

Now, it will be interesting to see how he keeps up with shooting! They are working on 3.10 now
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

aolver wrote: How about a good Irish name to go along with the name O'Loughlin? PLEASE.... :fingerscrossed: No Apples, no Bananas, etc.

Don't count on it, babe. I'm sure it will be something as equally ridiculous as Spike. :eyeroll: Personally, I think it's nice when a boy is named after his father or grandfather, or given an old family name. :hearts:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Do we even know, for SURES, what Alex's actual real name is?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

No we don't! If I remember that old article about NIDA when he was a student there, he changed his name before he started school. That would be the 'O'Lachlan' last name.
Last edited by r1015bill on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

It sounds to me like Alex and Malia both come from unconventional families. :yes: The one thing we can be sure of is that, whatever the baby's name, he will be surrounded by love and his life will be lots of fun. He's a very lucky little boy. :cloud9:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:yes: :hearts:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist

Return to “The Alex Archives”